change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular FYR of Macedonia Travel Answer Locations

• Are the mosquitoes a problem?

Berovo Jul 19, 2014 at 3:05 AM

What about the mosquitoes, are they a problem by day or night?

4 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 4:15 AM
    • local bars / drinks

Berovo Jul 15, 2014 at 6:26 AM

travelling to Berovo in August and just wondering about the bars and the drinking culture in general ?

5 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • Camping at Lake Matka

Matka Jul 7, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Can anyone give me gps coordinates for camping at lake matka?

4 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 1:55 PM
    • GroundhogDave's Profile Photo

Skopje - Thessaloniki train tickets

FYR of Macedonia Jun 19, 2014 at 7:04 PM

I know that this service recently restarted as Greece had suspended all international trains at one point. VTers have told me this service is currently running. I am going to be making this trip in September. When I try to book the ticket here: tickets.trainose.gr/dromolog... it says that 'You cannot buy an e-ticket for this trip.' I have tried for earlier dates and got the same message.

I'm just a little worried as this route was only recently restarted. I will ask my accommodations in Skopje to try to book the ticket for me after July 1 when September becomes open for booking. Failing that, do you think we'll be able to book seats when we first get to Skopje, which is four days prior to when we leave for Thessaloniki?

Thanks!

8 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 2:15 PM
    • Skopje-Pristine train

Skopje Jun 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Hello,
      I am planning to go to Pristine from Skopje. Bus timetable of SAS does not suit my airplane departure time. I need to arrive Pristine at 14:00 most lately. What other options including train could be possible?
      Thx

9 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    • How to arrive from Thessaloniki (greece) to Ohrid (macedonia)

Ohrid Jun 2, 2014 at 7:07 AM

I've read lots of forums, but they are old. So I would like to know the best and safe way to go to Ohrid from thessaloniki airport in summer.
      Thank you in advance!

6 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 8:10 AM
    • Camping in Strumca

Strumica May 26, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Is there are camping side in or near Strumica, where we can go with our caravan in July/August?

7 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    • GroundhogDave's Profile Photo

Coming from Serbia, then on to Greece and Bulgaria

FYR of Macedonia May 15, 2014 at 7:45 PM

I've been doing some research on my upcoming Balkans trip in September, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to see the cities and towns I'm interested in. My wife and I fly into Budapest then will be heading to Belgrade for a few days. After that, I would like to go to Ohrid, maybe Skopje (but it is skippable for me), Thessaloniki, then on to Sofia to meet a friend.

I'm trying to figure out the most logical/direct way of going to these cities without spending the entire time in trains/buses/cars. I've done a lot of research and figured out several different ways to do it, but before I list them all, I'd like to hear what you knowledgeable VTers have to say. I don't mind driving if renting cars and crossing borders in them is a possibility and not incredibly expensive.

Thanks very much in advance for all your help!

11 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 12:30 AM
    • Art Necessities in Ohrid

FYR of Macedonia May 11, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Is there a shop in Ohrid where they sell quality art necessities ? oil paint, acrylic paint....

4 Answers May 16, 2014 at 6:32 AM
    • Is there any Internet Cafe in Skopje?

Skopje Apr 24, 2014 at 7:03 AM

I'm looking for an Internet Cafe in the city. I want to use a desktop computer that can burn DVD/CD-Rs. From Google searches, I cannot find any result. Could you tell me one if you know any, please?

1 Answer Apr 24, 2014 at 7:44 AM
    • bgdn's Profile Photo

healing sources

Valandovo Apr 21, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Where are curative mineral springs in Macedonia?

11 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 2:13 AM
    • cost taxi from ohrid airport to elshani village

Ohrid Mar 29, 2014 at 11:50 PM

What is the price of a taxi from ohrid airport to Elshani village?

13 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 2:38 AM
    • Albert Einsten

Skopje Mar 18, 2014 at 4:06 AM

Hello all,

I would like to know in which district is located the ALBERT Einstein str in skopje

2 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 10:27 AM
    • Ri0's Profile Photo

suggestion of travel agency

Skopje Feb 15, 2014 at 5:36 AM

i want to go to skopje macedonia im from philippines who can help me suggest of a travel agency that could support the whole application from visa to succesful travel? thank you

4 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 11:09 AM
    • guid for trip in Skopje

Skopje Oct 16, 2013 at 6:29 AM

we need a guid in september 2014

6 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 6:08 AM
    • mrsdrwick's Profile Photo

Yarn/thread in Skopje

Skopje Aug 27, 2013 at 4:29 AM

Does anyone know where I can purchase cotton yarn/thread in Skopje? I like to crochet, among other crafts, and have not been able to locate a source for basic textile materials other than small spools of thread and buttons.

1 Answer Aug 27, 2013 at 5:02 AM
    • how much money do i need with me

Ohrid Aug 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM

If i wanna stay in ohrid for 2-3 days how much can i spend on going outside drinking eating nightclubs ?

4 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    • Bus/coach from Bitola to Ohrid

Bitola Aug 1, 2013 at 12:16 AM

How long is the journey

2 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 7:39 AM
    • KalliopePL's Profile Photo

Small amphiteatre

FYR of Macedonia Jul 31, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Hello,

at the beginning of July I was travelling by bus from Poland to Greece (Thessaloniki to be specific) via Slovakia, Hungary, Serbia and Macedonia. And when we were in Macedonia I spotted a small ancient amphiteatre on the left side of the main road we were travelling to Greek border. Unfortunately I was too slow to be able to take a photo of it out of the window of the quickly moving bus. Is anybody able to help me to find a photos of this amphiteatre and it's name? It is a small site, visible quite well from the main road and there is a Macedonian flag standing close to it.

Cheers,
      Katarzyna

7 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    • 2nd of August

Ohrid Jul 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I wan to ask if anyone of you will go in Ohrid on 2nd of August?

2 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    • Weather in September

Ohrid Jul 16, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Hi,
      In the middle of September I am going to Ohrid. What kind of waether should I expect (temp, rainy etc) ?
      Is it Ohrid crowded in September ?
      Thanks in advance

3 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    • Boat trip

Ohrid Jul 16, 2013 at 5:54 AM

I have only 2 days and want to make a boat tour what do you suggest ? I Will stat in hotel service Liubanista

3 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 9:24 AM
    • mony exchange airport skopje

FYR of Macedonia Jul 3, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Macedonia and i have a question:

Can you easy change euro's at the Skopje aerport? Or is it not recommended because of the exchange rates?

Valerie

2 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 3:32 AM
    • renting a car in ohrid?

Opstina Ohrid Jun 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM

can we rent a car in ohrid without a credit card?

2 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Flights from Italy.

Ohrid Jun 6, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Are there daily flights from Italy to Ohrid?

3 Answers Jun 7, 2013 at 4:27 AM
    • Biljanini izvori

Ohrid May 17, 2013 at 7:53 AM

How far is it from the center - the statue od St. Cyril and Metodii to Biljanini izvori? Is it a long walk? Google maps give me about 2 km. but I want to ask someone who lives there or has alredy been there? Thank you!

6 Answers May 18, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    • DarkoT's Profile Photo

Poliklinika Bukurest

Skopje May 4, 2013 at 12:12 PM

What does hospital Bucharest derived its name from?I thhought it was because both of the cities faced earthquakes or something else..?just wandering,thanks

2 Answers May 4, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    • Ohrid to St. Naum monastery

Ohrid Apr 30, 2013 at 9:24 AM

HI! I would like to ask you if there are any public transport from Ohrid to the monastery St. Naum? Or where from I can see the schedule? Thank you!

7 Answers May 1, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    • DimaS22's Profile Photo

Transport Sv Naum to Recen

Ohrid Apr 20, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Hi, in beginning of June I'm planning to go Ohrid-Pogradec-Brajcino. Hence have a couple of questions:
      is there a bus from Orhid to Sv Naum border crossing? and how frequent/reliable it is?
      would it be easy to find budget accommodation in Pogradec/Tushemisht? Staying in a private house is ideal.
      Are there any taxis around Sv Naum that we could hire all the way to Brajcino (90km), how much would it potentially cost?

Thank you in advance, all advice and experience are greatly appreciated!

3 Answers Apr 20, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    • Bus from Sofia to Skopje

Skopje Apr 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Hi there! I want to travel from Bucharest, Romania to Skopje - Pristina. I found out how to get from Skopje to Pristina, but I would like to know more abt the buses from Sofia to Skopje (where can I take them from, the time table, if I can buy tickets there and in euros etc.)
      Any kind of information will be much appreciated :)

Thx!

16 Answers Sep 18, 2013 at 1:13 PM