Évora Travel Answers

change location

Hotel Review

by JaneMacL Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 2:17 PM

I am travelling to Portugal in June and hope to stay for a few days in Evora. Has anyone stayed in Hotel Solar de Monfalim, it looks traditional and in a good location but can't find any reviews.
Any ideas for' must sees' or unusual places to visit in the area. Is it easy to drive to other destinations in Alentejo?
Obrigado

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

RE: Hotel Review

by Maurizioago Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 2:26 PM

Must see in Evora? Visit the Cathedral and its museum. Go to Evoramonte and visit the castle. This is quite empty, but it is nice and there are several white houses into its walls.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Hotel Review

by Maurizioago Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 2:27 PM

Have a look at; "www.tripadvisor.com". Perhaps you can find some reviews on that hotel there.

I stayed at Pensao Policarpo in Evora. It is a beautiful pension in an old house.

Ciao!

• robine's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Hotel Review

by robine Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 4:48 PM

I strongly recommend the Hotel da Cartuxa, Travessa da Palmeira 4, Evora 7000, where we stayed very happily last year.

• Re: Hotel Review

by imtheking Online Now Mar 27, 2007 at 7:42 PM

I am staying at Solar de Monfalim in July. I got the recommendation from the Karen Brown travel guide to Portugal. Karen has been a source for great places to stay for years. She has never guided my family to a bad place, rather only exceptional places. I have not been there before. Good luck.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines