Fiji Travel Answers

change location

Malolo Cat Plantation Island Resort

by ginger22 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Can someone please tell who to book online with for the Malo Cat to Plantation Island Resort. We have not booked through an agent so we can not go through them also every website I go to doesn't list Plantation Island Resort as a destination. Is it listed under a different name or destination??? I am not sure what to do. I went through South Travel website and they sent me back an email asking me for my booking at Muscat Cove when I told them I was not booked at Muscat Cove I have not gotten back any information regarding transfers to Plantation Island Resort. Thank you in advance.

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Malolo Cat Plantation Island Resort

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I am sorry, am I missing something? I know of that resort and I looked. I see no problem with booking it several different ways. booking.com gives it a whole page, and you can go to the resort's pages and book direrct, which is often cost effective.

So, unless I am missing somerthing, I don't see a problem.

http://www.plantationisland.com/

booking.com/hotel/fj/plantat...

Sorry for the long link but that is the resort on bokking.com.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Malolo Cat Plantation Island Resort

by ginger22 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Hi
    I guess I have not been clear enough. I already have a booking at Plantation Island Resort however I am having trouble booking the Malolo Catamaran transfers to and from the resort. Plantation Island Resort is suppose to have it's own dock so I would have thought it would have been listed as a destination on the websites I have visited. When I went to the Plantation Island resort link, it asks me to book the accomodation as well and it won't let me book the ferry transfers on their own. I have already booked my accomodation with hotel.com. but you cannot book ferry transfers to the resort with them either. I went to Viator Malolo Cat transfers and they don't list Plantation Island Resort as one of the destination so I don't know which option to choose. I thought maybe the resort comes under a different name with them. I will try and contact the resort by email and see if I can book the ferry transfers separatedly with them. I just hope they email me back as we leave on the 6th of April. I guess I just thought the Malolo Cat would have had its own website so I could book the ferry directly. Thank you for reading my question.

by ginger22 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Just a follow up on my last email. No response from Plantation Island Resort so sent another email to Southtravel. This is what I received
    Good day.
    I'm still waiting the feedback of our local supplier to response my request to him regarding your enquiry. I'm sorry for keeping you waiting until now. Maybe we cannot longer assist your enquiry.

This was not an enquiry!! It was a booking on the Malolo Cat. Anyway found Viator is now taking transfer bookings to Plantation Island Resort. So if you need transfers you can book with them but be prepared to pay almost AU$92 return.

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 4:31 AM

Hmm, - I am sorry I missed your last reply.

Interesting tiurn of events. Yes, I clearly missed the point. Still, are you sure that the resort did not automatically pencil you in for the transfer? it is safe to say that you cannot get there without it.

It admittedly has been a while, and such services can change, AND I was leading a group, but transfers were automatic in my case.

by ginger22 Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Hi
    Unfortunately, the only correspondence I have received from Plantation Island Resort is to say our booking is confirmed. There was no mention of transfers to the resort probably because I booked the accomodation with Hotel.com. I have emailed them and asked if they would arrange transfers for us but they have not responded to my email and we are running out of time. I went on another forum and there was another person having the same problem and Plantation Island Resort would not respond to his email as either. So it looks like we are on our own to sort this out but thanks for reading. Cheers

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 1:38 AM

OK, - I looked, and understand that I know the main island of Viti Levu better than the "outer" islands, but the issue of transfers is clear on their page here. Have you seen it?

plantationisland.com/theisla...

They clearly expect you to get from Nadi to the island omn your own. Sorry, I am not helping.......d:o/

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 1:38 AM

OK, - I looked, and understand that I know the main island of Viti Levu better than the "outer" islands, but the issue of transfers is clear on their page here. Have you seen it?

plantationisland.com/theisla...

They clearly expect you to get from Nadi to the island omn your own. Sorry, I am not helping.......d:o/

by Rockstar-mama Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I have also found booking the Malolo Cat very difficult for transfers to Plantation island after booking the accomodation with HotelClub but have just booked with Sunlover Holidays very easily. $40 Australian per adult one way. www.sunloverholidays.com.au

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Fiji Travel Answer Locations