Fayetteville Travel Answers

change location

Any ideas on how I can fill my days?

by Faithwillow Online Now Apr 27, 2004 at 7:27 AM

Calling all North Carolinians Hey Everyone I was wondering is anyone has any ideas of how I can use a few days in Fayetteville, NC. I'm coming over from Scotland to visit one of your good ol' American boys and I have a few days to fill before he gets leave from the Army. I know there are Art Galleries and the Fort Bragg museums are a must. But I would really like to see some of the REAL North Carolina. Any ideas? Thanks Faithwillow

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • pedersdottir's Profile Photo

Re: Any ideas on how I can fill my days?

by pedersdottir Online Now Apr 28, 2004 at 10:09 PM

Rent a car and drive out into the countryside. Or hop on the bus and ride around town. Look for the closest 'fried chicken shack', order a meal and breath in the local color.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Any ideas on how I can fill my days?

by MandaJ320 Online Now Apr 29, 2004 at 9:52 AM

Just to let you know, there's not an awful lot to see around Fayetteville. I live about an hour and a half north of there, and it's very boring and spread out. Charlotte, NC is only a few hours west from Fayetteville, if you'd like to go there. Raleigh is also only a few hours away. Both cities are very large and somewhat interesting. If you want to take a day trip, you can go to the outer banks. It's a few hours east from where you'll be, but I hear it's well worth it. There are a lot of different beaches to choose from. My personal favorite trip is the mountains of North Carolina. It would probably be a 5 hour drive west for you if you're interested, but that is what I would call the "real North Carolina." There are a lot of things to see there, and the best thing to do is drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway, because most things are located off of that. It is very beautiful.

• Re: Re: Any ideas on how I can fill my days?

by Faithwillow Online Now May 3, 2004 at 3:47 AM

Thanks for your ideas. To be honest I completely forgot about the whole "fried chicken thing" now that's a great way to speand a day. I'm sure I can get lost for a few hours and find somewhere interesting to have lunch - as long as I can finf my way home again that is!! Thank again

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines