Travel Answers
Fiji

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MelP85's Profile Photo

Honeymoon in Fiji (on a mid sized budget)

Fiji Feb 5, 2015 at 8:14 AM

My fiancee and I will be heading over to Fiji for 17 days for our honeymoon and really wanted to get some guidance and suggestions. We purchased the Moon Handbook but there are just so many options and the hotels I am liking seem to be busting my budget a little. Our rough itinerary is as follows:-

2- 3 nights in the Mamanucas (staying in 1-2 hotels)

6-7 nights in the Yasawa islands (Bula Pass) (staying in 2-3 hotels)

4 nights in Taveuni

2 nights in Savusavu

Remainder in Nadi

We may have bitten off more than we can chew on the above and don't want to end up being exhausted but there is so much we want to do. We have a budget of about FJD$10,000-18,000 (not including flights which have already been paid for).

Some of our key questions - should we go to both the Mamanucas and Yasawas? Or should we skip the Mamanucas? If we stay in one resort in the Mamanucas (e.g. Navini resort) could we take day trips out to the rest of the Mamanucas? Should we skip Savusavu and spend the time in Tavueni? Or should be cut down our time in the Mamanucas/Yasawas?

Just a little about ourselves, we love the beach, diving/snorkelling, waterfalls and hotsprings - basically water. We also love good food and learning more about local cultures. I'm not a big hiker (as I am not very fit) though would be happy to do a bit of hiking to get a chance to take a dip in some awesome waterfalls. We also live in the tropics to living in a rainforest environment is not a big priority (don't know if that makes sense....)

Also if you have any comments about our proposed itinerary - all comments will be welcome. Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks for your input :)

more
    • MelP85's Profile Photo

Honeymoon in Fiji (on a mid sized budget)

Fiji Feb 5, 2015 at 8:14 AM

My fiancee and I will be heading over to Fiji for 17 days for our honeymoon and really wanted to get some guidance and suggestions. We purchased the Moon Handbook but there are just so many options and the hotels I am liking seem to be busting my budget a little. Our rough itinerary is as follows:-

2- 3 nights in the Mamanucas (staying in 1-2 hotels)

6-7 nights in the Yasawa islands (Bula Pass) (staying in 2-3 hotels)

4 nights in Taveuni

2 nights in Savusavu

Remainder in Nadi

We may have bitten off more than we can chew on the above and don't want to end up being exhausted but there is so much we want to do. We have a budget of about FJD$10,000-18,000 (not including flights which have already been paid for).

Some of our key questions - should we go to both the Mamanucas and Yasawas? Or should we skip the Mamanucas? If we stay in one resort in the Mamanucas (e.g. Navini resort) could we take day trips out to the rest of the Mamanucas? Should we skip Savusavu and spend the time in Tavueni? Or should be cut down our time in the Mamanucas/Yasawas?

Just a little about ourselves, we love the beach, diving/snorkelling, waterfalls and hotsprings - basically water. We also love good food and learning more about local cultures. I'm not a big hiker (as I am not very fit) though would be happy to do a bit of hiking to get a chance to take a dip in some awesome waterfalls. We also live in the tropics to living in a rainforest environment is not a big priority (don't know if that makes sense....)

Also if you have any comments about our proposed itinerary - all comments will be welcome. Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks for your input :)

• What to pack

Mana Island Jan 10, 2015 at 5:39 AM

Do I need to supply my own beach towel

1 Answer Jan 13, 2015 at 2:33 AM
    • travel to fiji in january

Fiji Nov 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Can only go in January. Will I still have a good time bearing in mind its the rainy season. Like to walk and see the scenery are there many trails in Nadi.
      Where's the best place to stay for a bit of beach and some walking and a chance to see some local culture.

4 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 10:16 PM
    • What to do?

Suva Aug 18, 2014 at 7:09 PM

We are docking for 8 hours. What to do on water?

2 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • booking accommodation

Fiji Aug 17, 2014 at 3:59 PM

can i turn up in fiji without island accommodation in september and book accommodation once in fiji or on arrival?

3 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 4:50 AM
    • 9 hours and 45 minutes

Fiji Aug 14, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I am travelling to Australia in November time and have a connection in Nadi, Fiji. I was wondering if there was anything that was outside the airport that could be seen in a couple of hours?

