Famagusta Travel Answers

change location

accomodationfor one month maybe two,

by holidaychris Online Now Jun 9, 2007 at 10:53 AM

ive been trying to book either self catering or reasonably priced accom in magusa for single traveller for one month anyone have any suggestions. also hotel accom. but not too expensive replys wold be great

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • oleksa's Profile Photo

Re: accomodationfor one month maybe two,

by oleksa Online Now Jun 10, 2007 at 5:13 AM

Hi. 5 years ago I stayed in a hotel called Altin Tabya. The address is Altin Tabya Sokak (which is inside the old town walls). I guess, it might be a good option given that you are planning to stay that long. The guy who runs the place is called Erol (I hope he is still OK). He is one of the very few old Cypriots there. I think he was there when Cyprus was still British. He speaks an impeccable English which again is quite rare there - be ready to learn some Turkish to survive - even taxi drivers often have no English at all.

The hotel is quite basic, but clean and has everything you need - I mean bathroom+toilet and, I think, television. The price was ridiculously cheap - can't remember exactly, but it was something like 4-6 dollars per person (I was there with a friend) including breakfast. The old town is located about half an hours walk to the beach. So, if it is your concern you might want to find another place. I hope this is helpful.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines