Eyvindarhólar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Restaurant Opening Hours

Reykjavík Aug 21, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Roughly what time do restaurants open for breakfast in Reykjavik?

more
    • Excursions-Northern Lights & Ice caves

Iceland Aug 4, 2015 at 12:55 AM

What are the best times of year to the see the Northern lights? From which areas have you seen them best/have you gone on tours or self guided views?

Wondering the same questions about exploring ice caves!

more
    • Whale watching to do or not to do... November

Reykjavík Aug 15, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Hello

I will be in Reykjavik for 5 days in November. I have tours booked on first three days. I depart at 16.30pm on the Tuesday. I can't decide whether to do whale watching tour on the Monday and Blue Lagoon on my way to the airport on Tuesday or whether to skip the whale watching tour and do the Blue Lagoon on the Monday and then relax on the Tuesday. Has anyone done Whale watching in November and would you recommend it?

Thank you.

Regards
      Colleen

more
    • Can drive 2wd in Nov?

Iceland Aug 26, 2015 at 11:46 AM

I will go to iceland 1-15 nov alone. I will rent a car. I can't decide about 2wd or 4wd because 4wd very expensive for me. Can I use 2wd ?
      Ps. Sorry about my grammar

more
    • Warning Íshestar riding center

Iceland Aug 17, 2015 at 1:50 PM

This company offers various types of short and long riding tours. Recently I've heard about one woman having her vacation in Iceland ruined from breaking her arm after falling of a horse when riding with this company and then I heard about another woman falling off her horse during a tour with this company. What's going on here? Is it bad luck? Are these isolated incidents? Is riding horses just that dangerous and difficult in general? Or is there something wrong with this company?

I'm no expert when it comes to horses so I'll admit that I don't know how normal or abnormal all of this is but I certainly won't be advising anyone to use the services of Íshestar.

more
    • lesliench's Profile Photo

How to go to dettifoss with 2wd car

Iceland Aug 9, 2015 at 4:30 PM

i only rent a 2wd car. i find the map that there are only two road connect to dettifoss. one is 864, another is F862.

Which road is suitable for 2wd car?

more
    • Northern Lights

Iceland Aug 15, 2015 at 1:20 AM

For as long as I can remember I've craved to see the northern lights. Thinking about flying out to Reyjakvik - hiring a car and doing our own thing.

Any suggestions as to the optimum time to see the northern lights - what are the driving conditions liable to be like - do we need snow chains and how far would we have to drive to see the northern lights from Reyjavik. Did think of seeing them from Norway but Trondheim etc is so way out in the wilds don't think this is practical.. Also suggestions for sight seeing - we're not into hiking - caves OK provided there are not a lot of stairs

Many thanx

more

Near Eyvindarhólar