Federated States of Micronesia Travel Answers

change location
Mateosh's Profile Photo

How do I get from Yap to the outer Yap Islands(Woleai Island)?

by Mateosh Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 12:06 AM

Are there flights boats to the outer more traditional islands? I have 3 full days and I would like to arrange a flight to visit the above island. Please let me know if you have any info.
Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: How do I get from Yap to the outer Yap Islands(Woleai Island)?

by ryanger Online Now Feb 25, 2008 at 9:20 PM

Hi there, my name is Romanis Yangerliut and I can assist you get to Woleai. I am actually from Falalop Woleai and I am working at the Council of Tamol (COT)who are overseeing the activities in the outer islands of Yap State. I arrange for host families and issue out visiting permits to visitors to the Neighboring Islands.

There is a small plane that flies out to Woleai only if there is passengers. The vessel that goes to the islands is now facing engine problem and I don't know when are they going to fix it. Please let me know what information you need to find out and I will assist you. Thank you and I am looking forward to hear from you soon, take good care.

Romanis Yangerliut

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mateosh's Profile Photo

Re: How do I get from Yap to the outer Yap Islands(Woleai Island)?

by Mateosh Online Now Feb 25, 2008 at 9:56 PM

This sounds great. I dont have a lot of time, but the dates I have available are from May 15 to May 17th 2008 to visit the islnad. I would love to arrange a homestay. The problem is I am travelling alone. How much is the flight?

Thanks,
    Matt

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Federated States of Micronesia Travel Answer Locations