Falkland Islands Travel Answers

change location

Which penguins are where?

by koshlong Online Now May 21, 2010 at 2:07 PM

We'll be calling at Port Stanley this November. I know that the Falklands have a good variety of types of penguins. Can anyone tell me where I can see different breeds? (I believe there are Magellan, Rockhopper, and King penguins?)
Marnie

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • crazyman2's Profile Photo

Re: Which penguins are where?

by crazyman2 Online Now May 22, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Okay, I can't answer your question BUT I can make a helpful suggestion.
    I assume that you are on a cruise and will only be there for one day.

a) Penguins poo etc can be a pain to remove from your shoes and clothes so if you don't want to spend time trying to remove everything in your stateroom shower then I suggest that you take some old things that you can dispose of when you are back on the ship.

b) It rains and rains in the Falklands. There is little shelter. Be warned.

c) When you are waiting for your cruise tender to collect you there is no shelter and you may be in a queue for 45 minutes. We were all soaked through.

However, it is an interesting experience. Somehow, it is a little bit like Britain in the 1950s!
    Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Which penguins are where?

by koshlong Online Now May 25, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Excellent suggestions! I was king of expecting that; I'm planning on taking some throwaway boots. Yes we're on a cruise, the Veendam, and we'll be there in mid November, so I imagine it will still be COLD. Fortunately, our ship has laundry facilities, and I'll bet there'll be a lineup for them after "wildlife ports".

Thanks for the information.

• crazyman2's Profile Photo

Re: Which penguins are where?

by crazyman2 Online Now May 25, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I'm pleased that I could help!

Please remember to hit the 'yes' button to let VT know that my suggestions were useful! Thanks.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Falkland Islands Travel Answer Locations