Fajardo Travel Answers

change location

Things to do in Fajardo

by maflynn Online Now Dec 25, 2007 at 6:40 PM

We are considering renting a condo in Fajardo in march 2008. Ages range from 20 - 50. Is there good snorkling? What about nightlife? We will be there during spring break. Any suggestions for activities?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • GaryGreer's Profile Photo

Re: Things to do in Fajardo

by GaryGreer Online Now Dec 25, 2007 at 6:48 PM

As you probably know, ferries to Culebra and Vieques depart Fajardo. There is an excellent park, raised walkways, Cabezos de San Juan. The rain forest is twenty-five minutes away. Luquillo beach, thought by many to be the best in PR is right there. There are numerous clubs, etc. with varied night life and a good number of Continentals (i.e. stateside folks). Snorkeling/SCUBA are off shore and can be accessed via rental boat.

Gary Greer

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Things to do in Fajardo

by maflynn Online Now Dec 26, 2007 at 6:43 AM

Thank you for the suggestions -- I find its difficult to plan a multi-generational trip that isn't dictated by a specific itinerary ("on tuesday we will all go to ...."). 1 of my sons are accompanying us -- with his girl friend-- last year they spent spring break in Acalpulco and while they don't want to replicate that experience they do want to have a little nightlife/barhopping fun with their contemporaries. As most of the group are avid fisherman/waterskiers, we thought Fajardo would be perfect for us.

• GaryGreer's Profile Photo

by GaryGreer Online Now Dec 26, 2007 at 8:02 AM

Dear MaFlynn,
    Your son can look forward to more night life in Fajardo than he had in Acapulco. The El Conquistador resort is there, as are numerous small bars for drinking and dancing. Puerto Ricans party. The ferry trip to Culebra can be a memorable experience. Culebra is actually closer to St. Thomas than to the main island of PR. The harbor is quite beautiful and hiking around can be fun since you can see a lot of birds. One can leave Fajardo in the morning, go to Culebra for a few hours and return to Fajardo in the afternoon. Vieques, too, is available by ferry and the trip is considerably shorter. It is there that you can visit the bioluminescent bay (mentioned by another VT member), but, likely, you would need to stay overnight. You are "water folks" so I suggest you go down to the harbor rent a small boat and get out to one of the nearby tiny islands. Beach the boat and put on your flippers. Take plenty of provisions because you won't want to come back for lunch or, maybe, even dinner.

BTW, my wife and I are thinking of renting a condo in Fajardo sometime this spring. We would appreciate hearing how you liked the place where you stayed.

Gary Greer

• Yanissepr's Profile Photo

by Yanissepr Online Now Dec 26, 2007 at 2:06 PM

Fajardo is one of the best choices in the island when it comes to different ages group. Couple of minutes (from 25 to 45 depending on the traffic) is also the Isla Verde and Old San Juan areas, where everyone in the family can enjoy. It is full of bars, clubs and dining places. If you take the coast going to Rio Grande (where the rainforest is) you can also enjoy nice sights. If you go down to Naguabo, you can find nice beaches to fish, but not for snorkeling and the seafood is ummmmm, from the sea to the table, very fresh. There are plenty of choices around Fajardo, my suggestion is to stop by one of the tourism kiosk at the airport and they will let you know some other choices around. Enjoy the island!!!

by misheln Online Now Jan 17, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Hi, I noticed that you want to rent a condo in Fajardo, so do we. We are planning to go in March as well, during spring break. 3/25 - 4/2. I have a family of 7 and out of those 7, I have 4 teenage kids, 3 boys and 1 girl. We are also water people, and plan on doing some water stuff. I'm actually puerto rican but I live in South Orange County, California. I have been to Puerto Rico many times when I was younger, and usually stay with family in the central part, which is in the country. I now want to stay close to the beach areas. We will stay in Fajardo for 3 nights and Humacao for the rest of our trip. Humacao is a very nice place too. It's a little more ritzy. I'm not sure of the night life, but I know my kids are wanting to do some night life stuff. As for snorkeling, we will be doing that for sure. I have taken the ferry to Viegues Island, and it was amazing. Beaches were bueatiful. You can do the Biolumnescent bay at night which I haven't done, but I hear it's something out of this world, and the best time to do that is when there is no moon, and I checked out the solar websites and there will not be any moon for the whole time we are going to be there(spring Break). We are thinking about doing it, but it is pricy. The snorkeling runs from 69.00 to 75.00 per person. The cheapest I've found was 69.00 on the catermran "TRAVELER" in Fajardo. They also do BIO BAY Kayaking for 45.00pp, there is Sunset cruises for 50.00pp. Jet skiing for 90.00p/h Kind of high, at least I think so, since we own our own Sea Doo's, but we cant take them with us. There is alot to do. I also plan on going to the different beaches around. They have gorgous beaches all over. The Rain Forest is a must do, as well as the Camuy Caverns & Worlds Largest radar/radio Telescope and going into Old San Juan and visiting El Morro Fort/ San Cristobal Fort. If you have any information on things to do for night life, let me know. I'm sure I can contact family and ask them, but they mostly stay in the central areas, away from the tourist areas. Well maybe we will come across each other during our stay, you will have a great time, I promise.

by maflynn Online Now Jan 20, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Thnak you for the information. Everything I'm hearing about the area sounds wonderful. I can't wait to go! But now its seems like the trip will be pushed back to May. Enjoy your trip

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Fajardo