change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nanadear's Profile Photo

transportation in Eugene

by nanadear Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Hubby abd I will be coming in on the Amtrak about 5pm on a Tues. and need to get to the Gateway mall before 6pm to pick up a rental car. What would be the best way to get from train station to Gateway Mall? Looking forward to driving thru OR, was told it is beautiful. Also any advice about a car trip from Eugene along the coast and then to Sacramento would be appreciated.

5 Answers Jun 25, 2010 at 10:08 PM
    • Traveling by foot from Eugene!

by mumz Online Now Mar 3, 2010 at 8:05 AM

Hi!

I've just begun researching a low-impact travel route from Seattle to Davis, CA (northeast of San Fran) for the month of August. I am aware of the Amtrack Cascade, which would get me as far as Eugene, and now am looking into traveling from Eugene to Davis, CA.

My curiosity lead me to google maps, which claims it will take 6 days on foot (i'm aware that this doesn't include sleep).

How difficult is the terrain south of Eugene? I understand there are steep mountains, but is it reasonable to travel via foot and camp along the way (in August)?

Recommendations for specific books are welcome.
      Thanks!

6 Answers Mar 4, 2010 at 12:34 PM
    • Under 21 Nightlife

by Foxxwray Online Now Jul 7, 2009 at 10:40 AM

I will be entering the University of Oregon this fall and I was wondering if there was any Eugene Nightlife for those under 21.

Thanks

1 Answer Jul 7, 2009 at 10:46 AM
    • hotcoaldance's Profile Photo

cheap decent place to spend the night...

by hotcoaldance Online Now Aug 18, 2008 at 10:54 PM

Hello friends!
      I'll consider suggestions about campgrounds as well as cheap motels.
      I'll be in Eugene on the 5th and Cottage Grove on the 6th for a couple of concerts that my friend and I want to go see. I imagine we'll be going to sleep really late, so a humble place is just fine for us. ...but safe, and clean would be great!
      By the way, is it true that in Oregon it is legal to crash with a tent on any rest-stop along the freeway?
      ...yes, we're 2 musician on a tight budget ;)

thank you so much!

livia

1 Answer Aug 20, 2008 at 2:15 PM
    • Bend to Eugene

by MichaelHitchings Online Now Jan 22, 2008 at 1:34 PM

We are visiting relatives in Bend, OR., and while we are here would like to travel from Eugene, OR., to San Francisco by Amtrak. Have sorted this, but want to know can we get from Bend to Eugene by bus or train?? Have looked into this but cannot find a way to do it!!

Our home is in Somerset, England. We came over last year and really loved Oregon, that's why we're returning and would love to travel down the West coast to San Francisco. So if there's anybody out there who can help us we'd be very grateful

6 Answers Jan 29, 2008 at 8:23 PM
    • lower willamette trail 'opening up'?

by bbrubaker Online Now Oct 21, 2006 at 12:48 PM

I was in Eugene a few months ago and got to explore the river trails only a bit. Does the Springfeild side of the trails just keep on going? I mean, do these trails connect Eugene/Springfeild with other (southern) cities?

• sublimesong82's Profile Photo

Advice on moving to Eugene..... Good places to rent from.

by sublimesong82 Online Now Mar 13, 2006 at 6:37 PM

I will be moving to Eugene in August and was wanting to know if any of you could give me some good advice on good places to rent from. My boyfriend use to live there and now he wants to move back and I'm ready to go. I have lived in Illinois my whole life and it's just not the place for me. Eugene seems like a place I would love to live. Any advice on moving there would be much appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Beth

1 Answer Apr 18, 2006 at 7:30 PM
    • It's me again...

by Katha81 Online Now Mar 1, 2005 at 6:04 PM

It is Tuesday now and I need to get a job this week because of the visa. Is there any possibility?

1 Answer Jun 9, 2005 at 2:17 AM
    • Job needed

by Katha81 Online Now Mar 1, 2005 at 6:02 PM

I'm a German visitor in Eugene looking for a summerjob. Any ideas? Where? It is very urgent!

1 Answer Jun 9, 2005 at 2:16 AM
    • going to check it out

by halfpast909 Online Now Feb 1, 2004 at 5:47 PM

I have never been to Eugene but want to go there and find a job and set up for a few months. Is it difficult to find a job in a bar of restaurant? How about a decent place to live?

1 Answer Jan 27, 2005 at 9:40 PM
    • Hiking

by KLS Online Now Apr 2, 2003 at 2:21 PM

How's the hiking in Eugene? Are there nearby mountains with trails? Are there lakes? Is it all like the Sierras?

5 Answers Apr 23, 2005 at 1:32 AM
    • Weather

by KLS Online Now Apr 2, 2003 at 2:18 PM

I notice that Eugene gets much more rain than Sacramento. Do you get much fog? Is the rain stormy rain, or is it usually overcast and steady rain? Thank you!

5 Answers Jan 27, 2005 at 10:04 PM