Travel Answers
Faro

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Seville to Lisboa - Any stops in between?

by fancylandbubble Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Hello, I am planning a trip from Morocco to Lisboa in september. So far we decided to pass Seville after coming from Morocco, so my question is if there are any nice places between Seville and Lisboa that we can reach quite easily and directly from Seville. Thank you very much for recommendations and experience reports! Lena

more
    • 2AussieGuys's Profile Photo

Beach Accommodation

by 2AussieGuys Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM

I am planning a trip to the Algarve in July, and wanted to stay somewhere thats 4 or 5 stars on or walking distance to a great beach. It has been suggested to be around Praia Grande BUT a similar beach on the coast that is a nice spot for a gay couple would be perfect. Any recommendations would be great!

more
    • TuNguyenUK's Profile Photo

Faro - Where to stay? What to do?

by TuNguyenUK Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Hi guys,

We're looking to book a 3 day trip to Faro, Portugal and I was wondering if you could advise me on what is the best area to stay in. We're looking to be within 5 minutes walk of things to do and places to eat.

Also, what would you recommend to do over there, and where to go eat?

Many thanks,

Tu

more
    • 1st Time visit to Faro

by Singelle Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 12:38 AM

What are the Top 10 things To Do in Faro, that you'd recommend?

more
    • 1st Time visit to Faro

by Singelle Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 12:38 AM

What are the Top 10 things To Do in Faro, that you'd recommend?

4 Answers Yesterday
    • Seville to Lisboa - Any stops in between?

by fancylandbubble Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Hello, I am planning a trip from Morocco to Lisboa in september. So far we decided to pass Seville after coming from Morocco, so my question is if there are any nice places between Seville and Lisboa that we can reach quite easily and directly from Seville. Thank you very much for recommendations and experience reports! Lena

2 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    • 2AussieGuys's Profile Photo

Beach Accommodation

by 2AussieGuys Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM

I am planning a trip to the Algarve in July, and wanted to stay somewhere thats 4 or 5 stars on or walking distance to a great beach. It has been suggested to be around Praia Grande BUT a similar beach on the coast that is a nice spot for a gay couple would be perfect. Any recommendations would be great!

2 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 3:10 AM
    • TuNguyenUK's Profile Photo

Faro - Where to stay? What to do?

by TuNguyenUK Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Hi guys,

We're looking to book a 3 day trip to Faro, Portugal and I was wondering if you could advise me on what is the best area to stay in. We're looking to be within 5 minutes walk of things to do and places to eat.

Also, what would you recommend to do over there, and where to go eat?

Many thanks,

Tu

3 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Train Station to the Airport

by travelfrosch Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 5:37 AM

Any advice on how best to get from the Faro Train Station to the Airport? The public transit links on the Faro Airport website are dead.

From what I can guess from my very limited Portuguese, Bus 16 departs occasionally from the main bus terminal to the airport. Is the bus terminal near the train station, and if not, does the bus stop near the train station as well? Thanks!

22 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 10:14 AM
    • i want to move to faro

by ajonaye2006 Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 1:49 PM

i want to move to faro,i live in uk my children are mixed race,white and black,is it diverse there

6 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • rajivgarima's Profile Photo

travel from malaga-spain to Faro

by rajivgarima Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 1:46 AM

We are a group of 7 persons and wnat to know how to travel by public transport from Malaga to Faro in June 2014.

8 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 3:46 AM
    • bayley23's Profile Photo

December in Faro

by bayley23 Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 3:36 AM

My partner and I are going to Faro for 3 nights in December and I have a few questions.

Is it busy this time of year?
      Are shops, bars, clubs still open and lively?
      What activities do you recommend? I've looked into quad biking, trike experience, Jamanta.

I would be very grateful for any advice.

Thank you! Rachael

6 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 2:29 AM
    • jay_krejic's Profile Photo

Christmas in Faro?

by jay_krejic Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Hi everyone!

Planning to visit Portugal/Spain in dec. Want to travel from Lisbon to Faro the 24th dec, and leaving Faro to Sevilla the 26th dec. Is there anything to do during the christmas eve in Faro at all? All comments are appreciated. Thanks guys.

11 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 4:26 AM
    • bus timetables

by katherinec73 Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 8:46 AM

need to get bus or train from faro to lagos around 10pm monday 22nd july. is this possible?

4 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    • May end good time to head to beach

by debsand Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I am planning for Faro in end of May, say by 28 May and planning to stay till 1 June.. is the weather good for beach and head for swimming then.

5 Answers Mar 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    • BalletBarb's Profile Photo

Cheap holiday

by BalletBarb Online Now Jul 30, 2012 at 3:35 AM

I have the chance of free accommodation in Gale from 25 Aug for a week but the air fares are expensive beyond belief and I am short of funds. Does anyone know of an economic flight to Faro around that time?

3 Answers Jul 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM
    • Altura Portugal - Questions

by jkaccounts Online Now May 28, 2012 at 4:37 AM

Hi All

We are planning a trip to Portugal next month for a week. We are planning to stay in Altura. I have a few questions.

1. The best way to Travel from Faro Airport to Altura. I see that the EVA bus service operates from the bus station to Altura. What is the best way to get to the bus station from the airport and are the bus services reliable and safe for tourists? I can book a cab to Altura but a return fare is around 70 to 90 Euros. Buses are far lower. Advise needed!!!

2. What are the places near altura that you would recommend we go to?

3. Any tips and suggestions on local restaurants/ good places to eat that are not very expensive would be great.

Looking forward to hearing from all.

Best regards,
      Jack

3 Answers May 30, 2012 at 3:22 AM
    • Altura Portugal - Questions

by jkaccounts Online Now May 28, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Hi All

We are planning a trip to Portugal next month for a week. We are planning to stay in Altura. I have a few questions.

1. The best way to Travel from Faro Airport to Altura. I see that the EVA bus service operates from the bus station to Altura. What is the best way to get to the bus station from the airport and are the bus services reliable and safe for tourists? I can book a cab to Altura but a return fare is around 70 to 90 Euros. Buses are far lower. Advise needed!!!

2. What are the places near altura that you would recommend we go to?

3. Any tips and suggestions on local restaurants/ good places to eat that are not very expensive would be great.

Looking forward to hearing from all.

Best regards,
      Jack

• Boat travel to Gibraltar???

by 1robert1 Online Now Mar 19, 2012 at 5:17 AM

Is there a ferry from Faro or anywhere close to Gibraltar? If not is there a high quality charter operator based infor near Faro that would provide round trip service to Gibraltar?

7 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 12:40 PM
    • Thought there were nice beaches in faro

by Brandyvalhalla Online Now Aug 13, 2011 at 4:57 AM

Our travel agent planned our vacation with a stop in Faro for some relaxing on the beach time. Are there no good beaches in Faro? Other postings suggest this. If not, where can our family enjoy some beach time nearby?

9 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 5:28 AM
    • TSM_student's Profile Photo

How to get from Faro to Monte Gordo??

by TSM_student Online Now Aug 1, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Hey people!

Alright, now i know how to get from Lisbon to Faro BUT i found out that my hotel is in Monte Gordo (kind of a funny name, isnt it?? :-) anyway - I can not find out on the "Combois de portugal" site if there is a train from faro to monte gorde (and i am sure there is one, i saw the rails on google-map!!).

Hopefully someone from this area can help me :-)

thanks a lot!

cheers from spain!

Doris

1 Answer Aug 1, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    • kingVafa's Profile Photo

where to stay for a weekend break

by kingVafa Online Now May 17, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Hi, I m coming to Faro on OCT for a long weekend I hope weather will be warmer than UK lol

any suggestion where to stay in that time please?
      I checked some posts and some people suggest to stay in Faro and some people suggest places like Albuferia, Portimao or Lagos
      I dont mind hiring a car, but i dont think in OCT i can use beach.
      I am just looking for a nice pretty and quiet place with nice bars and restaurants
      to chill out for a weekend.

any suggestion please??

7 Answers May 19, 2011 at 7:28 AM
    • acommodation near faro airport & car rental

by aniabaniao Online Now Apr 22, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Hi,

My partner and I are traveling to Faro with 10 months old baby at the end of may. I wandered if you can recommend family friendly, quiet place to stay for one night fairly close to the airport (we will have a car)
      I also wandered if you could recommend any car rental place

Thank you in advance,

3 Answers Apr 23, 2011 at 2:44 PM
    • out of hours (car hire) faro

by senahel Online Now Jan 6, 2011 at 3:15 AM

how much do they charge for out of hours return?
      i will be returning car at 6am, but site says charges are payable at desk
      but does not say how much extra.

would it be better to drop car back the day before?

thanks in advance.

4 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 5:29 AM
    • where to stay in algarve

by senahel Online Now Jan 1, 2011 at 11:30 AM

flying to faro late jan 2011. for 1 week.

as this is a holiday for my wife who just lost her mother, i am looking for suggestions of which towns or citys to stay in. and places to visit.

will be hiring a car so we can travel around.

all suggestions welcome, as i don't have accomodation booked yet.

thanks in advance......

8 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    • Faro in December

by j_j_bean Online Now Sep 21, 2010 at 8:03 AM

Hi,

I am thinking of taking a holiday in Faro this December with my father. I have found cheap flights from the 22nd to 29th.

Would there be much for a tourist to do at that time or would most places be closed?

Also what area would be the best area to stay in?We would like to be close enough to the city and shops; restaurants etc, but not ages away from the airport.

Also any hotel/apartment recommendations would be extremely welcome. An apartahotel would probably be more ideal as we require two bedrooms or a one bedroom apartment with a sofabed.

I would really appreciate any help you may be able to give me.

Thanks!!!!

9 Answers Sep 23, 2010 at 9:33 AM
    • Leannl's Profile Photo

Transfer from train station to hotel

by Leannl Online Now Aug 27, 2010 at 4:52 AM

My clients will be travelling from Malaga to Faro by train. They will need to get to their hotel in Faro from the station. Is there any transfers or busses?
      They will be staying at the Auramar Beach CLub in Faro.

1 Answer Aug 27, 2010 at 5:24 AM
    • Hotels near Faro airport + contacts of the hotels

by valiak Online Now Aug 9, 2010 at 6:01 AM

I am searching for hotels that are very close to the Faro airport.
      It seems that Eva hotel is the closest hotel. Do you have any contacts of the hotel and what is the cheapest and fastest way to get to the hotel from Faro airport?

4 Answers Aug 16, 2010 at 12:17 PM
    • Where to visit between Faro and Lisbon?

by sw8pea76 Online Now Aug 3, 2010 at 4:17 AM

I am meeting my boyfriend for a week, he will fly into Faro, I will be coming from Rome and flying into Lisbon. Just wondering where would be good to visit/stay between the two?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Aug 4, 2010 at 2:30 AM
    • Golda Sol

by PEGADO Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Is there a phone number available for Hotel Golda Sol, near Faro Airport ?

1 Answer Aug 2, 2010 at 4:27 AM
    • batmohd's Profile Photo

Public transport from Faro Airport to City Centre at midnight

by batmohd Online Now Jul 23, 2010 at 11:08 AM

I'm going to visit Faro next week. I will arrived in Faro Airport at 11.40 pm (almost midnight). Anybody can suggest the cheapest transport that I can take to City Centre. I read from other comments saying that the bus is cheap but the service ended at 11.00 pm.

5 Answers Aug 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    • Pau365's Profile Photo

Praia de Faro on foot

by Pau365 Online Now Apr 11, 2010 at 6:39 AM

To get to the beach at Praia de Faro just after the airport, there’s a narrow bridge the cars cross in one direction only at a time. Does anyone know if pedestrians can cross this bridge, is there room, is it allowed?

Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 14, 2010 at 1:12 PM
    • unive's Profile Photo

Faro

by unive Online Now Mar 30, 2010 at 8:27 AM

Hello,
      I'll be in Faro for Easter holidays. I was wondering does enyone know a nice resturant (not too expensive)?
      What is the distance between Faro and Lagos?
      Which is a nice beach in Faro?
      Thanks

4 Answers Mar 31, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    • From Faro to Tarifa

by johnnymangosteen Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 11:31 AM

What is the best way to get from Faro down into tarifa. And by the "best" way I am referring to the cheapest way. I am willing to take a train,but, anything.

Please let me know,

Johnny

4 Answers Jan 25, 2010 at 6:01 AM