Falkland Islands Travel Answers

change location
daryoush's Profile Photo

nightlife

by daryoush Online Now Feb 14, 2005 at 2:26 AM

my friends and i dont really know too about this island and was wondering what kind of nightlife we can expect. aslo prices of beer, food and so forth. anyone with any info

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: nightlife

by higbyny Online Now Feb 14, 2005 at 11:21 AM

Nightlife on the Falkland Islands? Look at the stars, if it doesn't rain, which it does frequently. It is mostly rural; the total population is less than 3000 of which about 1,500 live in Stanley., the Capital. Stanley is a small place with British character ( remember the war; the Argentinians call it Isla Malvinas). It is of interest because of it's uniqueness. You can cover all of Stanley by walking. I believe a small map showing all the stores and hotels etc. is available on the Web. I got it there two years ago before visiting it on a cruise. Enjoy it, but don't look for nightlife.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • daryoush's Profile Photo

Re: Re: nightlife

by daryoush Online Now Feb 14, 2005 at 1:23 PM

thanks a lot, we kinda expected it but had to ask.

• zweiblumen's Profile Photo

Re: Re: nightlife

by zweiblumen Online Now Feb 19, 2005 at 11:16 AM

For nightlife try The Trough by Hillside camp, live concerts by the Falklands resident blues/rock band "The Fighting Pigs" but you'd have to find out if they were playing on the days you plan to visit the islands. Otherwise there are a few pubs you could visit, Deano's Bar, The Victory Bar, The Globe Tavern, Malvina House Hotel to name a few.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Falkland Islands Travel Answer Locations