Fairbanks Travel Answers

change location
CoyoteMedicine's Profile Photo

Vegetarian Fare in Fairbanks

by CoyoteMedicine Online Now Oct 24, 2002 at 8:49 AM

Any restaurant suggestions for a vegetarian in Fairbanks? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • youc0001's Profile Photo

Re: Vegetarian Fare in Fairbanks

by youc0001 Online Now Dec 5, 2002 at 12:22 PM

You probably won't remain a vegetarian for long here. Almost all the people I know who used to be vegetarians when they came up here, are no longer strict vegetarians. Everyone is always grilling out salmon or halibut in the summer (it gets sickening) and making moose stew in the winter. I can't really think of any vegetarian restaurants in Fairbanks. Most restaurants have salads or veggie sandwiches.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • wolftrapper's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Vegetarian Fare in Fairbanks

by wolftrapper Online Now Mar 15, 2003 at 4:40 PM

Your going to be working for athabascan indians...........just go to their native potlatches. There might be some plants to eat there..........hahaha.

• vegangel's Profile Photo

Re: Vegetarian Fare in Fairbanks

by vegangel Online Now Jul 13, 2004 at 2:13 PM

Hi! My boyfriend and I (both vegan) will be in Fairbanks for one day in August, and I was just wondering how it was going for you. I'm sure we'll be okay for our 24 hours or so, but any tips you've discovered would be greatly appreciated!

• Re: Vegetarian Fare in Fairbanks

by alaskatony Online Now Aug 13, 2004 at 4:51 PM

Two rivers Lodge at 16 mile Chena Hot springs road always has vegy specials or can do some exciting things with a gourmet flair. Call ahead and talk to the chef about a 3 course vegy meal and some great wines to match. usually about 20$.www.tworiverslodge.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines