Travel Answers
Fiji

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sakuyaini's Profile Photo

Is the 10 and 20 Queen dollar still accepted ?

Fiji Mar 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Hi, I know that Fiji's had recently been replaced with now having plants and animals. Does anyone know if the old/queen 10 and 20 bills are still being accepted ?

1 Answer Mar 25, 2014 at 10:13 PM
    • Where should I stay??

Fiji Mar 4, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Hi Guys I'm from America but am currently living in Sydney on a Holiday Visa. I have my cousin coming visit me in 2 weeks who wants to visit Fiji while on this side of the world. He's 28 & has told me he wants to visit an island with some nightlife as he is a single young man. I want to make sure he enjoy's himself, are there any suggestions that you can give on what Island we should stay at?? We don't want to have to spend a great deal of money to enjoy our Holiday.We want to enjoy our trip without being bored & just stuck at a resort or on an island. Any information will be greatly appreciated..

8 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    • Garden of the Sleeping Giant

Viseisei Feb 24, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Please tell me where the Garden of the Sleeping Giant is located, and how does one get there from Port Denarau?

2 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    • Activities?

Nathula Island Feb 2, 2014 at 7:12 PM

What is there to do on Nathula Island besides water activities. Are there villages? Hiking opportunities?

5 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:25 PM
    • Almonds's Profile Photo

Outrigger Resort

Fiji Jan 21, 2014 at 11:45 PM

I am thinking of spending a week at the Outrigger Resort in Fiji. I am looking forward to relaxing but am worried that if I get bored I would be marooned there on my own with nothing to do. Are various trips available from the resort to other places?

5 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 8:13 PM
    • navua accomodation

Navua Jan 18, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Hi
      We are two families (with 2 children each) and we are coming to Fiji in July for 3 weeks. We can only afford to stay in a resort for about 5 days and for the other 2.5 weeks we would like to stay in clean, comfortable self contained accommodation near Navua. We would prefer something that has air con and a pool if poss. If anyone has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

1 Answer Mar 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM
    • Naviti Resort

Fiji Jan 14, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Hello

We are staying at the Naviti Resort next month. Our Dr has recommended we drink bottled water. Unfortunately our package does not include bottled water. Does anyone know where we can buy bottled water?

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jan 15, 2014 at 12:31 AM
    • TaylerG's Profile Photo

CAN CANADIANS OWN PROPERTY IN FIJI

Fiji Jan 10, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Hello, I am wanting to purchase land and a home in the pacific islands for my place of permanent residence. I love the culture and way of life. I am a canadian and would love any advice or recommendations as to location. I would prefer ocean front, away from the larger cities.

2 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 4:21 PM
    • SharynC's Profile Photo

Arts Village Fire-walking

Suva Jan 1, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Can I get there easily and is it best use of my one day in Suva, arriving by cruise ship.

1 Answer Jan 1, 2014 at 10:54 PM
    • One way ticket to Fiji

Nadi Dec 14, 2013 at 5:19 AM

My son who was born in Fiji (Fijian father) but has Australian citizenship by descent, me being his Australian mother, is going back to Fiji on a one-way ticket. Will they question/stop him entering the country with no onward ticket? he is planning on staying a month or so with family then purchasing a ticket for NZ. He seems to think it won't be a problem but any knowledge/advice would be appreciated

5 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 8:07 AM
    • Best Fijian resort with island culture, beach front, and under $500/nt

Viti Levu Dec 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Looking for a Fijian beachfront resort we can get to from Nadi late in the day, without plane ride. Don't want sterile Intercontinental feel, but more a native culture experience, affordable and good food, not isolated tourist trap. Any ideas?

5 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM
    • Is 10 nights in Denarau too long?

Fiji Nov 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Our family of 4 (husband, 2 daughters 8 and 10 and myself) are going to Fiji in January 2014 for 10 days. My husband booked accomodation for the entire time at the Sheraton Denarau Villas.
      We have never been to Fiji and I'm wondering if we should have booked accomodation on the islands instead, or at least spend part of our time on the islands.
      We are thinking of cancelling / reduce the Sheraton Denarau booking (which would incur a fee) do you think this is a good idea? Is spending all our time in Denarau too much? Any advice would be apprecaited.
      Thank you

3 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    • 7_seconds's Profile Photo

nice and affordable accommodation + budget travel advice welcome

Fiji Oct 29, 2013 at 4:01 AM

My husband and I are planing to visit Fiji around March/April 2014. We are on the budget and I'm open for budget suggestions to make our stay longer. I'm also looking affordable option for accommodation; taking some resort might be quite a lot of money.
      We are interested in seeing both sandy beaches as well as inland of Viti Levu.

Can someone say something about prices of e.g. beer, wine, some local lunch. Is tap water safe or we need to buy bottled one?

thank you!

4 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    • Price of hotels.

Fiji Oct 12, 2013 at 11:27 PM

My girlfriend and I are heading to Fiji on 2/11/13 without having a place to stay booked yet. We never checked the price for hotels on the islands until after our flights were paid for, and now it just seems far too expensive (AUD$2000 min-$3500) for us for just ten nights.
      Has anyone any ideas for me?We like to snorkel,swim,chill etc and are up for a bit of an adventure, We're not set on the islands as we've never gone to Fiji before. We can't afford to pay thousands for accommodation but I want to make her happy.

3 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    • Spending Money

Fiji Oct 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Hi- My friend and I are going to Yasawa Islands Fiji in Novemeber for a week. We have accomodation and I believe meal paid for. How much spending money should we take for things like drinks, snacks etc? And is it better to take cash, as I believe there are no ATMs on the island. Natalie : )

1 Answer Oct 7, 2013 at 8:32 PM
    • Layover 7 hours

Nadi Oct 3, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Can you please let me know if you can leave the airport if you have a 7-8hour layover in Nadi. Are there any additional charges occured if you leave?

3 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    • general gueation

Nadi Sep 23, 2013 at 10:59 PM

is nadi safe city to live?

3 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    • Outrigger fiji food and beer prices

Fiji Sep 19, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Hi all
      Going to Fiji and staying at the outrigger on the coral coast in a couple of weeks.
      Just wondering how much food costs on average and the price of beer and drinks?
      Thanks for any info.
      Brian.

• Average pricing for Fijian goods, creams and lotions.

Fiji Sep 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM

How much would the average price be for all of those coconut body lotions and creams be in fiji?

2 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    • hiking tour

Nadi Aug 25, 2013 at 2:46 AM

hi guys

i will be staying at the Sheraton for the second time in two years
      on my own want to do a bit of exploring
      what can you suggest

• Best Place To Stay while at Fji

Fiji Aug 22, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Where is the because place to stay while in fiji ? Would like to go shopping lay on a great beach and have lots of fun and memorable things to do.

2 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 7:43 AM
    • Prepaid sim card

Fiji Aug 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Can you advise where to get a local sim card and what is the best to get, to ring both locally and text back home, while in Fiji.

1 Answer Mar 16, 2014 at 2:57 PM
    • Transport frpm airport to hotel

Fiji Aug 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Can anyone advise the best and most economical way to get from Nadi airport to our Coral coast hotel? I was told by one person that taxis are fairly reasonable, but by another that they are very expensive. Can anyone advise me of a shuttle service to suit our purposes?
      And what about getting around on the Coral Coast - are taxis the way to go?
      Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    • where to stay?

Suva Aug 5, 2013 at 1:37 AM

where should I stay in Suva, Fiji? I want a safe place for my mom & I. Please advise?

1 Answer Sep 23, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    • Getting married in Fiji

Fiji Aug 4, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Hi,

Planning on getting married in Fiji in April/May 2014 but not sure what the best island/resort to stay at. We are just going to elope so it will be just the two of us, so are looking for something a bit more intimate than a mainland resort. Perhaps one that doesn't allow kids. Would appreciate any advice because there is so much choice!
      Thanks.

• Christmas visit

Nadi Aug 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Can you recommend a nice restaurant for a Christmas Day lunch, though not necessarily christmas themed please?
      Thank you
      Julee

2 Answers Aug 11, 2013 at 7:46 PM
    • visiting Fiji

Nadi Jun 29, 2013 at 4:52 PM

We are coming to fiji - which island day tour offers the best snorkelling experience

2 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 3:43 AM
    • Kokila Store

Suva Jun 19, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Where is the Kokila Store and phone number. I'm enquiring from Australia
      I've heard you can get things there in bulk at good prices.i

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Honeymoon location in Fiji

Fiji Jun 18, 2013 at 12:06 AM

The plans are underway for a wedding in Fiji in jan 2014. I was wondering where we should honeymoon. My partner is of Fijian decent and after all the wedding formalities escapement is what we're looking for. Ideally I'd like an all inclusive package. A nice beach, good food and some peace and quiet is all I'm looking for. We're getting married on the north coast of the main island and we have about a week to spend on our honeymoon. We could split it between two location but ideally I just want to do nothing. We don't have a huge budget but as long as I find something that is good value I will be happy.

3 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 12:44 AM
    • Best Day trips & Activities

Fiji May 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM

My Partner, his 6 year old daughter & I are going to Fiji for first time in October. We are staying at Naviti Resort. Has anybody got recommendations for Day trips & Activities whilst we are there?

7 Answers May 21, 2013 at 12:43 PM