Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Falkland Islands Travel Answer Locations

• GCoop's Profile Photo

When to go?

Falkland Islands Mar 13, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I would like to know when the "off", none touristy season is in the Falkland's is. Are businesses still open for the most most part, or does it shut down like in Alaska when the tourist leave? Lastly, as an intrepid backpacker, will I be able to get around by hitching a ride, or are their cars to rent? I imagine a bus service in the Falkland's is not very practical.

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Mar 18, 2014 at 10:09 AM
    • shuttle bus to Bluff Cove

Stanley Jan 19, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Are there shuttle buses from the pier to Bluff Cove. All tours through the ship are booked Feb 11.

2 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 3:22 PM
    • Tours to Bluff Cove

Falkland Islands Jan 19, 2014 at 12:54 PM

We will be in Port Stanley Feb 11. All tours are booked through the ship. I have heard there are shuttle buses to catch at the pier that will take one to Bluff Cove. Is this correct?
      thanks,

• Bluff Cove

Falkland Islands Jan 5, 2014 at 4:14 PM

How can I find a day trip to Bluff Cove in the Falkland Islands? We will be there on 07 March 2014. I would prefer a private tour to the ship's tour.

• Bluff Cove

Falkland Islands Jan 5, 2014 at 4:09 PM

How can I find a day trip to Bluff Cove in the Falkland Islands? We will be there on 07 March 2014.

• mountain bikes

Falkland Islands Dec 15, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I'm on a cruise that visits the Falklands in Feb. can someone tell me if mountain bikes can be rented in Port Stanley and how many birding sites are close to the city? Thanks.

3 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 6:04 AM
    • Karl

Falkland Islands Feb 28, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Can I purchase some Diddle Dee jam and have it sent to me in the uk?

• Falklands Wool

Falkland Islands Sep 7, 2010 at 11:17 AM

several years ago i bought som Falkland Island Wool. i am short 1 skein. Do you have "Purely 100% Falklands Wools Shade T/Down. Lot No. FM2115. If you hve the yarn and it is not the same dye lot, i can make it work.

2 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    • Which penguins are where?

Falkland Islands May 21, 2010 at 2:07 PM

We'll be calling at Port Stanley this November. I know that the Falklands have a good variety of types of penguins. Can anyone tell me where I can see different breeds? (I believe there are Magellan, Rockhopper, and King penguins?)
      Marnie

3 Answers May 25, 2010 at 10:36 PM
    • Port Stanley - Lagoon Bluff

Falkland Islands Jan 9, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I will be in Fort Stanley for 1 day in March on a ship tour. One of the tours involves a bus ride followed by a 4 wheel drive vehicle over peaty land, not recommended for people with back issues. Does anyone know how long the 4 wheel drive portion of the trip is, as I have some back problems, but could stand it if it wasn't too long. Thanks

5 Answers Jan 10, 2010 at 8:23 AM
    • local bird guide/tour

Falkland Islands Jun 14, 2009 at 10:36 PM

does anyone know of a local birder/guide who does tours in Port Stanley
      thanks
      Peter

3 Answers Jun 15, 2009 at 9:27 AM
    • E-mail and Cell

Stanley May 25, 2009 at 5:10 AM

I would like to know if you have e-mail service in the Islands, and cell phone service?
      Thank You! Ron.

3 Answers May 25, 2009 at 5:27 AM
    • puuzzleguy's Profile Photo

What Bird Did I see?

Falkland Islands Mar 31, 2008 at 5:54 PM

I spotted a bird following our ship coming into the Falklands a few weeks ago and I'm wondering if anyone can identify it with authority?

You can see it at www.2pi.ca/bird1.jpg

Thanks

10 Answers Apr 11, 2008 at 10:00 PM
    • deep sea fishing charters??

Stanley Mar 7, 2008 at 9:19 AM

I can't find any deep sea fishing charter companies out of Stanley. Can any one help me out. I have cruise clients that want to go deep sea fishing and the cruise lines don't offer any excursions. They will be in Stanley 04 Apr 08 from 10a to 4p with NCL. Would love some advise.
      Thanks
      Collin Shepard

1 Answer Mar 9, 2008 at 10:53 AM
    • One Day in Port Stanley, Falkland Islands

Falkland Islands Dec 30, 2007 at 5:52 AM

We are four adults who will be one full day (8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) in Port Stanley while on a Cruise in February.

Does anyone have any reocmmendations of sites to see, are cabs available for hire, and are they very expensive? Can we do the penguin colonies independently?

What should one not miss? Is there a local sightseeing company anyone can recommend?

TIA!

• Ushuaia to Stanley

Falkland Islands Mar 8, 2007 at 11:17 PM

Whicht airlines fly to Stanley from Ushuaia.

1 Answer Mar 9, 2007 at 2:18 AM
    • Which cove?

Falkland Islands Jan 6, 2007 at 9:17 PM

Hi,

I'll be in Port Stanley for 9 hours on Feb 5 as part of a cruise. I'm very interested to see some of the penguins. There are two tours on offer, one to Bluff Cove and one to Sparrow Cove, both of about the same duration (3 hrs. approx.) Is there a real difference between these two coves and if so, which one would you suggest to go to?

Thanks

1 Answer Jan 12, 2007 at 1:10 PM
    • fegatti's Profile Photo

falklands!

Falkland Islands May 6, 2005 at 7:29 AM

hello there.

i´m planning going to falklands on nov or dec 2005, i´m a 26/m travel agent from argentina.
      i´d like to know how much money you people suggest to carry, to start planning my budget, also i´d like to get in touch with people from/going to the islands. thanks.

e-mail ezequiel.gatti@visit-ar.com.

3 Answers Jun 8, 2005 at 2:42 PM
    • daryoush's Profile Photo

nightlife

Falkland Islands Feb 14, 2005 at 2:26 AM

my friends and i dont really know too about this island and was wondering what kind of nightlife we can expect. aslo prices of beer, food and so forth. anyone with any info

3 Answers Feb 19, 2005 at 11:16 AM
    • QSTN

Falkland Islands Dec 28, 2004 at 7:37 PM

Has anybody used stamps from the Falkland Islands? does any of you receive mail from there ? i like FK IS stamps very much. Does anybody live there who has?

1 Answer Jan 8, 2005 at 3:47 AM
    • Stanley tour options

Stanley Nov 15, 2004 at 1:33 PM

We arrive in Stanley at 8am on 27 DEC 04 via Princess cruise. A VT member recommended a shore excursion on her cruise for USD35 to see King Penguins. Princess is charging USD99/pp for a Bluff Cove visit. Their tour is described as a 3-hour tour... 30 minute bus then 30 minute 4WD across private land to see the rookery. This sounds very expensive to us. I am an airline employee and our trip is possible for us financially because we are travelling "standby" at a greatly reduced industry rate. Is it possible to arrange for an affordable local tour to see the Penguins? Is it possible to arrange for a local guide to show us the area.. off the beaten path with local color, including the Penguins? We are considerably younger than the other passengers on the cruise and don't relish traveling with a group of seniors.

2 Answers Aug 6, 2006 at 7:07 AM
    • What British Food is available in the Falklands ?

Falkland Islands Oct 25, 2004 at 1:03 PM

What British food is available in the Falklands ? I presume that there must be since there are forces based there, but is this all within the base, or is it available generally on the island ? If it's not generally available do you think people would buy it if it was reasonably priced ? - Sorry, this is really a fact finding mission for my business, but information like this is difficult to get.

3 Answers Nov 1, 2004 at 1:16 PM
    • Aimless wandering?

Falkland Islands Oct 13, 2004 at 5:21 PM

I suppose this is for Zweiblumen again. OK if there are no official tours for non-military personnel how much independent touring can you do on the islands. For example , could I just casually wander around Mt. Longdon to have a look at the old gun and take pictures of it. Are areas cordoned off/ patroled by the army etc..? Also do the locals mind being asked about the war? Thanks R.

• christian99's Profile Photo

know nothing

Stanley Feb 26, 2003 at 6:09 PM

can anybody tell me a little bit more about these Islands, I wanna go there next year, inform me please

1 Answer May 22, 2004 at 4:56 AM
    • Onn's Profile Photo

?

Falkland Islands Feb 1, 2003 at 7:30 PM

Will anyone go there soon?

2 Answers Apr 6, 2005 at 6:56 PM