Fargo Travel Answers

change location
riorich55's Profile Photo

Looking For Something Different This Labor Day?

by riorich55 Online Now Sep 2, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Come join Donna_in_India, her husband Sandy, daughter Kasha and riorich55 from the Chicago area as they initiate the inaugural VT meeting in Fargo, North Dakota.

Fargo, the name of a strange movie is the setting of this unique opportunity. Check out riorich55 meeting page for details.

Quote & Answer
13 Answers
  • Greggor58's Profile Photo

Re: Looking For Something Different This Labor Day?

by Greggor58 Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Now that would be fun on a long weekend...cant make it..but I wish I could...are you going to look up Margie when youre in town maybe??? :o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

by riorich55 Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 11:45 AM

I'll have to see who Margie is. Donna and I had been talking on line and just coincidentally we were going to be in Fargo on the same day and obviously we couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a VT dinner.

by riorich55 Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 11:46 AM

By the way what ice cave is your picture from?

by Greggor58 Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Ha...Hi Rich...Margie(pronounced Margeeee) was a central figure in the movie...not sure what her real name is but she played the pregnant police officer in the movie..superbly I might add..have fun in Fargo...if I was close by Id join you.. :o)
    Ice cave is on the "Top of Europe" carved out of the glacier on Jaungfrau..check the vid if you like on Wengen pages..It was pretty cool...no pun intended..but really a slippery and unique experience..

by riorich55 Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 3:36 PM

You got me. I've only seen bits and pieces of that movie, not really my style. I thought that the ice cave was probably Jungfrau. We were on the other side of the valley at Schilthorn on our trip. Enjoy the upcoming weekend.

by Greggor58 Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Its was certainly on the "dark side" but I thought well done and some great acting..and some lighter moments too..

Thanks..a quiet weekend going on up here I think...I dont think the weather is going to co-operate..

You guys have fun!!

by riorich55 Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Look for pictures on my Fargo page in the weeks to come. Just saw a couple of the Switz videos you did. Any other travels for you this year.

My business trips over the next 6 weeks take me to Fargo, Sioux Falls and Waterloo.

Vacation with my wife shortly thereafter to Napa Valley, Yosemite and San Francisco. Going to be in San Francisco on Halloween and also their celebration of the Day of the Dead. Should be interesting.

by Greggor58 Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 5:26 PM

I have another week off in October...but laying low...maybe Quebec City for a couple of days...I spent six weeks on the road in January and February and two in Switzerland in July..nothing really serious on the horizon Im afraid until early Spring...looking at Chile and Argentina possibly..Im researching now..when are you returning to Switzerland??

by riorich55 Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 5:57 PM

My daughter is getting married next year and we haven't seen the majority of Europe so it is probably quite a few years away.

• Dester's Profile Photo

by Dester Online Now Sep 5, 2010 at 11:44 AM

I'm on my way to Oshkosh right now Rich, and I'll be there until Tuesday morning and then I'll probably hang out in Walcott, Iowa for a day. Maybe I'll run into you along your way back!

by riorich55 Online Now Sep 5, 2010 at 12:47 PM

My only car ride will be between Naperville and O'Hare. Then its a flight up to Fargo. Your truck doesn't fly yet, does it? LOL

• Dester's Profile Photo

by Dester Online Now Sep 5, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Oops, I remember you writing me that you were going to be in Iowa, I guess it was longer ago than I thought!

by riorich55 Online Now Sep 5, 2010 at 5:31 PM

No, Ill be in Iowa toward the end of September and beginning of October. I've spent a lot of time there in 2002 and 2003 testing and then training our drivers on new handheld computers. That's when I was also in your industry, riding along with the drivers and helping out as they made deliveries. Boy, was I in good shape then.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines