Falmouth Travel Answers

change location

mylor bridge

by alilot Online Now Feb 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I currently live in gloucestershire but soon retiring and thinking of moving closer to son in Penryn. I'd be really grateful for feed back re 'good,lively friendly places to settle in Falmouth area. Am worried whole area may be dominated by the sailing fraternity/students/trippers!! Mylor bridge / Devoran /Port nevas take my fancy but also 'fancy' prices if one's not into sailing! may also consider central falmouth area Any other suggestions gratefully received

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: mylor bridge

by annabarrington Online Now Aug 23, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Sorry, you posted this a while ago. I don't know how well you know the area, but there is of course the sailing/student/tripper element in and around Falmouth. But there's a lot more to these places than that, so you should be fine.
    In Falmouth however, you do need to avoid certain streets which have become student ghettos to an extent, and Penryn has more students than it used to - so again, I'd check out the neighbours before making an offer on a place.
    You could also take a look at Flushing, which is lively and not too yachty, or head in the other direction towards Constantine and Mawnan Smith. They're not right on the coast so a bit cheaper and still very nice.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines