Exeter Travel Answers

change location

Torquay and Exeter. Place of interest?

by gsem980 Online Now Oct 5, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Hi guys,

I will be spending a few days in Torquay next week. Can someone please let me any good sight-seeing places to go?

And I would like to spend a night in the budget hotel there. Any good recommedation?

Thanks in advance. Ciao!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Torquay and Exeter. Place of interest?

by leics Online Now Oct 5, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Exeter is well worth visiting. It has a lovely,ancient cathedral and is a very pleasant town to wander around. Look at the VT pages, and download the 2008 Visitor Guide here:

exeter.gov.uk/index.aspx?art...

There are lots of pretty and/or interesting places around the Torquay area Kents Cavern (might be a bit touristy these days), the classically 'English' village of Cockington (ditto), cliffside walks, the edge of Dartmoor (wild beauty, prehistory), Widecombe-on-the-Moor (The Rugglestone Inn is a good pub), Buckfast Abbey.... You will need a car to see many/most of these though.

You'll probably be better off looking at a b&b rather than for a 'budget' hote: the area is a popular holiday destination even in October. Start by looking at the official tourist info site:

http://www.englishriviera.co.uk/

which lists all accommodation and info on places to go/things to see. Also look at visitsouthdevon.co.uk/site/h...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • raquelitalarga's Profile Photo

Re: Torquay and Exeter. Place of interest?

by raquelitalarga Online Now Oct 6, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Brixham is a lovely, small fishing town. Easy to get to on the bus from Torquay, as is an afternoon in Babbacombe (lovely cliffs, beach and the picturesque Cary Arms pub).
    Don't forget Dartmoor National Park (with it's wild ponies).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines