Fes Travel Answers

change location

From montpellier, france to fes, morocco

by ZeldaFitzgerald Online Now Jan 31, 2005 at 4:27 AM

Hi! I have enjoyed reading the various questions and responses throughout these past months... Now, I have a question that perhaps one could answer. I reside curently in Montpellier, France (on the Mediterranean)... I have a fifteen day vacation coming up soon... And I need to go to Fes. I would like to spend most of those fifteen days in Fes... Not, traveling to and from. (Flying is not an option at this point in my life) I have found a ferry from Sete to Tanger... However, it will be a total of 36 hours. Once I arrive in Tanger, I will take a very inexpensive train to Fes. It is a five hour train... But this, I can live with. Money is sort of an issue as well... The trains from France to Spain are ungodly in their pricing. Does anyone have any advice?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: From montpellier, france to fes, morocco

by angiebabe Online Now Jan 31, 2005 at 4:22 PM

try looking up www.ryanair.com as i think they have a flight near there down to barcelona or further which might be some help or also www.atlas-blue.com which also do one way flights from various places. 36 hours on a ferry to sete sounds a terribly long time. there is a lot of things one can do and see in and around the surrounds of fes but its a long time in fes. if you do end up going to tangier to get to fes i would recommend you go via bus to tetouan and chefchouen and then bus to fes. not just that nice scenery along the way but chefchouen is such an excellent place to visit for at least a night or two. tetouan has an interesting old but thriving/busy medina and excellent archeology museum. interesting for a few hours in between buses from tangier and on to chefchouen. there is baggage storage/minding at tetouan bus station. also from one hour from tangier is lovely asilah which is worth a visit and there are occasional buses from there that go to tetouan or otherwise its just an hour back to tangier and then on to tetouan.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: From montpellier, france to fes, morocco

by abderrahmane Online Now Jan 15, 2007 at 9:11 PM

hello

if you accept to stay with me in my huge house ,of course with my family , we will respect you , i live in casablanca ,do you mean you need a place to live in till fiften day finish? so welcome to my house if you mean , fidel_abdel@hotmail.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines