change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• pkhrjhdh's Profile Photo

Keflavik between flights

Keflavík Aug 10, 2014 at 4:39 AM

Hi - We have 5 hours (8 hours in total - just allowing for checking in and out) between flights and just wondering best way to get into Keflavik town for a couple of hours for lunch and stretch our legs - we have been to Keflavik before, we stayed in a B&B overnight as we had an early flight back home, so we know what to expect. - and before anyone says - no, we do not want to go to Blue Lagoon!
      Also is there a place to leave our luggage while we do this?

more
    • Cheap Campingstore

Reykjavík Aug 18, 2014 at 3:17 AM

Hay! I'm going to travel to Reykjavik. I'm planning on camping all the time. I need to get to a campingstore in Reykjavik for some supplies. Anybody has a place for that?
      Also: they say wild camping is prohibited in Reykjavik... Is it easy to do wild camping? Is there space? What should i look out for when wild camping (locationwise). Thanks!

more
    • Road to Askja

Iceland Aug 10, 2014 at 9:34 AM

What is the current status of the road Askja for 4x4?

more
    • prebook trips?

Iceland Jul 28, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Hi all,
      I am travelling to Iceland for 4 days mid August. I intend to cram as much into those days as possible ...Is it best to prebook activities/ day trips online before arrival? Has anyone had experience of not prebooking and then the trips being full already when you turned up?
      Thanks!!

more
    • A bit of a random one! Icelandic Literature

Iceland Jul 26, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Hi

My fiance and I got engaged in Iceland last year and so of course the country means a lot to us! I'm not actually seeking travel advise but just being hopeful that someone out there might be able to help us source an Icelandic reading for our wedding - I've done a bit of web searching but not having much luck!

so if there are any Icelandic literature/poetry fans out there with any suggestions I'd be very grateful!

more
    • Tips for 4x4 Iceland trip (end sept to mid october)

Iceland Jul 25, 2014 at 2:52 AM

Hi
      We plan to rent a 4x4.
      Duster/Gimny is 1100 EU for 2 weeks
      Landcruiser with 35" is about 1800 for 2 weeks.

Now, if F roads are closed, LC is a wasted rental.
      What all places do you suggest with the LC.

Our plan is
      6 nights near Gulfloss in a cottage (make day trips, including one far away to Jok lagoon with floating icebergs)
      Then about 3 or 4 nights in myvatn area for lava and stuff

Rest of the nights in "west" or "east".

Question. Do we go west, or with the puffins and all gone, its better to do the east coast instead?
      We want to see 3-4 big waterfalls including one you go to the back off
      Atleast 2-3 massive glaciers(visible from road?)

I see 35" tired vehicles driving on glacier. Which one is that? Wanna do that(good experience snow driving in Himalaya)

And that pyramid mountain too!

Please give us some tips!

more
    • Early october : Pre-book or not

Iceland Jul 30, 2014 at 11:06 PM

We are going to iceland for 16 days in early october.
      Would do it counter clockwise.

Or otherwise depending upon weather.

I am wondering, do we need to book in advance.
      Our plan is to take cottages with kitchen 3-4 nights in
      South,
      South-east
      Myvatn
      Northwest
      West
      And the back to Reykjavik

more
    • About Road 939

Iceland Jul 26, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Hi there,

Does anybody know what's the name (if it has one) of the stream that runs parallel on the left (heading north) to Road 939?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Late October Iceland Trip - Good Time of Year?

Iceland Aug 13, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Hey All!

I'm looking to travel to Iceland in late October for about 5 days and was curious to know if this time of year is worthy of the trip. I know a lot of excursions talk of Summer or Winter being the best time of year but October sort of falls inbetween. Just so you know, my friend and I are in our late 20's and like to not only see things but DO things as well. So any insight you can provide on adventurous tours or excursions will be appreciated as well. Looking forward to hearing advice from all of you experienced Iceland travelers! Thanks!

more
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

What is this place in Iceland?

Iceland Aug 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM

I found this place on Google Earth, completely by accident, and now I can’t find it again. It was this place were the ground was covered with moss, and there were several small lakes, and the lakes had some rocks and islands. It was in a pretty remote part of the country.
      I remember I was looking for places where there are forests, so it must be somewhere in or near a forested area, which should narrow it down quite a bit. I think it was in the north of the country, but I’m not 100% sure. The areas was also flat, no mountains. It might’ve been a national park or reserve. It was REALLY REALLY green. Like ridiculously green. It looked like something from Lord of the Rings. I’ve never seen any place like it before.
      Any ideas?

more

Near Eyvindarhólar