Finland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Getting to Kilpisjärvi

Kilpisjärvi Mar 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Does anybody know what the roads from Tromso to Kilpisjärvi are like to drive on in March? Thanks :)

more
    • Train Travel centre

Varkaus Apr 15, 2014 at 11:30 PM

I booked a ticket in Vr.fi to travel. But i do not know where is the terminal to get into the train.

more
    • Airport Transfer

Helsinki Apr 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Could you assist in best transfer from Airport, to Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel,Ruoholahdenranta 3, Eteläinen Suurpiiri, 00180 Helsinki

more
    • 10 days in Finland by car

Finland Apr 12, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Hello!

we're 4 adults comming to Finland on 30.5-9.6 (10 nights).

day 1: we are landing at the Vantaa airport at 13:00 pm and renting a car for all days trip.
      after taking the car we'r driving to Lappeenranta and going to stay there for 1 night.

day 2: road trip to Koli national park. and spending the night at Kajaani.

day 3-4: driving to Rovaniemi and stay for 2 days

day 5: driving to Tampere for one night

day 6-10: Espoo- we booked 3 night at Scandic Hotel. at day 6 we're going to Kivenlahti Rock Festivaali. we can drive from Espoo to Turku by car and also visit in Helsinki.

can you please tell me if the planned trip is ok? there is more places we should visit? we can change the trip destinations except days 6-10 (we have already booked hotel and bought tickets to the festival).
      it would be great if you can recommend for places to visit at the cities we're going to visit (sights, nightlife, resturants, cheap hotels, and more...)

thank you!!

more
    • Pascom01's Profile Photo

Wellington Boots and Snow and Ice

Rovaniemi Apr 9, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Hi, are Wellington boots sensible footwear during December/January in Rovaniemi. they are obviously waterproof but will they be warm enough (with socks and the like of course). I suspect they would be slippery on snow, would that be correct? Or should I look at other waterproof footwear - We are coming from Australia and I have never had to consider this in the past - Thanks and Regards -- Malcolm

more
    • Best time to Visit

Rovaniemi Apr 6, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Hi,
      We are from Malaysia (tropical weather all year round) and planning to visit Scandinavia this year.
      My kids are big fans of Santa Claus and they have seen the photos of Rovaniemi and they want to visit Rovaniemi for sure.
      May I know what is the best time to visit Rovaniemi that we get to see snow and Santa Claus?
      Considering we are from Tropical countries, is it tough to adapt to the cold weather there?
      What's the best mode of transportation?
      When it snows, is it still possible to travel by flight?
      Hope to get your reply as we need to start planning our vacation soon!

Many thanks!

more
    • train travel

Helsinki Apr 5, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Is it safe to travel from helsinki to Kuopio by train late at night

more
    • Travel from turku

Varkaus Apr 16, 2014 at 2:35 AM

I need to travel from Turku to Varkaus on 20-04-2014 morning.. could you please suggest me the fastest way and cheapest commuter (bus/train)

more

Driving in Rovaniemi in Winter

Rovaniemi Apr 9, 2014 at 3:48 AM

We are an Australian family of 8 spending a white Xmas in Rovaniemi from 20/12/14 to 27/12/14. Considering hiring cars as we have booked accommodation at Muurola. Given the time of the year, can you still drive around or is the area snowbound. do you need chains. is hiring cars possible/sensible? - regards Malcolm

more
    • heading to helsinki next week

Finland Apr 1, 2014 at 12:54 AM

hi. i m heading to finland for 12 days next week. fly in/out via helsinki. haven't got any plan yet. not even a hotel room is booked! i m thinking to head all the way north w/ small stops in between. any suggestion? thanks!

more
    • Travel from turku

Varkaus Apr 16, 2014 at 2:35 AM

I need to travel from Turku to Varkaus on 20-04-2014 morning.. could you please suggest me the fastest way and cheapest commuter (bus/train)

6 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 1:20 AM
    • Train Travel centre

Varkaus Apr 15, 2014 at 11:30 PM

I booked a ticket in Vr.fi to travel. But i do not know where is the terminal to get into the train.

2 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 2:33 AM
    • 10 days in Finland by car

Finland Apr 12, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Hello!

we're 4 adults comming to Finland on 30.5-9.6 (10 nights).

day 1: we are landing at the Vantaa airport at 13:00 pm and renting a car for all days trip.
      after taking the car we'r driving to Lappeenranta and going to stay there for 1 night.

day 2: road trip to Koli national park. and spending the night at Kajaani.

day 3-4: driving to Rovaniemi and stay for 2 days

day 5: driving to Tampere for one night

day 6-10: Espoo- we booked 3 night at Scandic Hotel. at day 6 we're going to Kivenlahti Rock Festivaali. we can drive from Espoo to Turku by car and also visit in Helsinki.

can you please tell me if the planned trip is ok? there is more places we should visit? we can change the trip destinations except days 6-10 (we have already booked hotel and bought tickets to the festival).
      it would be great if you can recommend for places to visit at the cities we're going to visit (sights, nightlife, resturants, cheap hotels, and more...)

thank you!!

5 Answers Yesterday

Wellington Boots and Snow and Ice

Rovaniemi Apr 9, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Hi, are Wellington boots sensible footwear during December/January in Rovaniemi. they are obviously waterproof but will they be warm enough (with socks and the like of course). I suspect they would be slippery on snow, would that be correct? Or should I look at other waterproof footwear - We are coming from Australia and I have never had to consider this in the past - Thanks and Regards -- Malcolm

5 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Driving in Rovaniemi in Winter

Rovaniemi Apr 9, 2014 at 3:48 AM

We are an Australian family of 8 spending a white Xmas in Rovaniemi from 20/12/14 to 27/12/14. Considering hiring cars as we have booked accommodation at Muurola. Given the time of the year, can you still drive around or is the area snowbound. do you need chains. is hiring cars possible/sensible? - regards Malcolm

8 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 7:14 AM
    • Airport Transfer

Helsinki Apr 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Could you assist in best transfer from Airport, to Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel,Ruoholahdenranta 3, Eteläinen Suurpiiri, 00180 Helsinki

3 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 9:33 PM
    • Best time to Visit

Rovaniemi Apr 6, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Hi,
      We are from Malaysia (tropical weather all year round) and planning to visit Scandinavia this year.
      My kids are big fans of Santa Claus and they have seen the photos of Rovaniemi and they want to visit Rovaniemi for sure.
      May I know what is the best time to visit Rovaniemi that we get to see snow and Santa Claus?
      Considering we are from Tropical countries, is it tough to adapt to the cold weather there?
      What's the best mode of transportation?
      When it snows, is it still possible to travel by flight?
      Hope to get your reply as we need to start planning our vacation soon!

Many thanks!

5 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 11:07 PM
    • train travel

Helsinki Apr 5, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Is it safe to travel from helsinki to Kuopio by train late at night

5 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 9:27 AM
    • heading to helsinki next week

Finland Apr 1, 2014 at 12:54 AM

hi. i m heading to finland for 12 days next week. fly in/out via helsinki. haven't got any plan yet. not even a hotel room is booked! i m thinking to head all the way north w/ small stops in between. any suggestion? thanks!

8 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    • Getting to Kilpisjärvi

Kilpisjärvi Mar 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Does anybody know what the roads from Tromso to Kilpisjärvi are like to drive on in March? Thanks :)

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    • About tampere airport!

Tampere Mar 8, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Hello I have a plan to travel in May. Is there anyone who know whether there is a coin locker or somewhere that I can keep my luggages? Also, I want to the way from Tampere airport to Helsinki airport. Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 4:51 PM
    • Women winter boots made in Finland.

Finland Mar 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Hello all,
      I am looking for the make of a very good women winter boot made in Finland.

I bought a pair of women winter boots made in Finland in 2007.
      These are still good today!
      I am trying to find a new pair, can't find them, and can't read the manufactures name on my boots.

Thanks for your help, Irene

2 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 10:59 AM
    • Fun activities in Helsinki?

Helsinki Mar 3, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Any suggestions for any fun activities in Helsinki..? We are 4 couples that are going the first weekend in April. Has been checking out "the beer tram" Spårakoff, but it only runs from May...
      Want to have a fun activity on a Saturday, from after breakfast and for 3 hours, preferably including lunch.
      Any special tours to book?

2 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Things to do in Rovaniemi

Rovaniemi Feb 25, 2014 at 12:18 AM

We are staying in Lapland over Xmas this year (2014) and was looking for suggestions about things to do in Rovaniemi

7 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    • tampere airport terminal 2 to helsinki centre easiest route

Tampere Feb 20, 2014 at 8:34 AM

in July 2014 3 people going from airport terminal 2 tampere to helsinki center.easiest route?

3 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 11:59 PM
    • Info om museum

Vasa Feb 16, 2014 at 5:09 AM

Hej,
      Söker ett museum i Vasa där det finns gamla saker såsom möbler.
      Tacksam för webadress.
      Vänliga hälsningar, Mikaela Holm

6 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 11:06 AM
    • Just a day in Helsinki

Helsinki Feb 11, 2014 at 3:15 PM

I am in Talinn for a week in May and would like to visit Helsinki for a day. I am confused between the choices of ferries, prices, speed and safety and would like some reliable info on how to get there, what to do in a day, where to eat and shop etc.

3 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 1:30 PM
    • Amer23's Profile Photo

Activities on november

Ivalo Feb 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Hi.
      I planning to go saariselka on november.what activities I can do on that time?

7 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 9:25 AM
    • Finland in August with kids.

Finland Feb 7, 2014 at 6:36 AM

We are coming to Finland for two weeks to see the country. We would like to start in Helsinki and head north to Oulu and maybe Rovaniemi. I would like to make this a fun and interesting trip for my children. I would love any suggestions you might have on cities or places we should try and go to. Also, would you think that we should go to Rovaniemi in August? We would love to stay at a farm with animals but I am unsure how I would find one. The last thing I was wondering about is going in August. Is the weather still warm or has autumn already set in? I appreciate any guidance you can give us. Thank you:-)

7 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    • wboaz's Profile Photo

What to see and do in Helsinki in February?

Helsinki Jan 30, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I have to come to Helsinki for business in February? What can I see and do in this weather?
      Thanks in advance

8 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 2:26 PM
    • april in Oulu

Oulu Jan 21, 2014 at 8:37 PM

What is the weather like in Oulu,  Finland in mid- April, will there be things to do at that time of year?

4 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM
    • Timetable for day train

Rovaniemi Jan 16, 2014 at 1:34 PM

what is the DAY TRAIN TIMETABLE from Helsinki to Rovanemi?

1 Answer Jan 16, 2014 at 1:46 PM
    • Steven Janssens

Finland Jan 14, 2014 at 1:47 AM

is there a snowboard-schook or teacher in levi ? any advice ?

3 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM
    • Leonatlm's Profile Photo

Finland in mid-May

Finland Jan 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM

I hv 1week to visit Finland from 8/5, any suggestions on the itinerary n must dos?

24 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    • Stay in Rovaniemi or further up north ?

Rovaniemi Jan 2, 2014 at 4:32 AM

Hi! I will be visiting the Lapland in early February. I am a solo male traveler and my concerns are should i stay in rovaniemi or further up north? e.g 1-2 days stay then move up to Levi etc and spend another 1-2 days there. My interests are in the beauty of the wilderness area (easy to moderate winter trails that dont take more than a day), husky and reindeer rides and hopefully catching a free aurora instead of going with the tours provided (am contemplating the night snowmobile aurora hunt, not sure if its worth though). Im always open to recommendations! Much help would be appreciated please!

Thanks!

Jonathan from Singapore

4 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    • Hotel most close to Aallonkatu bus stop

Rovaniemi Dec 21, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I want to take the sampo icebreaker in february and the meeting point is Aallonkuta bus stop, What's the most nearby hotel to the bus stop as I think it would not be easy to walking around in Feb's cold weather.

Thank you very much!!!

Kitty from Hong Kong

6 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    • Helsinki during Christmas

Helsinki Dec 11, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Hi. We will be in Helsinki 23-25 dec. Seems that christmas markets are closed by 22 dec. Should we be expecting a quiet city during this period? Any recommended places for us to roam around? Thks!

9 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 3:56 AM
    • Day Trip to Artic Snow Hotel

Rovaniemi Dec 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Hi. We are planning a day trip to Artic Snow Hotel on 27 Dec. Are there any buses going there? Thks!

3 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • Bus to Helsinki Airport

Helsinki Dec 8, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Can I book seat in advance for the Finnair bus from Central Station to Helsinki Airport ?

3 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    • Juanmareca's Profile Photo

May I ask SANTA for more Snow?

Rovaniemi Dec 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Hello. We are a family of five (My wife, plus 5, 10, and 11 years old children) from Madrid, Spain. We will stay at Rovaniemi from 12th December to 16th December. I visit the Rovaniemi Webcams daily and not too much snow really. The weather forecast, besides its unpredictability, does not show at this moment great snowfalls for next week. So I am wondering if,,, snowmobiles or huskies trip are possible with the actual snow and weather conditions?... And if not... what can we do???. We have rent a car for those days, and will be staying at ounasvaaran Pirtit ¿should we move somewhere else to do those trips?. All information and recommendations are wellcome. Best regards from Madrid.

3 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 3:54 AM