change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Douro River Cruise

Miranda do Douro 20 hours ago

Hi,
      I´m looking for a short River Cruise from Miranda do Douro in Mid-September.
      I can only find 2 different (1hr. / 2hrs.), but they start not before 4pm.
      indouro.com/default.asp?id=1...
      We have our Hotel in Bragança, so I´m wondering if there are other Tours with an earlier Departure? The weekday will be Wednesday or Thursday, we can choose.
      And if somebody is well versed with Trás-os-Montes please have a look at my two planned daytrips. Are there (better?) suggestions at or beside the plan? Something special to do, see, eat,...
      Day 1: https://goo.gl/maps/TAKvF
      Day 2: https://goo.gl/maps/dX0D9
      (we come from Viseu at Day 0, at Day 3 we are going to Ponte de Lima),

thx
      momo

more
    • Takapiru's Profile Photo

Events in September

Madeira Yesterday

We will be in Funchal 2 first weeks of September. This is our third trip there. I'm interested in special events during that time.

more
    • Restaurants

Quarteira Jul 26, 2015 at 6:09 AM

We are staying for a month in September,anyone recommend good restaurants that are reasonable and a couple for special occasions.we have a car so don't mind driving

more
    • Caminha winter weather

Caminha Jul 21, 2015 at 2:06 AM

What's the winter weather like in Caminha? In particular what are the rainfall and wind patterns like? I have seen some frightening figures for rainfall. I'm not bothered about temperatures.
      Thanks.
      K.

more
    • Santarem surrounding area

Santarém Jul 13, 2015 at 10:53 AM

We'll be staying in Santarem for 4 nights end August for a festival nearby, but we'd also like to explore the surrounding area. What would be your recommended highlights to visit by hire care for local interest/beauty? Thanks, Lulu

more
    • Street Market

Espinho Jul 11, 2015 at 8:29 AM

when is the market held

more
    • Peniche to bombarral

Portugal Jul 9, 2015 at 7:21 AM

I 'm searching way to peniche to Bombarral but I can't find.i knew only go to lisbon with tejo bus.
      Another is go to cardas but only 7am or 3pm.I want to know somewhere can go with bus?
      I knew place at the guide book.

more
    • Day trip from Armacao de Pera to Salema

Armação de Pêra Jul 23, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Is there public transportation from Armacao de Pero to Salema? Don't drive and am part of bus tour spending 2 days in Armacao de Pera and read in Rick Steve's guidebook that Salema is a very pretty traditional fisherman village, but it seems very far on the map. Thank you for any suggestions.

more
    • shunra's Profile Photo

a trip from Lisbon to Coimbra

Portugal Jul 21, 2015 at 5:26 AM

Hello everybody,
      We are planning a two-days driving trip from Lisbon to Coimbra.
      Does anybody have any suggestions as to the most beautiful itinerary and the most interesting places to see on our way?
      Thanks!

more
    • going to Pico

Ponta Delgada Jul 31, 2015 at 2:19 AM

We will arrive in Ponta Delgada on a Monday afternoon, 15:15. We'd like to go right away to Pico, but can't seem to figure out how since the flights seem to leave earlier in the day. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

more
    • eating out

Armação de Pêra Jul 25, 2015 at 9:43 AM

are there any good fish resteraunts here

more
    • Restaurant/Bar Terrace Recommendation

Cascais Jul 30, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Hi VTers, I'm finding it hard to research nice restaurants and bars to visit in Cascais. I'm looking for recommendations for a group of about 20 people to gather for a pre-wedding celebration. Ideally somewhere a little more upmarket without being crazy expensive and with a view for some food & nice drinks so maybe a terrace/patio/roof deck - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My next question is that it will be midweek, early September...is it typically quiet in this area midweek or still lively?

Thanks in advance! K.

more
    • 2 locations for Apt rental

Portugal Jul 28, 2015 at 8:41 AM

We are planning a 6 week stay in Portugal on the Algarve....looking for recommendations...a quiet area and a busy....touristy area near the beach...

more
    • Coach hire

Viseu Jul 24, 2015 at 12:47 PM

What are the contact details for coach hire in Viseu? A search of the net has not revealed anything.
      Grateful for any information.
      Nadmas

more
    • beer brewery in Porto

Porto Jul 29, 2015 at 7:00 AM

Can any one tell me if there is a brewery in Porto or in a place where we can get to by public transport ? Thank you

more
    • Derribong's Profile Photo

Porto rail travel to Averio then Averio to Braga and back to Porto.

Porto Jul 24, 2015 at 5:43 AM

Over a 10 day period plan to do rail trips from Porto to Aveiro then travel to Braga then return to Porto. Question is can i travel direct from Averio to Braga or need to return to Porto to get a train from there to Braga ?
      Separate questions. Should I get a rail pass ? Do i qualify for any discount being 67 years old ?

more
    • Derribong's Profile Photo

Rail travel from Porto to Aveiro.

Aveiro Jul 24, 2015 at 4:24 AM

Fly from London to Porto on a Sunday then intend to get the railway to Aveiro. Will it be straightforward to buy tickets at the Porto station for the journey that day ?

more
    • Cruise ship visit - what to do?

Lisbon Jul 15, 2015 at 7:59 PM

We are in Lisbon on two cruise ship visits - Thursday 24 September & Monday 5 October.
      We have arranged a guided tour for our second visit - Lisbon, Sintra & Estoril.

Seeing as this tour gives us a good overview of the city we are now left wondering what to do on our first visit.

I have read about a river cruise but that is late in the afternoon, we would need to be back on board by 4pm. (Is there maybe a morning one?)

Any ideas of how to spend our first visit appreciated. Unfortunately we are unable to change the booked tour to the first visit. If we had done the tour first it would have been easy - we would have known what areas we would have like to spend more time in.
      If the city is very hilly we would not be wanting to walk all day.

All ideas appreciated!

more