Farafra Travel Answers

change location
lclaudio's Profile Photo

tour white desert-leaving Cairo-Getting Luxor

by lclaudio Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 7:36 AM

HI...Does anyone know if is possible make a tour via White desert from Cairo, ending Luxor.....if so, any suggestions of companies-tours related?

many thank's in advance

luiz rio brazil

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • sachara's Profile Photo

Re: tour white desert-leaving Cairo-Getting Luxor

by sachara Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I visited the white desert 2 times. The first time from Cairo/Bawiti/Farafra/ El Kharga to Luxor in 1999. I booked the trip with a tour agency in the Netherlands. The second time in 2000 I did Siwa/Bawiti/Cairo with another Dutch company cooperating with an Egypt company. During the years after 2000 I saw at the internet many companies in Europe and Egypt offering tours to the Western Desert.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travellingtechie's Profile Photo

Re: tour white desert-leaving Cairo-Getting Luxor

by travellingtechie Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM

My wife and I had been to Egypt in Dec 2009-Jan 2010, and this is what we did...we landed in Cairo and the western desert safari tour operator had promised a pick up from the airport and drop off at our hotel in Cairo. So as promised they picked us up from Cairo airport, drove to Bahariya Oasis in a non-shared vehicle (only the two of us and the driver no other guests), showed us around Bahariya, did camping in the white desert for one day, and then drove us back to Cairo to drop us at our hotel in Cairo again in a non-shared vehicle. In fact there was another couple who were also travelling to Cairo at the same time as us but they were given a different vehicle and us a different one while we could have been easily accommodated in the same. The point is that safari operator was very true to his word and did exactly as advertised. I think his name was Sameer Saada (I will try getting further details). Then we spent a couple of days in Cairo watching the Pyramids and the markets and then took the night train to Luxor. The bookings on the trains are done at the Cairo train station and are done only in dollars or euros.

• Re: tour white desert-leaving Cairo-Getting Luxor

by bethanyanne808 Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines