Évora Travel Answers

change location

Overnight within the city walls

by ramblingrose Online Now Apr 23, 2004 at 5:34 PM

My mother and I will be in Evora on a Friday in September. We would like to stay within the city walls The Pousada dos Loios is over 200 euro a night which is more than I want to spend. Any other suggestions for a place to stay? Obrigada

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Overnight within the city walls

by ramblingrose Online Now Apr 23, 2004 at 5:44 PM

I apologize I posted the question with only a glance at the rest of the forum. I'm not necessarity looking for cheap accomodations but more moderate priced. I did find a couple of suggestions in the cheap sleeps questions. However any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cabessas's Profile Photo

Re: Overnight within the city walls

by cabessas Online Now Apr 24, 2004 at 3:46 AM

Hi! You can try Hotel da Cartuxa, which is **** hotel in the center of Évora. For more info check www.hoteldacartuxa.com. I think the prices can go to 150 Euros per night for a double. Cheers, Alberto

• kmcabe1's Profile Photo

Re: Overnight within the city walls

by kmcabe1 Online Now May 15, 2004 at 6:30 AM

I just booked the following pensao. It looks very pretty. It is also very inexpensive 30 euros and up (high season) and it includes breakfast. Good luck. pensaopolicarpo.com/english/...

• Re: Re: Overnight within the city walls

by ramblingrose Online Now May 15, 2004 at 9:23 AM

Thank you for your responses. I tried several hotels/lodgings and kept getting a reply that there was no vacancy. I was finally able to book a room at Albergaria do Calvario. The last weekend in September must be a popular time to visit.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines