David beach ?

Mohammedia Mar 28, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Do you this beach in Mohammedia, Casablanc in Marrocos ? Is a good one

more
    • mvp2ny's Profile Photo

Casablanca

Wilaya de Casablanca Apr 18, 2014 at 4:31 AM

Hello all,

Transiting through CMN. Is there a transit lounge. I heard RAM provied hotel/transport/food. They failed to mention any of that during the reservation process. Will be returning to stay 2 nights on the journey home. Will again be staying at "Le Royal Mansour".  Now that I have more time, how's the nightlife in that area.  Thanks.

more
    • CarolinaMoens's Profile Photo

Is there a ferry from the Canary Islands to Morocco?

Marrakesh Apr 8, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Hi! I will be this August in the Canary Islands and I would love to visit Morocco. I was wondering if there is any farry that would take my there but my online research hasn't been positive. does the ferries from the Canary Islands still exist? Thanks! :)

more
    • Safety for tourist

Tangier Mar 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Is Tangier safe for a U S citizen to walk around in?

more
    • Prices in Agadir

Agadir Apr 17, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Hi, thinking of self catering in Agadir, have no idea of prices EG: beer, wine, spirits in bars and supermarkets also would like a general idea of prices of meals in restaurants and general food items - bread, eggs, milk etc in supermarkets, if anyone can help I would be most grateful

Thanks

more
    • Places not to miss on 4-5 day trip?

Morocco Apr 12, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Hello! I will be visiting Morocco with a friend for 4-5 days this June - just looking for some recommendations on places not to miss! We were planning on spending 2 days each in Casablanca and Marrakech, but looking through these posts it seems like Essaouira and Merzouga are highly recommended! Is it feasible to do all 4 places in 4-5 days? Account travel between and whatnot... Also as a first time visitor to Morocco, are hotels recommended or are there cheaper options like inns or hostels or apartments? Safety also a concern.. Thanks in advance!

more
    • Trip of 2-3 days

Essaouira Mar 26, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Hello! Me again I forgot to ask, is there a specific day(s) during the week I should go to Essaouira?
      Meaning that somtimes in some destinaton there is specific days of the week that the Souk are open, or something like that. The reason why I'm saying this is when I wanted to go to Agadir I read that the Souk was on thursday only???

more
    • Move to Casablanca

Casablanca 17 hours ago

I am a young Irish gay guy offered a good job in Casablanca managing a salon. I do not know anything about culture here so am having second thought because of stories I'm being told , any advice personal experiences or tips would realy be appreciated

more
    • Tour of Morrocco

Morocco Apr 10, 2014 at 12:48 AM

we are going to Morocco in late September for 2 weeks in a camper van arriving and leaving by ferry from Spain ,would like to know which are the best sites to see ,
      can someone suggest a route to take ,feel free to cut and paste from an earlier message .
      Is any one else going around the same time ?

more
    • Advice regarding travel from Agadir airport to Essaouira

Agadir Apr 2, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Hi everyone, We are arriving around 18.00 pm in Agadir in two weeks and we would like to figure out if it is worth staying there ( although from the threads I have read it seems that everyone suggests that it is better not to spend too much time there) or we should head to Essaouira straight away. If we leave, can we take a taxi from the airport or should we go somewhere else first to take a taxi from there? What are the chances that we can find a shared taxi and how much does it cost these days? Many thanks for your answers in advance.

more
    • Ouazazate to Chefchouen

Ouarzazate Apr 9, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I want to go by bus from Ouarzazate to Chefchouen via Merzouga. What are my options? If I wanted to stop off one night in one of the towns would there be another bus the next day to carry on my trip to Chefchoen?

more
    • nania's Profile Photo

One week tour

Morocco Mar 29, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Hello everyone! I am planning to do a small tour of the country in June with my boyfriend. We are coming from Portugal, going to travel by car, and we have available 8 days. I would like to pass one night in the desert, but i would need some recommendations about which cities we shouldn't miss, and which are the best places to go. We are planning to go down south to Marrakesh but we don't know if it is worth-ed to go even further.
      Please help me with this questions! Thanks a lot!

more
    • Agadir for the first time!

Agadir Mar 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Good day!
      I need help! Im soooo confuse now, I will be in Marrakech mid April for the first time,first I decided to go by train to Cassablanca for 2 days then people are saying it too commercial.. That i should go to Agadir instead? Now im looking at the hotel in Agadir and it looks like all "resort" but I want to visit, see things,... Not be on a beach!!
      Please help!
      where should i go between Agadir or Cassablanca?
      And any ideas on nice hotels???
      Thanks
      A lost canadian girl!

more
    • Dan30's Profile Photo

How come in Morocco you not exchange Australia Dollars

Morocco Apr 6, 2014 at 8:14 AM

As morocco gets more and more International tourist and new agreements with EMIRATES & Qantas you will be get lot more tourist coming from Australia. The question I pose VT members why can not exchange Australia Dollars in Morocco?

Your feed back in this question will be helpful

more
    • Rif mountains - worth a journey?

Morocco Apr 6, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Hello everybody, my plan is to travel through north Morocco for two weeks in september starting from Tanger. I've heard about the Rif region and now my question is if anybody has any experience reports: Which town to visit? Special regions? How much time should I plan for this? What is the best way to get there? For recommendations concerning guesthouses or so I'd be also thankful! Looking forward to your answers and thanks in advance, Lena

more

Near Fes

• Karlie85's Profile Photo

Celebrating a special birthday

by Karlie85 Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 11:20 AM

My husband and I will be in Fes from February 1-4, and are celebrating his 30th birthday on February 2!

This will be close to the beginning of our time in Morocco and we have never been there before. We will be in Morocco for two weeks total, including Marrakech, Sahara Desert overnight, and Chefchaouen.

I'd like to do something special on his birthday, but I have no idea where to start looking! A nice restaurant, a nice viewpoint, perhaps. But is there anything unique we can do? (I know there is, but don't know what!)

Thank you in advance for your help.

11 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 4:18 AM
    • evening show in fez

by longlife Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM

can anyone tell me of any evening shows for a family party in fez. age range from 22 to 70 maybe in a hotel

4 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    • tour from Fes to Erg Chebbi (camel ride, overnight in tent) ends in Marrakesh?

by explorer4ever Online Now Nov 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Hello,

I am traveling solo in early Dec, female. I hope to join a group tour (not a private tour) for the Sahara visit including riding camel and an overnight in the tent by a sand dune.

However, from my research, seems all the 3day-2night tours are starting from Marrakesh ending in Marrakesh, or Rissani.

Are there any reliable group tours (not private tour) going reversely, i.e. leaving Fes, ending in Marrakesh?

Otherwise, I'll have to go to Marrakesh first to join the tour? I fly in Casablanca, fly out Marrakesh therefore it'll be most efficient to travel from Casa clockwise ending in Marrakesh, instead of going back and forth Marrakesh.

Thank you!

16 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    • Food Shopping for Self Catering.

by treehug7 Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Hubby and I have rented a small house in Fez in 2 weeks. We will have a manager to do our shopping ( we may tag along for the experience ). We want to do some cooking, tagine or using whatever pots they supply..... What meats, beans and vegies are available in late September?
      Also, my husband has diabetes 2 so bread and jam for breakfast is not the best ! What fruits could we buy and do they sell plain yoghurt there and where? Any help appreciated.

3 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 1:47 AM
    • HOW TO - Algeciras - Fes

by rastarabz Online Now Jun 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Hello kind people!

I'm travelling with my mom to Spain and Marocco in a week and I wondering which is the easiest way to get from Algecias, Spain to Fes, Marocco. Looking for a combination of public transport, like ferry, bus or train.

Thanks!

4 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM
    • Going from Fes to Marrakech on 24th April for 3 days! Anyone to join?

by mugesuer Online Now Apr 5, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Hi there,

My friend and I are planning to take a tour on 24th of April from Fes to Marrakech. Tour will take 3 days, we will pass trough Merzouga and Ouarzazate. We will spend a night in the desert! You may find the details in the bouaouina tours.

If you join, the price will decrease!!!

If you are interested, please contact us!!!

Muge

1 Answer Apr 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    • sue.thomson's Profile Photo

How much time?

by sue.thomson Online Now Apr 5, 2012 at 6:55 AM

We are being picked up by a tour company in Tangier and taken to Fez, where we will spend the night. Can you tell me how long it takes to do the trip from Tangir to Fes by road? And should we then spend an extra day in Fes?

2 Answers Apr 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM
    • DAILY OPENINGS

by losham Online Now Mar 20, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Hello VTers,

Are the tanneries open every day? And are all the souks open?

I had read somewhere that in Seffarine Sq. some workshops are closed Fri and Sun. I hope not - Sunday is a free day from the tour we are on and I expect to spend time in the that area.

Thanks for any info.

Losham

2 Answers Apr 3, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    • LOCAL BUSES

by losham Online Now Mar 13, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know a site where they show Fes local bus routes to get to the Medina from the Ville Nouvelle. Ex: routes for bus # 9 10 12.

Thanks,

Losham

1 Answer Apr 3, 2012 at 7:50 AM
    • LEATHER SOUK

by losham Online Now Feb 25, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Hi,

Has anyone a leather souk/shop to recommend where I can buy a backpack or bags. I'm not interested in slippers or shoes. Also where is the best place to see the leather dying?

Thanks.

Losham

8 Answers Feb 29, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    • Fes Restaurant

by losham Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Hi VTers

Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant that has traditional food and perhaps music? The group we will be traveling with offers an "optional dinner" at AL FASSIA. I had read that restaurant is very touristy especially with their show and we are looking for a nice place for a birthday celebration dinner.

Thanks.

Losham

3 Answers Apr 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    • shaziafarooq's Profile Photo

Fes to Casablanca

by shaziafarooq Online Now Sep 11, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Fez to Casablanca by train
      Posted: Sun September 11, 2011 10:39 PM BST
      Hi

I will be staying in Fez from 22nd September to the 25th with my husband. I am planning day trip to Casablanca and visit the hassan mosque.

1) Can someone advise how long the trin journey is from Fez to Casablanca?
      2) How much it would cost?
      3) How frequent are the trains?
      4) What would be the best way to get to the mosque once I arrive in Casablanca

Thanks in advance

3 Answers Sep 19, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    • lium's Profile Photo

Pills for Malaria

by lium Online Now Aug 29, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Hello, I'm not decisive whether or not to take the medicine for Malaria. I tend not to take it since I will only be in Mali for two weeks at the most. Anybody knows what is the risk I'm taking. Is there a lot of masquitos or I can get away with it by wearing long sleevs and using repellent and masquito net at night? Thank you!

10 Answers Aug 30, 2011 at 8:26 AM
    • stevemt's Profile Photo

Fes to Seville transport.

by stevemt Online Now Jun 5, 2011 at 7:45 PM

How is this easily done, By ferry via Tangier?

Any suggestion/help appreciated

Thanks in advance

STEVE

3 Answers Jun 13, 2011 at 4:08 AM
    • Top 10 Things to do and Places to visit in Fes, Morocco

by Ipaq1 Online Now May 22, 2011 at 4:11 AM

I'm going on holiday to Fes,Morocco for a couple of days. Can someone please tell me the top 10 things I should do and visit while I am out there?

5 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    • karamella's Profile Photo

with or without guide?

by karamella Online Now Jan 18, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Dear VT Friends.

The organisation of our Morrocco trip is comign to the end. But, I still have two questions.

Some people say that it is strongly recommended to have a guide in Fes, otherwise we wil be lost. Others say , if i follow the signs there won"t be any problem.
      Usually I do not like organised trips, prefer to be independent, but in this case I really do not know what would be the best. Any experiences?
      IF the guide is really necessary, how much shoul I pay for it?

Another question, we are going to make an excursion to Erg Chebbi.
      I think, we will not spend the night in the desert, don't have enough time...
      If we make a visit during the day, how much time we need? Half day, one day?
      Approximate price? I know there are different agenies organising trips there, even the hotel where I stay, but I don't know what is the reasonable price for two?

Thank you/Judit

9 Answers Jan 30, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    • marktynernyc's Profile Photo

Beirut & Damascus or Marrakech & Fes

by marktynernyc Online Now Dec 17, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Any opinions? I've visited Marrakech a few years ago (was in Granda this past fall) and am very interested in going back to Morocco however Beirut and Damascus have gotten under my skin and are very unfamiliar thus alluring. Damascus is said to be the oldest city in the world. Beirut was (possibly still is?) the Paris of the East - and I hear the food in Lebanon is amazing. Beirut and Damascus for me is so far off the map which makes it very attractive while Morocco is a bit more familiar and is an incredible country. Help!

9 Answers Dec 18, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    • local guide in Fes

by Cecilia68 Online Now Dec 7, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Hi
      I will be in FEZ with a friend the 19 December and we would like to go around town with a guide, any suggestions? Someone you know that do this job as a travel guide? Any other suggestions about riad, where to sleep are welcome!
      Thank you very much
      Cecilia

2 Answers Dec 7, 2010 at 1:23 AM
    • Trekking

by JANEVANS Online Now Oct 10, 2010 at 2:40 PM

We are staying in Fes for 5 days then trekking through Oum er Rbia and Aguelmane Azigza near Khenifra and wondered if anyone out there had camped at either of these places.

Any information on places to camp / shop for basics and local transportation in these areas would be much appreciated.

• Restaurants in Fes

by mooz110 Online Now Sep 20, 2010 at 7:16 AM

Can you reccomend some nice and clean restaurants in Fes,could be in the medina or the new town also.
      I appreciate your assistance.

1 Answer Sep 20, 2010 at 5:30 PM
    • Deneen1's Profile Photo

Pronunciation of Bab Boujloud?

by Deneen1 Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 5:32 AM

I could use some help with how to pronounce Bab Boujloud.
      Is the "j" pronounced? Is "loud" like loud in English or would it be more like "lood"? Is the "a" in Bab like the "a" in bad? And both of the "b"s are pronounced in Bab?
      I may end up arriving in Fes late and will be coming from the train station, I would like to know how to pronounce the word if I need to tell a taxi driver or ask for directions.
      Thanks for any help!!!!

20 Answers Sep 22, 2010 at 2:10 AM
    • prices in Fes restaurants

by perros Online Now Aug 31, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Is a 600 DH per 3 ppl dinner a lot ?
      Our riad owner asked as if we would like to eat within his riad, but we have to 'prebook' dinner...
      and the price is 600 DH or 60 Eur for 3 of us,
      anyway it seems a bit pricey for us, considering the places around with great reviews have twice smaller prices..

any thoughts ?

18 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    • eric_canuck's Profile Photo

Good value accomodation in Fes

by eric_canuck Online Now Aug 10, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Hi,

My girlfriend and I will be traveling to Morocco at the end of August. We have plenty of experience backpacking through Europe and never had issues finding good value accommodation upon arrival or a few days early online. However, we get the impression it might be an issue in Morocco in general and especially Fes. Should we be worried? Can you get a better deal negotiating for accommodation in person or will we find ourselves in sleeping in the street and getting mugged?

We would consider the Fez Hi-Hostel but curfew in 10pm. We're not intending to be out all night but we do want to feel the nightlife, which I am sure goes way past 10pm, especially during Ramadan.

any advice? is our best option a Riad in the 500dh range?

any advice on accommodation for Fes and/or the rest of Morocco would be extremely useful.

Thank you.
      Eric

5 Answers Aug 11, 2010 at 1:15 PM
    • Sophie1980's Profile Photo

Changing currency at Fes Saiss airport

by Sophie1980 Online Now Jul 17, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Hello. I'm traveling to Fes on July 20th (this coming Tuesday). Can anyone tell me what time the currency exchange (bmce) closes at Fes Saiss airport? My flight gets in at 7pm from Stansted and obviously I won't have any dirhams with me (will have pounds as I likely won't be using my debit card). Any info. would be very helpful as I don't think that Stansted will change pounds-dirhams. Thanks again, Sophie p.s really appreciated the sound hotel advice a couple of weeks ago!

13 Answers Aug 29, 2010 at 4:31 AM
    • Deneen1's Profile Photo

Hotel, Guest House, Hostel, or Riad in Fes

by Deneen1 Online Now Jun 18, 2010 at 9:00 AM

HI Everyone,
      I'm hoping to come back to Morocco 18 Sept to 2 Oct this year. Didn't make it to Fes last year and would really like to go there and spend at least 4-5 days taking in the sites.
      I need suggestions for places to stay - at this point I'll be travelling alone, single female, mid-forties.
      I would like to get a room ensuite, not in a dorm.
      Preferably around 200 dirham or less.

I'm looking on suggestions for Fes el Bali or a short taxi ride away that would be safe for a solo traveller.
      Got some great suggestions here last year, but at that time I was travelling with friends and not alone.

Thanks for any input!
      ~Deneen

3 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    • Temporary living in Fes

by nwkate Online Now Apr 20, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Can you give me a rough estimate of what it would cost for a single person to live in Fes? I know, what kind of lifestyle? How about "as inexpensive as possible while still being safe and able to enjoy life there". This would be for a young man interested in history and culture, not the "typical" American tourist. And possible staying as long as 3 - 6 months (or more!)

Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 28, 2010 at 5:03 PM
    • train

by JSCOTT2 Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 2:43 PM

how do you book a train ticket from Fez to Casablanca?

2 Answers Apr 19, 2010 at 3:23 PM
    • Looking for partner to share accomodation during Fes Sacred Music Festival

by theruthi Online Now Apr 6, 2010 at 9:13 AM

I will be travelling to the Sacred Music Festival in June (4th-12th) on my own, and am looking for a partner to share accommodation. It seems that it is very difficult to find a single room, and taking a double room alone really ups the costs. I am looking for reasonably priced accommodation, but don't want to stay in a total dive.

Any advice is also appreciated.

Thanks

2 Answers Apr 6, 2010 at 11:14 PM
    • Where to stay in Fez

by bigsmac Online Now Feb 27, 2010 at 9:18 AM

I will be traveling to Fez alone, but it seems like every hostel I try to book only accompanies groups of 2 or more, and I would have to pay for both beds in the room even if it was just me staying there. Does anyone know if there are any hostels that do shared rooms? Thank you.

2 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 3:34 AM
    • Fez

by Bobbyjoel Online Now Feb 4, 2010 at 7:38 AM

what are some exciting things to do in Fez morocco I am planning a trip there this fall with some of my students.

7 Answers Feb 12, 2010 at 11:42 PM