Évora

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Easter week around marvao area

Évora Monte Apr 8, 2014 at 6:38 AM

We are driving from the algarve and want to stay in a castle in northern alentejo and take in Easter activities and sites. We have already enjoyed monsaraz where we spent two nights. Have not explored north of elvas. Open to any suggestions

more
    • AlohaLinda's Profile Photo

Arriving at the bus station!

by AlohaLinda Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Is there storage for luggage, my B&B host is not available until Iater in the eve and I arrive in the mid afternoon! HELP! Thank you!

3 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 4:52 AM
    • styxgirl's Profile Photo

hop on/off buses?

by styxgirl Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I would like to take a bus from evora to faro. ive seen the bus route and would like to see the cities portel,vidigeira, and beja, which are on the bus route.can i get off at these locations then take another bus at a later time without having to pay more money?thx for all the help

1 Answer Aug 15, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    • styxgirl's Profile Photo

castle

by styxgirl Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 9:37 PM

i would like to visit evora-monte and the castle while i'm in evora.is there a bus to this town?i looked on line but without it being in english it is difficult for me to understand.would like to spend a hour or 2 there then go back to evora then to lisbon in same day

9 Answers Apr 2, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    • Trains/Buses?

by heronenl Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Seeking public transportation options traveling from Tavira to Evora on May 11, 2013.

3 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 4:10 AM
    • Travel

by heronenl Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Seeking public transportation options traveling from Tavira to Evora on May 11, 2013.

1 Answer Mar 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    • piglet44's Profile Photo

stay in Evora or outside?

by piglet44 Online Now Mar 29, 2010 at 1:11 AM

we are coming by car from Castelo de Vide and will visit sites of Evora for 2 days in July. Should we stay in Evora itself or base ourselves somewhere nearby (Moura? Estremoz?) we dont want a fancy poussada ,just a nice clean little residencial.

It seems that most of the places within the city are very expensive, and the ones that arent seem to have bad reviews on here. Also is parking going to be a problem inside the city? thanks all.

5 Answers Apr 28, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

is there a covered market somewhere in evora that sell food, veggy and stuff?

by 9tigers Online Now Mar 21, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I always like to visit some local market.

3 Answers Mar 22, 2010 at 6:16 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

many questions regarding day trip from lisbon to evora

by 9tigers Online Now Mar 17, 2010 at 9:12 AM

1) does the train ride to evora really take 3 hrs, if then should I catch a train from lisbon 6AM?
      2) Chapel of bones, is it really worth it to go in and see? or it is just too creepy? does it cost 2 euro? or it is more like donation
      3) The Roman Temple, this is just a pic taking thing right, seems not much to it
      4) Cathedral, it costed 1 euro is it donation or? worth it to go in?
      5) Inquisition palace , is it worth to go in? how much?
      6) CIty council of Évora
      Palace of Vasco da Gama
      Palace of the Dukes of Cadaval
      Palácio D. Manuel
      Palace of The Counts of Basto
      all worth it to go in or just taking pic outside?

7) Silver Water Aqueduct it seems to be outside of the town, how do I get there and back? any bus from center of the town?

8) also I heard the wines here are good too, can I easily get them from the store? how cheap is it?

9) if I get to evora by 9, what time do I need to leave if I want to see all before I leave? 6PM enough?

many thanks I know I asked a lot of question at once
      7)

10 Answers Mar 20, 2010 at 6:31 AM
    • Evora Bus Question

by vickybob Online Now Sep 10, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Does anyone know if there is a toilet on the regular bus from Lisbon to Evora and return? Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 6, 2009 at 11:33 AM
    • Apartment?

by dougdnh Online Now Aug 25, 2009 at 8:10 AM

We are planning to visit Evora in early october, and are hoping to find a centrally located apartment to rent for about 1 week. We would prefer something that has cooking facilities. Does anyone have suggestions?

1 Answer Jul 6, 2013 at 2:59 AM
    • B and B or similar

by shunter151 Online Now May 17, 2009 at 2:47 PM

I see that there a number of hotels in Evora but can anyone recommend a guesthouse type place?
      If possible I would prefer something like this as I feel as if I get to see a more local side of life.We will be on public transport so that is a definite consideration
      Thanks for any advice

3 Answers May 18, 2009 at 4:09 AM
    • jkruiger's Profile Photo

wall tablet

by jkruiger Online Now Nov 6, 2008 at 4:23 AM

Member Search

Hi! In Evora I saw this wall tablet with a cross and two chopped arms: flickr.com/photos/63774505@N.... Does anyone know what this symbol means and on what kind of building it was?
      (It probably was in the Rua Serpa Pinto.)

Thanks!

10 Answers Nov 7, 2008 at 11:47 AM
    • Bus Between Seville and Evora?

by stevenchristie Online Now Oct 9, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Hi everyone,does anyone know if there is a bus between Seville and Evora at all? Thanks,Steven,Scotland

2 Answers Oct 10, 2008 at 1:09 AM
    • wanderingtheworld's Profile Photo

Traveling alone to Evora in late November..will it be cold..imean very cold?

by wanderingtheworld Online Now Sep 28, 2008 at 3:53 PM

Hi, I will be staying in Evora in late November then heading on to Sintra, Portugal. What can expect from the weather? Also is Evora less expensive then Sintra and Lisbon? Very excited about my trip. Thanks in advance

2 Answers Sep 29, 2008 at 4:26 AM
    • Evora to Badajoz by bus

by allaynew Online Now Nov 12, 2007 at 6:21 PM

Does anyone know how to get from Evora to Badajoz by bus? I am looking at travelling this route in April 2008 but I can't find information on bus timetables? Can anyone assist with information? I have emailed the Evora Tourist Office but have not had a reply. It may have something to do with my dodgy Portugese language skills!

Thank you.

3 Answers Nov 15, 2007 at 6:42 PM
    • Travel Time & Distance to Tavira

by heidic Online Now Sep 1, 2007 at 10:01 PM

Does anyone how far it is between Evora & Tavira. How long is driving time?

Thanks

4 Answers Sep 8, 2007 at 8:32 AM
    • Help please!

by velaana Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 3:12 PM

Hi! I would like to ask for some help... does anyone knows how can I go from the bus station to the city center? is it a long distance walking? or do you need to catch a bus or a taxi? and my second question is about the accomodation, I ll be spending two months there, does anyone knows where can I rent a room in a share flat??? well, at the moment that´s it :S thanks for your help!

2 Answers Apr 7, 2007 at 11:34 AM
    • pecsihornet's Profile Photo

Dolmens from Evora

by pecsihornet Online Now Feb 24, 2007 at 11:33 AM

Hi,
      Could you please let me know how I can reach the dolmens from Evora? By bike? By bus?
      Thanks
      Gabor

5 Answers Feb 27, 2007 at 7:02 AM
    • Sunday in Evora

by taylorone Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 5:16 PM

We will be arriving Saturday, probably not until around 5 and then want to tour around Evora on Sunday. What will be open? My husband especially wants to see the Chapel of Bones. Will we be able to get into the Chapel -- or will it be closed for Mass in the Church?

1 Answer Feb 11, 2007 at 5:11 PM
    • Yazminineurope's Profile Photo

Pleaseee Help!!! From Evora to Cordoba?

by Yazminineurope Online Now May 22, 2006 at 1:43 PM

Hello guys!!! I was wondering if theres a trasport... bus/train from Evora to Cordoba, does anybody know anything about this? thanks :)

3 Answers May 24, 2006 at 8:08 AM
    • Jazzop's Profile Photo

Evora to Seville

by Jazzop Online Now Apr 18, 2006 at 10:36 PM

I'm on my third try for organising my trip. Does anyone know it's possible to catch a bus or train to Seville from Evora. I've searched and searched and can't find a thing.

Cheers

5 Answers Mar 6, 2008 at 5:08 PM
    • Jazzop's Profile Photo

Transport to Tavira

by Jazzop Online Now Apr 15, 2006 at 8:24 PM

Can anybody please suggest the best way to get from Evora to Tavira. It seems that Eva buses can do it via Lisbon and Faro but as I don't want to back track if I can help it.

Can I catch a train to Faro via Beja and then bus from the train station to Tavira? If so how do I organise this?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

Thankyou

2 Answers May 14, 2006 at 5:27 AM
    • Hotel Review

by JaneMacL Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 2:17 PM

I am travelling to Portugal in June and hope to stay for a few days in Evora. Has anyone stayed in Hotel Solar de Monfalim, it looks traditional and in a good location but can't find any reviews.
      Any ideas for' must sees' or unusual places to visit in the area. Is it easy to drive to other destinations in Alentejo?
      Obrigado

4 Answers Mar 27, 2007 at 7:42 PM
    • Trains between Evora and Spain??

by mariannewims Online Now Aug 30, 2005 at 1:54 PM

Hi all,
      I'm going to be in Islantilla, Spain for a week and would like to pop up to Evora for a night.
      I was told that it's about a 2 hour drive, is this accurate?
      Also, I've been trying to look up train timetables in both the Spanish and Portugese sites but can only check national timetables.
      Does anyone know if it's possible to travel from Islantilla to Evora by train or bus?

I'd really, really appreciate it if anyone could help me!!

Marianne.

1 Answer Sep 2, 2005 at 10:04 AM
    • NEED HOTEL INFORMATION

by wifey Online Now Apr 20, 2005 at 5:52 PM

We are going to be in Evora in September and need some help.

Does anyone know anything about Albergaria Vitoria Hotel in Evora?? It is a small one with only 48 rooms and I cannot find out much about it.

Thank you Vters. Esther & Mike

1 Answer Apr 21, 2005 at 4:29 PM
    • robine's Profile Photo

Getting to Evora

by robine Online Now Sep 15, 2004 at 5:04 AM

We're considering Evora as a short-break destination (coming from London) to celebrate my wife's birthday early next month. Do any travellers who know it have advice on: - 1) whether they think this a good idea; 2) getting there from Lisbon (train? bus? hire car?); 3) mid-range accommodation; 4) and/or unmissable places to see and in which to eat? Many thanks in advance for any and all tips, Robin

14 Answers Sep 10, 2005 at 10:30 AM
    • Overnight within the city walls

by ramblingrose Online Now Apr 23, 2004 at 5:34 PM

My mother and I will be in Evora on a Friday in September. We would like to stay within the city walls The Pousada dos Loios is over 200 euro a night which is more than I want to spend. Any other suggestions for a place to stay? Obrigada

4 Answers May 15, 2004 at 9:23 AM
    • nolnol's Profile Photo

faira alternativo?

by nolnol Online Now Mar 21, 2004 at 6:15 AM

hey, a couple of years ago i was traveling trough portugal and living in oporto, once i went to a "feira alternativa" in evora, it was a kind of alternitive festival and met lots of great people, i think it was around september, after that we all went to sintra. I would like to know the exact dates if it still exists, so maybe i come again this year. thnx n grtz, kim

1 Answer Jun 14, 2004 at 8:26 PM
    • johnsakura's Profile Photo

Information on Evora

by johnsakura Online Now Feb 1, 2004 at 5:13 AM

Just contact me for further information on this beautiful town. cheers

2 Answers May 12, 2006 at 8:27 AM
    • Room in Évora

by BenMendoza Online Now Jan 9, 2004 at 2:22 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a room or a small apartment in Évora for 5/6 months (feb-july) for a girl. Do you know any room/flat for rent? cheers, Ben

1 Answer Feb 1, 2004 at 5:00 AM