Fife

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Dunvegan to Kyle of Lochalsh

Isle of Skye Jul 17, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Hi! I'll be back packing around isle of skye at the end of August. I want to explore some hikes around Portree and Dunvegan. And I'm looking for the cheapest option of getting from dunvegan to kyle of Lochalsh. I'm catching a train from Kyle to glasgow. Any ideas?

more
    • buy lingustine

Crinan Jul 11, 2014 at 6:35 AM

hi all, coming up to visit crinan this monday, would love to buy some fresh lingustine from the pier to take home, can anyone tell me what time the fishing boats land? n also if they will sell to individuals?
      thanks in advance :)

more
    • buss from glasgow

Loch Lomond Jul 8, 2014 at 6:02 AM

wat nimber and were can i get a bus from glasgow to balloch ,staying at the inn keepers lodge

more
    • Transportation around Inverness

Inverness Jun 25, 2014 at 2:33 PM

We want to visit MacBean(MacBain) Memorial Gardens near Inverness. How can we get there?

more
    • Long term furnished accomodation

Scotland Jul 16, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Having a difficult time finding something that would fit our "dreams" (fantasies?). We are a newly retired couple in our 60's with a small dog (10 lbs, well-behaved). We hope to stay in Scotland for 4 months, mid-May to mid-Sept. 2015. Ideally we would like to rent an en-suite room in a home of a mature couple, widow or widower. It needs to be on a bus line as we won't have a car. Ideal locations are Edinburgh, Perth or Ayr. We would like to work on geneology, share stories with our host(s), cook, walk the dog, get to know the neighbors & community, in general, feel the vibe of living in Scotland. And yes, my ancestors left Glasgow & Ayrshire in the late 1800's, so it's about my roots. Would also consider caring for someone's home (we are actually house sitting at present for 14 months, so will arrive with a good recommendation). Also, wouldn't be opposed to helping with some minor indoor repairs, painting, gardening, animal care, shopping, or cooking.

more
    • OBAN Railroad Station

Oban Jun 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM

How far is the Oban Railroad Station from the port where the Crystal Symphony be anchored? How much will a taxi cost? Or is there a bus?
      There is a 2-1/2-Hour bus tour but I need to get to the Railroad Station. Thanks for your help.

more
    • Ferry from oban to liverpool?

Oban Jul 17, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I can't find this route on any of the ferry websites. Is there a ferry from oban to liverpool? Thanks.

more
    • What should I pack

Fort William Jul 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Holidaying in Fort William area at beginning of August, what should I take to wear?

more
    • how to reach isle of skye from edinburgh-waverly station

Isle of Skye Jul 1, 2014 at 3:34 AM

hi, i will be travelling to scotland in the month of july and have already booked the hotel . we are family of 7, we want to visit isle of skye.since the booking of the hotel has already been done so the visit will be a day tour. can u please suggest the best way to reach the place

more

Popular Fife Travel Answer Locations

• car hire

Dunfermline Apr 19, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I am planning to arrive in Dunfermline by train but will need to hire a car to visit the area. What are the options?

2 Answers Apr 20, 2013 at 1:57 AM
    • B&B St Andrews

Saint Andrews Aug 21, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Hello,

I will be traveling to St. Andrews in September. Can anyone recommend a few reasonably priced B&B's we could check out?

Thanks,
      Beth

1 Answer Aug 22, 2010 at 7:45 AM
    • Inverkeithing accommodation

Fife Apr 17, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Anybody been to the Boreland Lodge Hotel in Inverkeithing? I'd like to know if this is a good place to stay for a few nights.

1 Answer Apr 17, 2009 at 3:55 PM
    • maz100's Profile Photo

craigluscar farm

Dunfermline Feb 27, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Is it possible to access this farm and the activities thereat by public transport? Details appreciated

4 Answers Feb 29, 2008 at 7:45 AM
    • TheSingingPostman's Profile Photo

Venturing Out Onto Abertay Sands, Tentsmuir (nr. Tayport/St Andrews)

Fife Nov 22, 2007 at 2:30 AM

I'll be visiting Fife shortly and I'd very much like to go out onto the Abertay Sands that stretch out eastwards at low tide from the northeast corner of Fife by Tentsmuir Forest. Trouble is, I can't find any info about how big a window of opportunity there is between high tides to walk out on the sands and back without getting cut off by the incoming tide (and also I don't know how long after each high tide you have to allow before the sands become accessible).

I phoned the Forest office at Tentsmuir but they were disinclined to feed me any facts, for the simple reason that plenty of jackasses go out onto the sands each year (to see the seals who haul out there) only to get cut off by the incoming tide because they haven't done their homework in advance. The office just doesn't want to give advice, because obviously they don't want to be held accountable if people follow their advice only to have things go wrong.

Does anyone reading this board know about access to the Abertay Sands? Or know anyone living round Tayport/Guardbridge/St Andrews who can feed me the facts?

Many thanks for your help.

5 Answers Nov 27, 2007 at 3:40 AM
    • Indian Restaurants Dunfermline

Dunfermline Oct 5, 2007 at 1:58 PM

Ate once in an indian restaurant in Dunfermline opposite a park, can any member name it, or recommend the best in town,, thank you

1 Answer Oct 5, 2007 at 2:52 PM
    • hopebaldwin's Profile Photo

help with train Edinburgh area

Fife Sep 28, 2007 at 3:43 PM

We will be homebased in Edinburgh for 5 nts(november) and are trying to figure out 2 day trips by train.
      One thought would be: St. Andrews (leuchars) and perhaps beyond?? Would this train go over the Forth Railway Bridge. which I have read should not be missed...? what other city might be reached on this same day?
      Second day trip: how about heading to Stirling returning via Glasgow back to Edinburgh.
      Your thoughts re: time, distances, whats to see etc?? Would like to hop off, a bit of food, drink, shop and then continue on... any suggestions??

5 Answers Oct 14, 2007 at 2:14 AM
    • hours on shopping

Saint Andrews Jul 1, 2007 at 9:00 PM

is all the stores opens on sunday in st andrews? tours etc. open all day sundays? what is closed, open.
      thanks
      Jan

1 Answer Jul 1, 2007 at 11:02 PM
    • Maxiediva's Profile Photo

A place to stay for the Open.

Saint Andrews Jun 19, 2005 at 1:54 AM

Hi everyone,

My friend will be in St. Andrews to catch the Open in July and he needs a place to stay for the night. As a matter of fact, I need to know someone who's from St. Andrews to help me with my golf tour plans. No frills just the thrills. He'll help out any way possible to have a place to shower, change and sleep. And he plays golf (really well too) so there'll be plenty of golf talk. Thanks.

Cheers,
      Maxie

3 Answers Jun 19, 2005 at 9:19 PM
    • JuniperBerry's Profile Photo

Travel to Braco

Fife Apr 15, 2005 at 4:32 AM

Does anyone have any idea on what's the most efficient way to travel from Edinburgh City Centre to Braco, Perthshire? Will taking a taxi be too expensive? Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Apr 26, 2005 at 3:29 PM
    • B&B Near St. Andrews, Scotland

Saint Andrews Jul 20, 2004 at 11:35 AM

Seeking B&B within an hour or so of St. Andrews for 2005 Open. Any recommendations appreciated.

• Any tourist info on Kirkcaldy?

Fife Feb 17, 2004 at 7:57 AM

Thinking of going to see the Fife Flyers if I'm in the area......

1 Answer Apr 25, 2005 at 5:25 AM
    • ringleader's Profile Photo

A group of 13-18 yr. olds visiting St. Andrews?

Saint Andrews Feb 7, 2004 at 12:03 AM

I know St. Andrews is a coastal area, and have heard about famous golfing, and know about the St. Andrews Abbey and Castle. Is there anything for kids in the area? Our handbell choir will be ringing a concert in Kinross at Rachel's House (for terminally ill children), so we're looking within a reasonable distance from there. Originally we were thinking of trying Pitlochry, but think that is a bit too high as they'll be "tasting" the highlands on the day trip to Ft. William.

4 Answers Mar 21, 2004 at 4:31 AM
    • travel to Edinburgh

Dunfermline Apr 18, 2003 at 1:10 PM

What is the best way to travel daily between Dunfermline and Edinburgh during the Fringe Festival in August? Since I would have to make a round trip daily, I am looking for an economical method with reasonable schedule. Thank you.

2 Answers May 26, 2003 at 9:30 AM