Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Should I move my family?

Fiji Sep 3, 2015 at 9:32 AM

I got job in Fiji. I am from India. Is it safe and comfortable? What about the education? I have 2 kids. Please reply me on

1 Answer Sep 3, 2015 at 12:42 PM
    • Nadi Shopping

Fiji Aug 14, 2015 at 4:35 AM

We want to buy our own pillows and linen in Nadi, where would we go to do this, thanks

1 Answer Aug 14, 2015 at 10:02 AM
    • Medical Advice

Suva Jul 26, 2015 at 1:50 AM

My 18yr daughter is off to Fiji on 1st August 2015 (next week) for two months working with the Fijian Times. Can you advise any other items you wish you had taken but didn't. I have majority of stuff, but just wondering if there was anything specific she should take. Many thanks. Jen

5 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 7:00 AM
    • Day trips from Fiji

Mana Island Jul 20, 2015 at 8:53 AM

what islands would be easiest from Fiji? via boat?

1 Answer Jul 21, 2015 at 6:59 AM
    • Angbella's Profile Photo

From and To airport

Fiji Jun 17, 2015 at 11:28 PM

How do you best go from and to the airport on arrival at Nadi if your resort is on the coral coast Naviti resort.
      Prefer an economical way it's for 2 people.

1 Answer Jun 19, 2015 at 5:28 PM
    • BillyPittman's Profile Photo

Hostels in Fiji?

Nadi May 15, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Curious as to how much the hostels actually cost? I reserved a bed at the beachcomber for $12 a night. Im really curious as to how much I'll have to pay for food and the resort fee? Also any advice on budget backpacking in Fiji would be much appreciated! Thanks!

• all inclusive

Fiji May 3, 2015 at 4:43 PM

We are thinking of going to Fiji in late November and are wondering what is included in Hotels. We are from Canada and tried to find out if any meals are included with Expedia. Would appreciate some input. Thankscool

5 Answers May 11, 2015 at 9:45 AM
    • 2 hours to kill

Nadi May 3, 2015 at 1:56 AM

Hi everyone, we have about 2 hours to kill between landing in Nadi and our transfer out to the islands. Can anyone suggest something to do in this time. We don't want to go too far from the airport, and would prefer something in walking distance, but don't mind a short taxi ride.
      Thanks in advance

2 Answers May 3, 2015 at 6:43 AM
    • Weather in Fiji in January

Fiji Apr 3, 2015 at 7:39 PM

I just want to know if it is advisable to spend a 5 day vacation in Fiji in mid January. I've had a look at the weather averages and rain, and it seems it is very risky. My point is that i would not enjoy my vacation if it would be rainy all the time. Can you give me advice ? Should I delay my trip and go in May or June( months in which there are the less rain). Thanks.

2 Answers Apr 22, 2015 at 6:07 PM
    • First Time Fiji Trip

Fiji Mar 23, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Hi All,

I am a trying to plan a 10-day trip to Fiji at the end of May beginning of June. My travel partner and I are looking to Island Hop to get the full Fijian experience. We are looking to explore the rain forests, animals, culture, people and cuisine as well as the pristine beaches and coral reefs. I am unsure which places to visit and which activities are a must see/must do. I would love to do everything but I know doing everything can get pricey. Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 Answer Apr 20, 2015 at 1:53 PM
    • Day trip from Denarau

Fiji Mar 23, 2015 at 4:02 AM

Hi we are staying at the Hilton for 5 days and want to visit an exotic Fijian island for the day. Any recommendations?

1 Answer Mar 23, 2015 at 4:40 AM
    • MelP85's Profile Photo

Honeymoon in Fiji (on a mid sized budget)

Fiji Feb 5, 2015 at 8:14 AM

My fiancee and I will be heading over to Fiji for 17 days for our honeymoon and really wanted to get some guidance and suggestions. We purchased the Moon Handbook but there are just so many options and the hotels I am liking seem to be busting my budget a little. Our rough itinerary is as follows:-

2- 3 nights in the Mamanucas (staying in 1-2 hotels)

6-7 nights in the Yasawa islands (Bula Pass) (staying in 2-3 hotels)

4 nights in Taveuni

2 nights in Savusavu

Remainder in Nadi

We may have bitten off more than we can chew on the above and don't want to end up being exhausted but there is so much we want to do. We have a budget of about FJD$10,000-18,000 (not including flights which have already been paid for).

Some of our key questions - should we go to both the Mamanucas and Yasawas? Or should we skip the Mamanucas? If we stay in one resort in the Mamanucas (e.g. Navini resort) could we take day trips out to the rest of the Mamanucas? Should we skip Savusavu and spend the time in Tavueni? Or should be cut down our time in the Mamanucas/Yasawas?

Just a little about ourselves, we love the beach, diving/snorkelling, waterfalls and hotsprings - basically water. We also love good food and learning more about local cultures. I'm not a big hiker (as I am not very fit) though would be happy to do a bit of hiking to get a chance to take a dip in some awesome waterfalls. We also live in the tropics to living in a rainforest environment is not a big priority (don't know if that makes sense....)

Also if you have any comments about our proposed itinerary - all comments will be welcome. Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks for your input :)

1 Answer Apr 23, 2015 at 3:05 AM
    • What to pack

Mana Island Jan 10, 2015 at 5:39 AM

Do I need to supply my own beach towel

1 Answer Jan 13, 2015 at 2:33 AM
    • travel to fiji in january

Fiji Nov 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Can only go in January. Will I still have a good time bearing in mind its the rainy season. Like to walk and see the scenery are there many trails in Nadi.
      Where's the best place to stay for a bit of beach and some walking and a chance to see some local culture.

4 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 10:16 PM
    • What to do?

Suva Aug 18, 2014 at 7:09 PM

We are docking for 8 hours. What to do on water?

2 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • booking accommodation

Fiji Aug 17, 2014 at 3:59 PM

can i turn up in fiji without island accommodation in september and book accommodation once in fiji or on arrival?

3 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 4:50 AM
    • 9 hours and 45 minutes

Fiji Aug 14, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I am travelling to Australia in November time and have a connection in Nadi, Fiji. I was wondering if there was anything that was outside the airport that could be seen in a couple of hours?

5 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 12:11 PM
    • Fiji Cruise

Fiji Jul 27, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Hi, I heard there was a cruise for a few days around Fiji but cant find it mentioned.. Can you help me?

1 Answer Jul 27, 2014 at 11:03 PM
    • one day in Fiji

Nadi Jul 25, 2014 at 10:38 AM

We have a lay over in Fiji for 1 day, we arrive at 6am and have a hotel booked until the next morning. We would love to do something on this one day - suggestions? Thank you!

2 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 5:24 PM
    • Running track

Mana Island Jul 18, 2014 at 4:19 AM

Hi there
      Is there anywhere to run on Mana Island? I'm going there on holiday and am training for an upcoming marathon? Or is there a gym?

• Five Star hotel food with kids...

Fiji Jul 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Is there a five star family hotel where the restaurant food is good, but not going to break the bank if there most nights?

4 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 6:38 PM
    • Comparable cost of watch in Fiji to Australia

Lautoka Jun 27, 2014 at 5:59 PM

How much should I pay for a good brand (well known) 100 m depth divers style watch in Lautoka in Fiji Dollars?

• Jazzman2081's Profile Photo

Dress code

Fiji Jun 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Going to Fiji soon for a conference. At a special function we would like to wear the men's "skirt"/sari with a white shirt as "formal wear". Would this be disrespectful.?

2 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    • where to buy local fabric

Fiji Jun 7, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Hi,where can I buy local fabric and also cheap sari fabric in Nadi/Lautoka area - to bring back to NZ,thanks

1 Answer Jun 8, 2014 at 9:49 AM
    • Resorts to stay

Fiji May 7, 2014 at 2:15 AM

Hi its mine and my husbands first time travelling to fiji. Wondering which resort is better for couples. The warwick resort or the shangri-la. Please help

4 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 4:20 AM
    • snorkelling

Thuvu Apr 30, 2014 at 7:55 PM

hi where is the best and safest place to go snorklleing around yanucca island

• 10 days in Fiji - how/where to split our time

Fiji Apr 27, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Hi everyone :)

My boyfriend and I arrive in Fiji at 4pm on 29 Sept and have 3 nights until we have to be at the Intercontinental on the Coral Coast for a wedding - (we can't afford to stay at the Intercontinental from the first night, and we have had a look at the neighbouring hotel Natolda Beach Resort but it's unfortunately booked out for the dates we need.)
      So... we have a number of options such as stay somewhere else close on the Coral Coast, or stay in Nadi, or Denarau Island or perhaps venture to Pacific Harbour? We are on a budget and are looking for something around $150 per night.
      After that we are staying at the Intercon for 2 nights and then have 4 more nights before our flight home. I really want to head out to an Island for this part i have had a bit of a look and Octopus, Matamanoa and Blue Lagoon have all taken my interest (we are hoping to spend around $250-300 per night on an island). Is 4 nights enough to enjoy one of these islands?

Are 3 different hotels/areas too much in 10 days?

1 Answer Jun 26, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • sakuyaini's Profile Photo

Is the 10 and 20 Queen dollar still accepted ?

Fiji Mar 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Hi, I know that Fiji's had recently been replaced with now having plants and animals. Does anyone know if the old/queen 10 and 20 bills are still being accepted ?

1 Answer Mar 25, 2014 at 10:13 PM
    • Where should I stay??

Fiji Mar 4, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Hi Guys I'm from America but am currently living in Sydney on a Holiday Visa. I have my cousin coming visit me in 2 weeks who wants to visit Fiji while on this side of the world. He's 28 & has told me he wants to visit an island with some nightlife as he is a single young man. I want to make sure he enjoy's himself, are there any suggestions that you can give on what Island we should stay at?? We don't want to have to spend a great deal of money to enjoy our Holiday.We want to enjoy our trip without being bored & just stuck at a resort or on an island. Any information will be greatly appreciated..

8 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    • Garden of the Sleeping Giant

Viseisei Feb 24, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Please tell me where the Garden of the Sleeping Giant is located, and how does one get there from Port Denarau?

2 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM