change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ina08's Profile Photo

Tip for a restaurant to celebrate

Edinburgh Nov 24, 2014 at 7:09 AM

On Friday I will have my graduation ceremony at Edinburgh University (yes, I am a "mature" student, lol). Since we are busy on the Friday I would like to celebrate in a nice place the evening before.

What am I looking for? A nice, thoughtful atmosphere, setting and location, inspiring and attractive food and drinks, expense range: I would draw the line at 50 Pounds per person (it's a celebration, isn't it smiley??). We do not have a car and are staying at Portobello, so any place that is reachable by public transport or also by taxi will be fine.

I look forward to your suggestions. And maybe you'd like to join me for a drink on Saturday, I have posted a VT Meet.

more

Near Fair Isle

• Fair Isle Cemetery

by PhilPursley Online Now Jul 9, 2006 at 10:53 AM

Does anyone know how many existent cemeteries there are on Fair Isle? Has anyone surveyed the memorial stones or are there records of those who are buried? I am a descendant of some of those who left in the 1830s and would very much appreciate any information.

Thanks,

Phil Pursley

for more information on my Fair Isle ancestors check out my Home Page at
      familytreemaker.genealogy.co...

1 Answer Jul 9, 2006 at 11:19 AM
    • daarth's Profile Photo

Anybody been here?

by daarth Online Now Mar 14, 2003 at 2:56 AM

Would like to hear from any other VT'ers that have been to this fantastic Island in the Atlantic!

12 Answers Nov 27, 2004 at 6:23 PM