Fethiye Travel Answers

change location

Fethiye blue cruise with family- recommend operator?

by Momplanner Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Hi, We are an American family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids, ages 9 and 4) traveling to Turkey in early June. After Istanbul and Cappadocia, we're taking an overnight bus south (probably to Fethiye), to explore the coast, hopefully on a 3 night blue cruise, traveling east to west, as our next destination is Pamukkale. Can anyone recommend a good boating company for us? We decided against the Olympos-Fethiye route because we heard it was more popular with younger, party-ing crowds and we're looking for a more relaxing cruise. Since there's just the 4 of us, I imagine it's too expensive to charter our own boat and would need a cabin charter, unless there are smaller boats that might work for us? Many thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Fethiye blue cruise with family- recommend operator?

by infinitys Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 11:25 PM

hello,

you may keep in touch with the following agencies for your planned trip;

www.etstur.com
    www.jollytur.com
    www.setur.com.tr

you can also have a look at the following website for the diffent boating tour opportunities around Fethiye region;

www.bookinturkey.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Re: Fethiye blue cruise with family- recommend operator?

by Jawnuta Online Now Mar 19, 2010 at 9:15 AM

http://www.yildirimguesthouse.com
    info@yildirimguesthouse.com

This guy is one of the oldest travel agents in Turkey. He speaks perfect english. We were staying in his pension last summer. He is located in Fethiye (has small pension).
    I would contact him for information about prices of cruises as he is not really "pushy" person.
    We were very happy dealing with him.

When we were in Fethiye there were many boats and not too many costumers therefore I am guessing with the good travel agent you can negotiate price really well.

If you are looking for a great beach town close to Fethiye I recommend PATARA.
    THere is no Patara page on Virtualtourist so I put few tips on Fetiye page for Patara.
    It was by far the nicest beach and nicest town far away from drunken teenagers in Olu Deniz.
    Look at my Turkey page for photos and tips from our last year trip to Turkey.

• Re: Fethiye blue cruise with family- recommend operator?

by Momplanner Online Now Mar 19, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Thank you both very much for the replies so far. I have emailed the owner of Yildiri guest house.
    Best,

Laura :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines