change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Boat renting and lodging

by njspidey Online Now 3 hours ago

Hi,

Can anyone point out where can I rent canoe/kayaks preferably inside the everglades park? Also suggest any lodges, cabins near the east entrance of the park?

Thanks

1 Answer 1 hours ago
    • Canoe Trails

by bindadav77 Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Hi,

My wife and me wish to go on a Canoe trip in the end of April 2014. As far as we know there are only two options for that: Flamingo or Gulf Coast.

Which one is better?

Is there a chance of low water level in the end of the dry season?

Thanks

4 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    • how long does it take

by antant20 Online Now Nov 10, 2013 at 6:43 PM

how long does someone need to stay to see everything in the park

4 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    • Visiting the Everglades for the day from Naples Florida

by acreo038 Online Now May 7, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Hi there,
      My friends and I are visiting Naples, Florida this month (May) and wanted to take a day trip to see the Everglades. Does anyone have any good suggestions as to what we should do/ see? We love the outdoors and wouldn't mind hiking, boat rides, etc. What would be a good itinerary for the day? Thank you in advance. :)

4 Answers May 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    • CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

2-3 days in Everglades National Park

by CruisingGoddess Online Now Oct 13, 2011 at 3:08 PM

We have 2-3 days to spend at Everglades National Park and was wondering what you suggest that we do and where should we stay (different hotels are fine)?

I've started researching but a bit overwhelmed by the different trails, tours, and options. Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Oct 14, 2011 at 5:24 AM
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Help Needed!

by mickey.p Online Now Oct 1, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Hi,

We are coming to Florida in December after spending 3 nights in NYC, we are then sailing with Carnival to Bahamas and on arrival back to Miami we were looking to drive to Sarasota for a few nights before spending 2 weeks in Orlando.

I thought it would be nice to visit the Everglades on the way and wondered about maybe staying overnight somewhere.

I remember visiting as a child but don't remember what we did there!

Can anyone tell me what there is to do with 2 12 year olds?

6 Answers Oct 6, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    • Worth going in late June?

by Bill2354 Online Now May 19, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Given the humidity and the bugs, is it really worth trying to spend a day in the Glades with my wife and teenage son? I've been told that the weather and biters make it not worthwhile at that time of year.

6 Answers May 20, 2011 at 10:44 AM
    • boating in Flamingo Campgrounds

by leonardf Online Now Jul 24, 2010 at 2:14 PM

What kind of boat rentals are available - canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, etc.?

• Flamingo Park facilities

by leonardf Online Now Jul 24, 2010 at 2:11 PM

New to camping - define drive-in sites, walk-up sites. Are there cabins to rent or is it only tents and RV's?

2 Answers Aug 2, 2010 at 8:43 PM
    • How to contact Flamingo Lodge

by grandma_honey Online Now May 5, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Does anyone have an e-mail address or phone number for this place? I'd like to find out about rates and availability for when we plan on being in the area.

2 Answers May 5, 2010 at 7:22 AM
    • We are first time visitors from WI, should we stay at the Flamingo Lodge, Marina,out?

by rjbz28 Online Now Feb 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Hi,

My lover and I are flying standby to RSW (Fort Myers Airport) this friday. We are on a time budget and price budget. This is our first time traveling together. We live in the country close to Lake Pepin on the Mississippi River.

This is Jeffrey's first time to Florida and Rebecca's first time to plan a trip on a budget.

Should we stay at the Flamingo Lodge and Marina and outpost?

How much should it cost per nite?

We are so excited to get away, we are in our mid forties and healthy but not looking for dangerous adventure. Just beauty and sun and nature.

Thank you for your time.

We leave Thurs. 25th at nite or Friday AM 26th from Minneapolis ST. Paul. and stay till Monday 29th.

Kind regards,
      Jeff and Rebecca from Stockholm WI

4 Answers Feb 25, 2010 at 5:35 PM
    • sunset cruises

by splashdog59 Online Now Jan 17, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I would like to get info on the sailing sunset cruise. I am leaving on the 28th of Jan. Thanks, Linda

1 Answer Jan 17, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    • jules2go's Profile Photo

Snorkle options from Flamingo Area of Everglades

by jules2go Online Now Dec 14, 2009 at 6:58 PM

My husband and I will be traveling through Florida end of December. We will be in St Augustine, maybe Miami or Florida City, before camping in the Everglades. We have reservations at Flamingo Campground. We have a friend in Key West with snorkle trip options, but we understand it will be an extremely busy time of year both to travel there or to join a boat trip snorkeling. Are there any options from Southern Florida Mainland? We will be taking walks, nature watching..is it warm enough for tent camping and swimming? Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Dec 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM
    • accomedations

by WLarrycranmer Online Now May 27, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Has the motel opened at flamingo national park?

2 Answers Jun 3, 2009 at 12:56 PM
    • Good hiking trails in or near Florida City

by charles.jeremy.smith Online Now Jan 23, 2009 at 7:00 AM

I am going with my wife to see the everglades in March and we want to do some day hikes. Can you recommend any good trails that will allow me to get a sense of the park and really experience the everglades. Thanks

• Best way to explore everglades - Airboat or ?

by darth_woods Online Now Jan 5, 2009 at 2:53 PM

We are 4 guys looking to see the everglades for a ½ to a full day.

We will be driving from Orlando to Miami, not sure where the best place to explore the park is.

We will be in Miami so a drive from there the the everglades would be fine as well.

I would love to see the nature, but think i would be scared ***less for snakes and alligators in a Canoo, so a safe but fun way would be prefered.

Thanks

9 Answers Jan 10, 2009 at 3:37 PM
    • Do you know a good airboat tour company?

by tasmania2000 Online Now Apr 29, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Do you know a good airboat tour company?

7 Answers May 16, 2008 at 7:40 AM
    • thebeatsurrender's Profile Photo

Everglades in late October

by thebeatsurrender Online Now Sep 17, 2006 at 8:39 PM

My company is doing an offsite in Miami in late October, and I think I'm going to stick around for a 1-2 day trip to the Everglades. I need your help with a couple of questions:

1. What are the most important things to do? My travel philosophy is neither super touristy nor super roughin' it -- i.e. i want to taste the real thing but don't particularly like to hike.

2. How bad are the mosquitos in late october? I just came back from 2 days in the amazon with 31 mosquito bites (scratch scratch). better or worse?

3. Anyone wanna come with me? None of my white-collar yuppie-type coworkers are the least bit interested, and i wouldn't mind some company (23, female, smoker -- on the prowl for gators, not hook-ups).

mimi

1 Answer Sep 23, 2006 at 10:33 AM
    • Airboat rides

by tallulah_b Online Now May 25, 2006 at 11:44 AM

Can anyone recommend a company to do an airboat ride? There seems to be a plethora advertised, and I'm sure some must be better than others...

11 Answers May 30, 2006 at 3:54 PM
    • Everglade day trip

by tanum Online Now Feb 15, 2006 at 2:36 PM

We are coming to South florida, and don't have much time. Is it worthwhile going to Everglades for a day trip? And if so what should I aim to do there? Like specific trails or tours or anuthing else. I am travelling with a 12 yr old, 10yr old and 4 yr old, what can we do for all the three age group?

Thanks a lot!

Tanum

3 Answers Jul 22, 2006 at 5:16 PM
    • Everglade day trip

by tanum Online Now Feb 15, 2006 at 12:57 PM

We are coming to South florida, and don't have much time. Is it worthwhile going to Everglades for a day trip? And if so what should I aim to do there? Like specific trails or tours or anuthing else. I am travelling with a 12 yr old, 10yr old and 4 yr old, what can we do for all the three age group?

Thanks a lot!

Tanum

• Tour comany or car hire?

by Shazzal Online Now Oct 21, 2005 at 10:54 AM

My boyfriend and I, are staying in Miami for a week over Christmas, we have a couple of days to go exploring.

We have not decided if we shoul hire a car and drive or join a tour bus?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

3 Answers Oct 22, 2005 at 6:46 PM
    • jeffrey49's Profile Photo

Please, everglades paddling info ASAP!!

by jeffrey49 Online Now Mar 29, 2005 at 12:40 PM

I'll be at Marco Island on Wednesday 4-5-2005 for 10 days or so. Very short notice, I do not have info on where I can secure a seakayak for some paddling down south. Guided or not, I am a very capable boater. Don't mind gong solo, but if someone would be in iterested in joining me, I'll pick up the$$'s.
      Thanks for any info on Marco, paddling, camping, fishing, etc...
      Jeff from Colo

• how is visit everglade n.p.in July?

by DEALERmon Online Now Feb 8, 2005 at 11:14 AM

Hi, I'm italian and I'm going to visit everglade n.p. at the end of july how is ?? Will be an horrible experience or is possible won't be so bad? Noone made it in the same month??

5 Answers Mar 5, 2006 at 6:57 AM
    • kayak shark valley

by tleotta Online Now Oct 31, 2004 at 11:01 AM

Has anyone ever kayaked shark valley down to the gulf?

• GUYON's Profile Photo

Tour in Everglades Swamps

by GUYON Online Now Sep 27, 2003 at 2:03 AM

I am looking for a tour which proposes a ride in the swamp which a high vehicle. I would prefer a tour going from the East part of Everglades near Miami. Thanks RAY

1 Answer Sep 27, 2003 at 5:01 AM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Fresh or salt water

by GUYON Online Now Sep 28, 2002 at 5:52 AM

Does the water in the Everglades are fresh or salted ? Is the tide visible in Everglades ? If the water is fresh, from where does it come ? RAY

4 Answers Feb 9, 2004 at 7:01 PM