Falkland Islands Travel Answers

change location

Port Stanley - Lagoon Bluff

by Blondie44blue Online Now Jan 9, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I will be in Fort Stanley for 1 day in March on a ship tour. One of the tours involves a bus ride followed by a 4 wheel drive vehicle over peaty land, not recommended for people with back issues. Does anyone know how long the 4 wheel drive portion of the trip is, as I have some back problems, but could stand it if it wasn't too long. Thanks

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • TheLongTone's Profile Photo

Re: Port Stanley - Lagoon Bluff

by TheLongTone Online Now Jan 9, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Surely your tour operator will be able to answer this question?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 10, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Yes, your tour operator should be able to guide you.

But you already have back problems. Although you might be able to stand a shorter trip, would the risk of spoiling the rest of your holiday with back pain be worthwhile?

The trip operator would take no responsbility if this happened, as the disclaimer for those with back problems is plain.

• TheLongTone's Profile Photo

by TheLongTone Online Now Jan 10, 2010 at 1:09 AM

If the tour operator can't answer the question it's not a very good omen.

• crazyman2's Profile Photo

by crazyman2 Online Now Jan 10, 2010 at 5:32 AM

Your tour operator will not advise you! They will stick to their disclaimer.

Leics. is right about not wanting to ruin the rest of your holiday ----and I guess that you are on a cruise from BA to Santiago or the reverse. So, you will not want to be stuck on the ship, in later ports, with a painful back whilst everyone else is ashore!

Also, your difficulties on the Falklands 4WD tour may ruin other passengers' fun.

So, do go ashore but don't do the 4WD option would be my advice. How about the double decker tour around Port Stanley? I can't remember all of the options when I called in there on the Golden Princess ---but I'm sure that there were quite a few!

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 10, 2010 at 8:23 AM

The tour operator won't advise anyone about the advisibility of taking the tour, of course...that's not what I meant.

But they should definitely be able to tell you roughly how long the drive is.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Falkland Islands Travel Answer Locations