Thanks
      C

5 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 12:11 PM
    • Fiji Cruise

Fiji Jul 27, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Hi, I heard there was a cruise for a few days around Fiji but cant find it mentioned.. Can you help me?

1 Answer Jul 27, 2014 at 11:03 PM
    • one day in Fiji

Nadi Jul 25, 2014 at 10:38 AM

We have a lay over in Fiji for 1 day, we arrive at 6am and have a hotel booked until the next morning. We would love to do something on this one day - suggestions? Thank you!

2 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 5:24 PM
    • Running track

Mana Island Jul 18, 2014 at 4:19 AM

Hi there
      Is there anywhere to run on Mana Island? I'm going there on holiday and am training for an upcoming marathon? Or is there a gym?

Jane

• Five Star hotel food with kids...

Fiji Jul 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Is there a five star family hotel where the restaurant food is good, but not going to break the bank if there most nights?

4 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 6:38 PM
    • Comparable cost of watch in Fiji to Australia

Lautoka Jun 27, 2014 at 5:59 PM

How much should I pay for a good brand (well known) 100 m depth divers style watch in Lautoka in Fiji Dollars?

• Jazzman2081's Profile Photo

Dress code

Fiji Jun 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Going to Fiji soon for a conference. At a special function we would like to wear the men's "skirt"/sari with a white shirt as "formal wear". Would this be disrespectful.?

2 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    • where to buy local fabric

Fiji Jun 7, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Hi,where can I buy local fabric and also cheap sari fabric in Nadi/Lautoka area - to bring back to NZ,thanks

1 Answer Jun 8, 2014 at 9:49 AM
    • Resorts to stay

Fiji May 7, 2014 at 2:15 AM

Hi its mine and my husbands first time travelling to fiji. Wondering which resort is better for couples. The warwick resort or the shangri-la. Please help

4 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 4:20 AM
    • snorkelling

Thuvu Apr 30, 2014 at 7:55 PM

hi where is the best and safest place to go snorklleing around yanucca island

• 10 days in Fiji - how/where to split our time

Fiji Apr 27, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Hi everyone :)

My boyfriend and I arrive in Fiji at 4pm on 29 Sept and have 3 nights until we have to be at the Intercontinental on the Coral Coast for a wedding - (we can't afford to stay at the Intercontinental from the first night, and we have had a look at the neighbouring hotel Natolda Beach Resort but it's unfortunately booked out for the dates we need.)
      So... we have a number of options such as stay somewhere else close on the Coral Coast, or stay in Nadi, or Denarau Island or perhaps venture to Pacific Harbour? We are on a budget and are looking for something around $150 per night.
      After that we are staying at the Intercon for 2 nights and then have 4 more nights before our flight home. I really want to head out to an Island for this part i have had a bit of a look and Octopus, Matamanoa and Blue Lagoon have all taken my interest (we are hoping to spend around $250-300 per night on an island). Is 4 nights enough to enjoy one of these islands?

Are 3 different hotels/areas too much in 10 days?

1 Answer Jun 26, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • sakuyaini's Profile Photo

Is the 10 and 20 Queen dollar still accepted ?

Fiji Mar 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Hi, I know that Fiji's had recently been replaced with now having plants and animals. Does anyone know if the old/queen 10 and 20 bills are still being accepted ?

1 Answer Mar 25, 2014 at 10:13 PM
    • Where should I stay??

Fiji Mar 4, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Hi Guys I'm from America but am currently living in Sydney on a Holiday Visa. I have my cousin coming visit me in 2 weeks who wants to visit Fiji while on this side of the world. He's 28 & has told me he wants to visit an island with some nightlife as he is a single young man. I want to make sure he enjoy's himself, are there any suggestions that you can give on what Island we should stay at?? We don't want to have to spend a great deal of money to enjoy our Holiday.We want to enjoy our trip without being bored & just stuck at a resort or on an island. Any information will be greatly appreciated..

8 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    • Garden of the Sleeping Giant

Viseisei Feb 24, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Please tell me where the Garden of the Sleeping Giant is located, and how does one get there from Port Denarau?

2 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    • Activities?

Nathula Island Feb 2, 2014 at 7:12 PM

What is there to do on Nathula Island besides water activities. Are there villages? Hiking opportunities?

5 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:25 PM
    • Almonds's Profile Photo

Outrigger Resort

Fiji Jan 21, 2014 at 11:45 PM

I am thinking of spending a week at the Outrigger Resort in Fiji. I am looking forward to relaxing but am worried that if I get bored I would be marooned there on my own with nothing to do. Are various trips available from the resort to other places?

5 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 8:13 PM
    • navua accomodation

Navua Jan 18, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Hi
      We are two families (with 2 children each) and we are coming to Fiji in July for 3 weeks. We can only afford to stay in a resort for about 5 days and for the other 2.5 weeks we would like to stay in clean, comfortable self contained accommodation near Navua. We would prefer something that has air con and a pool if poss. If anyone has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

1 Answer Mar 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM
    • Naviti Resort

Fiji Jan 14, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Hello

We are staying at the Naviti Resort next month. Our Dr has recommended we drink bottled water. Unfortunately our package does not include bottled water. Does anyone know where we can buy bottled water?

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jan 15, 2014 at 12:31 AM
    • TaylerG's Profile Photo

CAN CANADIANS OWN PROPERTY IN FIJI

Fiji Jan 10, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Hello, I am wanting to purchase land and a home in the pacific islands for my place of permanent residence. I love the culture and way of life. I am a canadian and would love any advice or recommendations as to location. I would prefer ocean front, away from the larger cities.

2 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 4:21 PM
    • SharynC's Profile Photo

Arts Village Fire-walking

Suva Jan 1, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Can I get there easily and is it best use of my one day in Suva, arriving by cruise ship.

1 Answer Jan 1, 2014 at 10:54 PM
    • One way ticket to Fiji

Nadi Dec 14, 2013 at 5:19 AM

My son who was born in Fiji (Fijian father) but has Australian citizenship by descent, me being his Australian mother, is going back to Fiji on a one-way ticket. Will they question/stop him entering the country with no onward ticket? he is planning on staying a month or so with family then purchasing a ticket for NZ. He seems to think it won't be a problem but any knowledge/advice would be appreciated

5 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 8:07 AM
    • Best Fijian resort with island culture, beach front, and under $500/nt

Viti Levu Dec 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Looking for a Fijian beachfront resort we can get to from Nadi late in the day, without plane ride. Don't want sterile Intercontinental feel, but more a native culture experience, affordable and good food, not isolated tourist trap. Any ideas?

5 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM
    • Is 10 nights in Denarau too long?

Fiji Nov 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Our family of 4 (husband, 2 daughters 8 and 10 and myself) are going to Fiji in January 2014 for 10 days. My husband booked accomodation for the entire time at the Sheraton Denarau Villas.
      We have never been to Fiji and I'm wondering if we should have booked accomodation on the islands instead, or at least spend part of our time on the islands.
      We are thinking of cancelling / reduce the Sheraton Denarau booking (which would incur a fee) do you think this is a good idea? Is spending all our time in Denarau too much? Any advice would be apprecaited.
      Thank you

3 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    • 7_seconds's Profile Photo

nice and affordable accommodation + budget travel advice welcome

Fiji Oct 29, 2013 at 4:01 AM

My husband and I are planing to visit Fiji around March/April 2014. We are on the budget and I'm open for budget suggestions to make our stay longer. I'm also looking affordable option for accommodation; taking some resort might be quite a lot of money.
      We are interested in seeing both sandy beaches as well as inland of Viti Levu.

Can someone say something about prices of e.g. beer, wine, some local lunch. Is tap water safe or we need to buy bottled one?

thank you!

4 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    • Price of hotels.

Fiji Oct 12, 2013 at 11:27 PM

My girlfriend and I are heading to Fiji on 2/11/13 without having a place to stay booked yet. We never checked the price for hotels on the islands until after our flights were paid for, and now it just seems far too expensive (AUD$2000 min-$3500) for us for just ten nights.
      Has anyone any ideas for me?We like to snorkel,swim,chill etc and are up for a bit of an adventure, We're not set on the islands as we've never gone to Fiji before. We can't afford to pay thousands for accommodation but I want to make her happy.

3 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 1:41 PM