Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Passport/Airline Ticket Name Mismatch

Chicago Nov 9, 2015 at 6:55 PM

I'm traveling from Chicago to Paris via Turkish Airlines this Thursday night, with a 3 hour layover in Turkey.

My girlfriend originally booked the ticket under my diminutive name, Nick, while my passport and Wisconsin ID display my full name, Nicholas. The ticket was booked through a travel agency, which was kind enough to get Turkish to cancel the original ticket and book the same flight and itinerary under my full name. However, that flight has now gone up in price considerably, so the only option I have left is keeping the original ticket (which wasn't cancelled after the agency realized the price went up).

Is this going to be major cause for concern? Turkish has repeatedly told me that they do not allow name corrections on tickets purchased electronically. Right now I'm thinking my best bet is to arrive at the airport way ahead of time and bring any and all supporting documents I can and talk to the ticket counter. Here's to hoping I come across a Turkish rep and TSA agent in great moods... Should I be losing sleep?

• Transport from Holiday Inn & Suites to Evanston

by rbrink Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 7:36 PM

I am staying at the Holiday Inn & Suites downtown Chicago and need to travel to Evanston. Please help me to find the best way to travel to Evanston. Train bus or taxi, I am looking for the cheapest way out.

1 Answer Aug 5, 2014 at 8:41 PM
    • Price of Taxi

by EldoraPhillips Online Now Jun 8, 2011 at 5:35 PM

What is the Taxi price for two from Amtrak Station in Chicago to
      Northwest in Evanston

3 Answers Jun 10, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    • Getting to All State Arena

by uglymug Online Now Jun 12, 2009 at 6:52 AM

Can I take a train of some sort to all-state arena from Evanston?

• Verdi Puccini Cafe/restaurant?

by amateurtraveller Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 4:26 PM

when i used to live in chicago some 9 years ago there was this italian restaurant that i love going to called Verdi Puccini Cafe/Restaurant, where
      at 7pm the servers would individually sing an aria or the restaurant still open because i couldn't see it in Evanston Travel Guide in this site?
      thank you for whoever takes the time to answer this query?

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Evanston Buick

by rmdw Online Now May 2, 2005 at 1:08 AM

Is there still a Buick dealership at 1033 Chicago Avenue?

The reason I ask is because I just heard a 1969 episode of The Lone Ranger. And they included all the ads from this dealership. Apparently back then they sold more Buicks than anyone else in the US.

1 Answer May 2, 2005 at 7:27 AM