change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Federated States of Micronesia Travel Answer Locations

• I want to study Yapese dance when I visit

Federated States of Micronesia Oct 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Any pointers? Who can I contact to set up a visit for a research project?

Please answer to alvarenn@whitman.edu

• adelinemmc's Profile Photo

Truk Chuuk liveaboards

State of Chuuk Jul 19, 2013 at 2:53 AM

I'm starting to plan a trip there, possibly combined with Palau on way back.
      There seems to be 2 well established liveaboards: The Odissey and Thornfinn, with a recent upmarket joiner in the Siren fleet.
      Any comments about diving operations and variety of wrecks visited on any of those 3 liveaboards?

Thanks and regards
      A

• FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

snorkelling in Yap

State of Yap Feb 19, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Hi

I can not dive, but I can snorkel.
      Is it worth to go to Yap to snorkel?
      Can I still see a wreck somewhere snorkelling?

Thanks

Tobias

2 Answers Feb 20, 2010 at 12:03 AM
    • What to visit in Fderated States of Micronesia

Federated States of Micronesia Nov 21, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Hello,

I plan to visit Federtaed States of Micronesia and as I'd fly from Hawaii towards Guam with Continental Micronesia I'd be able to visit all the states conveniently (Yap, Pohnpei, Chuuk, Kosrae). However, due to lack of time I'd like to choose only 2 or 3 islands to visit (so, I wouldn't visit all the states, I need to choose).

Which islands would you recommend? I'd like a mix of nature, pre-colonial history, local culture, world war 2 relics, and other interetsing things. But I don't dive.

1 Answer Nov 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM
    • sahel578's Profile Photo

Jabs In the South Pacific

Federated States of Micronesia Mar 13, 2008 at 1:00 PM

Heading on a dream dive trip in July to Palau possibly Yap and Truk. Are there any jabs that might be recommended besides the basic tetnus and hep A?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2008 at 12:30 AM
    • Mateosh's Profile Photo

How do I get from Yap to the outer Yap Islands(Woleai Island)?

Federated States of Micronesia Jan 9, 2008 at 12:06 AM

Are there flights boats to the outer more traditional islands? I have 3 full days and I would like to arrange a flight to visit the above island. Please let me know if you have any info.
      Thanks

2 Answers Feb 25, 2008 at 9:56 PM
    • chris1275's Profile Photo

Hotels in Yap

Federated States of Micronesia Jun 24, 2007 at 2:21 PM

Does anyone know of any good hotels in Yap?
      Thanks

Chris

2 Answers Jul 9, 2007 at 2:16 PM
    • Grueslayer's Profile Photo

Weather in July

State of Yap Jun 14, 2006 at 2:32 AM

A stupid question, but quick internet research didn't bring up any results: What's the Yap weather like in July? I got the chance to go there and would like to know some basic facts about teamperature and rain. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Nov 26, 2006 at 7:49 PM
    • getting there

Federated States of Micronesia Nov 20, 2005 at 7:19 AM

Hello everybody,

I am from Eastern Europe and probably will be moving to Pohnpei soon. I am curious, scared..and everything else. Can you give me some informations pretty much about everything there? For example - how is it with renting a place, what are the people like, what are the traditions, is there any danger, how is it for little children???......

1 Answer Jul 2, 2007 at 6:23 PM
    • DyvingLuvly's Profile Photo

Where is the best Resort in Truk Lagoon

State of Chuuk Mar 17, 2005 at 8:27 PM

My trip to Truk is scheduled for July 3 - 8, 2005. Our group is doing a pre-trip to Palau June 28 - July 3, 2005. When we arrive in Truk, everyone else is goin the the liveaboard the Odyssey. I am staying on land. What is the best hotel/resort to stay in? I made reservations at the "Truk Stop Hotel" but found out that it is not really a nice place to stay. Sort of in a rough neighborhood. What about the Island Motel, Christopher Inn or the Blue Lagoon Resort.

• Lodging

Pohnpei Nov 13, 2004 at 10:58 PM

Plan to be in Pohnpei in Feb. 2005. How difficult is it to find lodging at moderate price? Thank you, Bill

• accomodations on Kosrae and other islands of FSM

State of Kosrae Nov 13, 2004 at 10:53 PM

My wife and I will be traveling to Micronesia this winter, 2005. We were in Kosrae in 1967-69 as Peace Corps volunteers. We have not been to Kosrae since a short visit in 1979 and I am sure much has changed since then. A jet port was unimaginable back then. We are looking for decent but moderate cost lodging while there but may be able to stay with old friends part of the time when we get there. My question is: How difficult is it to find available lodging and how far in advance do we need to reserve? Is it usually crowded in February? What hotels are recommended? Also, what activities and sites do you recommend. We will be in Kosrae for 2 weeks and will also spend a few days in Palau, Yap, and Pohnpei, so any tips on those islands would be appreciated as well. Thank you, Bill

3 Answers Dec 17, 2005 at 3:58 PM
    • Looking for my father, Robert Falagoy

State of Yap Sep 18, 2004 at 6:11 PM

Hello, my name is Jacqueline Vadala, I'm 22 years old and live in New York. I've been trying to locate my father via the internet for a long time - he's from Yap. I've heard that the islands of Micronesia are very small and "everybody knows everybody." I'm trying to contact anyone with any information whatsoever. I'd really appreciate any help at all. I'm looking for Robert Falagoy, or anyone in his family. I am his daughter and he does not know of my existance. I know he used to be a fisherman, and was studying bricklaying, and he's about 42-44 years old. I know this is a long-shot, but if you give me any information that could lead me to him, there is a reward. I've been looking him for years... thanks for listening! Sincerely, Jacqueline Vadala PS: below is my contact information email: jackievadala@yahoo.com Phone: 516.870.4377

29 Answers Mar 12, 2008 at 2:41 PM
    • nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Yap

State of Yap Aug 25, 2003 at 11:30 AM

Has somebody ever been there???

1 Answer Jun 11, 2007 at 1:27 PM
    • Jerry.N's Profile Photo

How to get to Yap island ?

State of Yap Jul 25, 2003 at 6:45 AM

May I ask ? How to get the cheapest (best:-) way to Yap island ? From Europe to Manila or other side to Hawaii and then Yap ? By Air or Ships ? How much cost the ticket from Manila or Hawaii ? I'll be hapy for any information. Thanx lot. Jerry

5 Answers Jun 19, 2004 at 5:58 PM