Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Faroe Islands Travel Answer Locations

• Tour 7 people Faroe Islands

Tórshavn Mar 11, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Good afternoon,

First, I want to apologize for my bad English. We are a Spanish group of 7 people, July 30 we will be us in the Faroe Islands for a few hours. We want to take a tour and we look transportation.

We arrived at Torshavn on July 30 at 8 am, we assume that about 8.30 we could start the tour, we would go to Nordradalur, Kollafjørður, Saksun and especially go to Vágar to pass Sandavágur, get to lake Sørvagsvatn, Bøsdalafossur and Gasadalur. Then we need some time to visit and Tinganes Tórshavn, the tour should end in the capital at 3:30 pm. making a total of 7 hours.

Do you can offer this service or to report a contact?

Yours sincerely

Elena

8 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • looking for wool shop called IGLOO

Tórshavn Nov 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I was there earlier this year and need two more balls of her lovely wool but have not her address the shop is called Igloo - have you her email please

2 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Organized day trips

Faroe Islands Nov 8, 2013 at 5:16 AM

I am considering a trip from Oslo to Bergen to see Flåm and the beautiful sceneries from the train next summer. While already being in Bergen I am also considering flying to Faroe Islands. Atlantic Airways operates a non-stop line between Bergen and Torshavn Thursdays arriving at 8.15 p.m. and leaving Sundays at 7.35 p.m.

1. We do not want to rent a car, but we would like to see the most beautiful parts of Faroe Island. Is it possible to join organized tours/daytrips to the islands highlights? Is staying in Torshavn and doing daytrips to recommend?

2. What are the highlights for beautiful nature and sceneries? My 75 year old mother will travel with me so long hiking is not an option but walks to reach viewpoints etc wearing sneakers (no mountain boots) are ok. Bird watching is not a must, but of course birds are ok if it is part of a beautiful view. I have read other threads as well as the tips here on VT.

3. Is Three days to short? It is only these non-stop flights mentioned in the text above which is an option for us. Ten days is not an option, so it is three days or skip it.

Thanks from Lena

2 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM
    • How much money would I need for a week in the Faroe Isalnds (Monday-Friday)?

Faroe Islands Sep 7, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Hello,

I am planning to do go on a trip to the Faroe Islands next June. As I have never been before I don't know how much spending money I would need. How much money would I need for a week in the Faroe Isalnds (Monday-Friday)

1 Answer Oct 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    • work

Faroe Islands Jun 28, 2013 at 6:15 AM

can I work in Faroe Island if I have swedish citizenship?

6 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM
    • Torshavn, Faroe Islands

Tórshavn May 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Hi, We're arriving in the port of Torshavn and we are staying there one day. Can we book a land trip in the port or it's better to buy a guided tour on the ship?

• Airport From Canada/US?

Faroe Islands Dec 21, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Hi, What is the best route if leaving from Canada/US? To get to the islands? What would be a comfortable amount to save if staying for about two weeks?

We would want to get a work visa if it works out :D

3 Answers Dec 21, 2011 at 11:07 PM
    • seaouk's Profile Photo

Best boat trips in the Faroe islands

Faroe Islands Aug 3, 2011 at 6:56 AM

We will be going to faroes for a week as stated in a previous post, butone of the main thigns i am looking forward to is baot trips to see the brid cliffs and caves, but i am unsur eof what are the a: the best trips to do and b: who are the best companies to go with.

Any help would be great, thanks

2 Answers Aug 4, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    • seaouk's Profile Photo

A week in the Faroe Islands

Faroe Islands Jun 23, 2011 at 5:02 AM

Hi
      We are spending a week in the Faroe Islands in late August and was wondering if I could have some suggestions on what I must squeeze in, in that time. We are hiring a car so we can travel anywhere. There is so much to see and do I just want to make sure that I include the best bits. We are staying in Kvivik and this will be our base. We are pretty much interested in doing anything from hiking to adventure activites. So far I only have a music shop that I am very interested in going to in Torshvan!
      Many thanks

2 Answers Aug 4, 2011 at 8:27 AM
    • One Day in Torshavn, Sept. 1, 2011

Tórshavn May 3, 2011 at 4:53 AM

Hi,
      My friends and I will be arriving into the port of Torshavn for a one day visit. Our ship arrives 7AM and departs 5PM. I know there is alot of beautiful scenery to see and I was hoping someone could give us some guidance.

I have read about the Bird Cliffs and I know they sponsor a tour from the ship here. Does anyone know if this is a difficult trip for someone using a cane? I just had hip surgery and would love to see the cliffs they mention, but I am afraid if it is too rough I will injure my hip.

Can you hire a taxi or van to take you on a land tour to see the cliffs and other scenery?

What other suggestions would you give for this amount of time in Torshavn? I understand all of the islands offer beauty, but any special places you can tell me about?

Also, unfortunately to some, I love to shop! I look for items that are unique to the place I am visiting, along with T-shirts, post cards and such for the little ones at home. Any suggestions?

I am hoping to be able to do some walking and wonder if it is easy enough to get around the town from the pier.

I would appreciate any info that you can give me. I can't wait to arrive.

Thank-you, Linda

1 Answer May 3, 2011 at 9:15 AM
    • Taxi available?

Tórshavn Nov 20, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Looking to hire a taxi for a tour in Torvshavn Site would be appreciated

3 Answers Nov 21, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    • Hiring a bike from the airport.

Faroe Islands Oct 1, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I get in on a flight from Iceland with Atlantic Airways at around 8pm on Vagar on a Monday night. Is there any chance of me hiring a bike at/close to the airport and cycling round the island for a couple of days before arriving in Torshavn on the Thursday and leaving it at a bike shop there where I get the ferry on to Denmark?

3 Answers Oct 1, 2010 at 11:54 PM
    • Faroe in Winter

Faroe Islands Sep 25, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Hi,

Faroe Islands have been my dream place to visit since forever...I badly wanted to go this past summer but life and work got in the way. Now, I am very torn - should I try and make it this November (combine it with an Iceland tour this winter) or wait and combine it with a Copenhagen-Oslo trip next summer?

What are the islands like for sightseeing in winter? (weather, public transport availability, any guided tours, amount of daylight etc) I know there are some tours offered in the summer that visit some of the islands, the bird cliffs of Vestmanna and some local hikes/horse riding etc. Will I (travelling solo) be able to do all this in winter as well? I like to spend time outdoors and not all the time inside museums. That said, I do like the rain, misty and cloudy days.

Thanks!
      -Sue.

2 Answers Sep 26, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    • Contact wanted for pool league/association

Faroe Islands Jul 28, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Does anyone know if 8 ball pool is played in the Faroe Islands? If so, could you post me contact details for the person who organises it? Thank you.

1 Answer Oct 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    • Antfra's Profile Photo

Iceland - Faroe Islands!

Tórshavn Jan 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Hi!
      I would like to visit the Faroes,and i need to know the cheapest way, via london, iceland or Oslo?
      Thanks!Obrigado!

3 Answers Aug 7, 2010 at 12:53 AM
    • Hildah, Ornithology.

Faroe Islands Jan 23, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Good Day from Western Australia. I was interested if the practice of collecting Sea Bird eggs such as Guillemots still continues and is legal on the Faeroe Islands.
      I am attempting to source a number of these eggs legally. Eggs such as the Guillemot show great colour diversity and would be interesting for display purposes and the Museum collection as we have nothing like them down here.
      Any feedback would be much appreciated.
      I believe the best time of the year to come to the Island to look into the collecting and observe the practice would be May June so I was hoping for info on this to have time to organize a trip details.
      Email addressee's of anyone who could help us would be great.
      Cheer Peter.

5 Answers Jan 24, 2010 at 10:43 PM
    • jennifertrezise's Profile Photo

Can I still get a ferry from Bergen to the Faroe Islands??

Faroe Islands Nov 1, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Can I still get a ferry from Bergen to the Faroe Islands?? I have been searching online and it seems that they might have discontinued this service. I looked at Smyril Lines and UK lines.

Jenni

5 Answers Dec 20, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    • National football team shirt?

Faroe Islands Jun 19, 2009 at 1:14 AM

I have been an admirer of the Islands and a supporter of the Faroese national football team for some time, and I would love to represent them here in the United States by buying a jersey. I've looked all over the internet to no avail, and I am now interested in contacting a store by mail, be it in Torshavn or elsewhere, that might sell and ship me one here, as it will be many years before physically visiting the Islands is a possibility.

Might anyone know of such a place? If so, I would love to know how I might get in touch with them.

3 Answers Jun 24, 2009 at 11:13 PM
    • NilsTheFreelancer's Profile Photo

slightly different question about Faroe - Shetland route

Faroe Islands Feb 13, 2009 at 6:25 AM

Hallo, folks! (and forgive me for some kind of duplicating previous question)

As fas as I know, currently Faroe islands do not have any air or sea links with Shetland. I wrote to Shetland tourism authorities about this, the reply was negative, indeed they do not have these links.

However, maybe there are, i.e., private yachts (or boats) who +/- regularly cross the sea with passengers in that particular route? Or any small local planes? Any ideas appreciated.

I'm planning my trip to Faroes and would gladly include Shetland, too, if it would be possible to avoid time and money consuming transit from Faroe to Shetland via UK (or anybody else's) mainland.

Nils

6 Answers Feb 15, 2009 at 1:22 AM
    • Getting from Shetland to the Faroes easily?

Faroe Islands Sep 21, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Hi, seems to be a lot of conflicting information about how to get from Shetland to the Faroes. I'm looking to go to the Shetlands in June 2009 and hope to spend a couple of days over in the Faroes, getting a plane back to London. Smyril Line doesn't seem to go to the Shetlands any more, so what would be the easiest way of making the journey?

Thanks, ec.

4 Answers Sep 23, 2008 at 11:43 AM
    • touring

Tórshavn Aug 1, 2008 at 5:48 AM

Are there tour guides available to offer a 2 or 3 hour tour of this area on Aug 18th? If so, would they meet us at the ship? What is the cost? Thank you for any information you can offer. W.B. Kardon

• national football shirt

Tórshavn Jul 21, 2008 at 5:10 PM

can anyone help me source a faroese national football shirt ?. i spent 3 months in torshavn late last year and early into this year, i manage to purchase a beautiful blue football shirt for my son who has worn it out with use and i wish to buy him another. can anyone give me the address (phone number) of the sports shop just up the street from the information centre and opposite the little outdoor stage ? the shop i bought from was there. i would appreciate any help as i cannot seem to buy a shirt online ....odd !! but there you go, many regards and your islands are totally stunning , herbie

1 Answer Jul 21, 2008 at 11:46 PM
    • Ideas for a Day in Torshavn

Tórshavn May 12, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Hi,

Will be visiting Torshavn as part of a cruise (I work on the ship) and unfortunately will only be in town one day. I would like to see some of the town/countryside as well as a ferry ride and was wondering if anyone has some information on local tours in the area.

Thanks
      Jeana

2 Answers Jul 14, 2008 at 11:58 PM
    • ctjonas's Profile Photo

horsebackriding

Faroe Islands Jan 25, 2008 at 2:16 PM

does anyone know, if it is possible to go horseback riding on faroe islands?
      thanks for any info
      christina

1 Answer Jan 25, 2008 at 2:37 PM
    • ctjonas's Profile Photo

accommodation on the faroe islands

Faroe Islands Jan 22, 2008 at 3:23 PM

a couple of days ago, just by accident, and absolutely unexpectantly I came across some pictures of the faroe islands - and I FELL IN LOVE IMMEDIATELY!!!

since then I have done a lot of research concerning culture, language, history, geography etc. (the wikipedia article was a good way to start. very informative and appeared to me to be very profound)

I also began research on how to get there cheaply from berlin/germany. unfortunately I need to travel on very restricted budget :=((

I found out that I could fly to bergen and take the ferry to torshavn. the dates that seem most suitable for me would get me to torshavn on monday, sept. 1, very early in the morning, departure would have to be saturday sept. 6, late afternoon.

my questions:
      is this a good time to travel to faroe islands? or would late spring (may) be better?

I am looking for cheap accommodation: need a dry roof over my head, a bed would be nice, can bring my own sleeping bag, access to a bathroom and preferrably a coffee machine or else some place near to get hot coffee in the morning :=. anything else would be optional.

would like to meet local people, get to know the faroyan way of life (and language) well, I know, in less than a week I will hardly get a glimps.

how would I get around on the islands? could I rent a scooter or small motorbike?

I am an experienced and enthusiastic horseback-rider. Is there anyway to take say day-trips on horseback on the islands? maybe even the possibility to get accommodation on a farm? (I do not mind picking up a shovel or a pitch-fork and do a good share of work)

hoping for answers

christina

5 Answers Apr 8, 2008 at 3:08 PM
    • Iceland to Faroes to Shetland to Orkney to Scotland

Faroe Islands Jan 14, 2008 at 2:01 AM

In June I am planning to go from
      Iceland (10 days) to
      Faroes (2 nights) to [via a crazy connection in CPH / Aberdeen)
      Shetlands (2 nights) to
      Orkney (1) nights to
      Scotland

Is this a crazy itn?

Is it worth my time to try to fit the Faroes, Shetlands, and Orkney?

Suggestions appreciated!

5 Answers Jul 15, 2008 at 7:36 AM
    • Fiepke's Profile Photo

Camping on the Faroe Islands

Faroe Islands Oct 25, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Does anyone know how much it costs to pitch a tent on one of the Faroese campsites? I could find only one website with prices for one of the campings (80 Kr a night). Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 8, 2007 at 6:22 AM
    • Suggestions for Scotland / Faroe Islands

Faroe Islands Aug 28, 2007 at 10:03 AM

I will be in the UK for about a week late next May.

My wife and kids wanted to go to Scotland and I thought it would be interesting to combine this with a trip to the Faroes.

Any suggestions on an itn?

We need to start and end in London - Gatwick, but want to spend all the time in the north.

Thanks.

4 Answers Aug 28, 2007 at 8:32 PM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Shetlands or Orkney to Faroe Islands

Faroe Islands Jun 7, 2007 at 5:16 AM

Any suggestions how I can travel from Shetlands or Orkney to Faroe Islands please.

Cheapest possible way.

Bal

2 Answers Jun 7, 2007 at 5:28 AM
    • Castaner's Profile Photo

Travel in Winter

Faroe Islands May 7, 2007 at 2:29 PM

I hope this doesn't sound too dumb, lol

1) Is it recommendable to visit the Faroe Islands in January (i.e. is that a nice time to go? I'm interested in seeing natural scenery)?

2) Is flying/going there on a boat more difficult during this time?

3) Would there be a significant price difference during this time?

2 Answers May 7, 2007 at 5:38 PM