Fiesole

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Barga for young children

Barga Apr 15, 2014 at 4:07 AM

We are staying Barga in August 2014 and have 2 gilrs aged 6 and 4. Any tips on activities for children this age would be very welcome. Any swimming pools or parks with play grounds? Also, when is the jazz festival taking place?
      Thank you.

more
    • gdli44's Profile Photo

bicycle rental in Arezzo

Arezzo Apr 13, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I'm not getting email responses from bike rental companies doing business in the Arezzo area. I'd like to make direct contact with a bike shop in Arezzo. Is anyone aware of a shop that rents bicycles in Arezzo? I want to rent bikes for a 5 day September 2014 tour ending up in Siena.

more
    • meisfjord's Profile Photo

Renting a small sailboat for the day

Tuscany Mar 25, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Salve! Does anyone know where we might rent a small sailboat for a day somewhere around the Tuscan coast, ideally Arcipelago Toscano.

more
    • Tennis at Lucca

Lucca Yesterday

How do I find some tennis games around Lucca? I am directed to a tennis club il Poggio in S. Anna, 1 km from Lucca. Who knows how I can find people looking for a game, and whether and how court rental can be arranged? (I shall be in Lucca for the last week of April.)

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

How to go there from Florence.

Cortona Apr 13, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Are there any direct buses from Florence to Cortona? Would it be a long journey between these two places?

more
    • Information

Montevarchi Mar 26, 2014 at 1:51 PM

What time do taxis stop working at in montevarchi?

more
    • I've lost a WONDERFUL Leather shop in San Gimignano!

San Gimignano Mar 23, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Can someone tell me if a shop called Lucia Pelletterie is still in operation? I bought an amazing leather handbag there and want to buy more but I can't find the store on the internet.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
      Jan

more
    • I've lost a WONDERFUL Leather shop in San Gimignano!

San Gimignano Mar 23, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Can someone tell me if a shop called Lucia Pelletterie is still in operation? I bought an amazing leather handbag there and want to buy more but I can't find the store on the internet.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
      Jan

more
    • Mass times at the Duomo?

Siena Apr 17, 2014 at 10:41 AM

We will be there 9/28/2014.

What time is Mass?

more
    • Which is the best way to travel from Florence to San Gimignano and then onto Cortona?

Florence Apr 12, 2014 at 6:24 PM

We would like to take a bus or train from Florence to San Gimignano and then onto Cortona. Any ideas which is the best way to travel to San Gimignano, bus or train? And can we then take a bus to Cortona from San Gimignano? Which city would your recommend we stay at a night or two, San Gimignano or Cortona? We will be traveling with our 3 children all in their 20's, in August of this year and will spend most of our time in Florence.
      Thank you for any advice here!!!

more
    • Size 34 ladies shoes

Florence Apr 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Hi, I am a size 34 in shoes and have a lot of trouble finding shoes to fit. Does anyone know if size 34 is standard in Florence, and if not, does anyone know if there shops that stock smaller sizes. I am looking for sandals, boots and walking shoes.

more
    • buitensorg's Profile Photo

Cheap Car hire from genoa for 10 days?

Tuscany Apr 2, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Hello....am wanting a reasonable car hire....happy to collect anywhere in genoa.....thanks. This will be for October this year.

more
    • Parking for Il Chiostro del Carmine hotel

Siena Mar 31, 2014 at 7:56 AM

The parking area for Il Chiostro del Carmine hotel guests is located on Via Ettore Bastianini. Do you need a special Z.T.L. permit to enter that road?

more
    • Taxi tours on Elba

Isola d' Elba Apr 18, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Is it possible to have a taxi tour from the port around the island?

more
    • AbhinavA's Profile Photo

Day trip to Siena and other Tuscan town(s) using Public Transport from Florence

Tuscany Apr 16, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Hi friends

I will be staying in Florence for 4 nights in the month of May. I plan to sightsee Florence on 2 days and take a day trip to Lucca and Pisa on the 3rd day. On my 4th day I wish to visit Siena and some picturesque countryside which is often associated with Tuscany. Also in the afternoon I would like to do some Wine Tasting at a decent vineyard. I have heard Chianti is the place for wine and is between Florence and Siena. However, I would need to do this using Public transport. Please let me know if this can and should be done using Public transport or should I consider spending more to rent a car with a guide or a guided tour. I do not have any knowledge of any Tuscan town which could be combined with Siena for the above, so I am open to all suggestions.

Thank you
      Abhinav

more
    • transportation from florence to Sansepolcro

Sansepolcro Apr 15, 2014 at 9:10 AM

What is the best way to get from the Florence airport to Sansepolcro

more
    • Train schedules

Arezzo Apr 10, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Hello! I am planning to travel from Rome to Arezzo at the end of June. Is there any direct train? I am looking for the train schedule but they are limited for that date (2-3). Is it just too early? Should I look again later on?

more
    • What to take to Tuscany for a 2 week trip on the last 2 weeks in April

Tuscany Apr 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I will be traveling to visit my daughter in Tuscany the last 2 weeks in April. I will be staying with her but will be going to Cinque Terre for 2 days, Pitigliano for 2 days and some other day trips. I will be doing a lot of walking and some hiking on the trip. I may eat out in some local trattorie but probably not in any fancy ristorante I have been in Tuscany on a few other trips so I will probably not be spending much time in churches .. I like to travel light so I will only be taking a carry on and will probably do my laundry half way through the trip. Any suggestions for what clothes I should take with me?

more
    • thebunster's Profile Photo

Snack chip

Lucca Mar 31, 2014 at 11:16 AM

The last time I was in Lucca a bought a package of triangular shaped chips that tasted like licorice. They were delicious and I ate them all thru Italy. Does anyone know what they are called.

more
    • Coming from Pisa Airport

Viareggio Mar 27, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Besides a train, does anyone know a good way to travel from Pisa Airport to Viareggio Hotel? Is a Taxi efficient? Will taxi's be available at the airport or should I pre-arrange for a car?

more
    • Transportation

Cortona Mar 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Is there convenient public transportation from Arezzo to Cortona on Sundays?

more
    • Florence to Paris with a 1 night stop over in a little village

Florence Mar 23, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hi, My sister and I would like to travel from Florence to Paris on the 16 th May by train with a 1 night stop over in a little village.  It is hard to work out which train to take and where they stop. 

Many thanks.

more
    • Pinger in Italy

Siena Apr 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Does anyone know for sure whether the Pinger phone/texting app is supported in Italy? We live in the US and will soon be in Italy (Rome and Siena) for three weeks. I would like to avoid international charges on my iphone. But I can't seem to find a website that tells me if Italy has Pinger. The app is free and it looks like you can call and text to the US from many countries free of charge with WiFi. But I can't find a way to know if Italy is one of those countries. Thanks for any help you can give!

more
    • Train Schedule Gap

Piombino Apr 7, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Why do no trains seem to leave Piambino for Pisa between 10 am and 3 pm?

more
    • livorno to lucca from cruise port

Livorno Apr 6, 2014 at 10:22 AM

How to get to and from lucca from livorno cruise port via, train ,taxi ,car rental

more
    • gguernica's Profile Photo

ATTENTION PLEASE!!!!!

by gguernica Online Now Apr 21, 2004 at 7:29 AM

Will anyone be in fiesole in the period from 29 april to 2 may?? We can meet up! GU

• wedding in fiesole

by kath31 Online Now Apr 14, 2004 at 3:13 PM

We are planning on getting married in the Florence region, hopefully Fiesole if we can find a beautiful catholic church! Does anyone know of such a church?

3 Answers Apr 16, 2004 at 9:37 AM
    • Fiesole -- have you been there?

by santaelena99 Online Now Aug 29, 2003 at 11:14 AM

Hi - I'd be grateful for advice/info from anyone who has stayed in Fiesole. We (Australian & American) are getting married in Feb 2004 in Florence and plan to stay in Fiesole, preferably in a villa. But we're having trouble finding much information on the place or any villas there. If you've been there or know where to get good info, can you please give me some hints? thanks !

10 Answers Apr 16, 2004 at 10:27 AM