Ethiopia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Fruit Juices

Ethiopia Jul 15, 2014 at 9:03 AM

What is the average retail price for imported orange/apple 1 liter (1000ml) and 200ml juice in Ethiopia. 100% or nectar.?

1 Answer Jul 15, 2014 at 11:59 AM
    • Visa for Sudanese Citizens

Ethiopia Jun 24, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Does anyone know If a Sudanese citizen needs a visa to go to Ethiopia? If so how long does it usually take to get from Khartoum?

1 Answer Jun 24, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    • gleble's Profile Photo

Buses from Addis Ababa to Moyale

Ethiopia Jun 6, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Hi

Do you know which companies run the

Addis Ababa - Shashemene route ?
      Shashemene - Yabello - Moyale route ?

• Lido Hotel

Addis Ababa May 28, 2014 at 12:37 PM

It is located around the Ministry of Health in Addis Ababa. Anybody know how much Birr per night it is now for one person?
      Do they have internet? How much are the drinks?

1 Answer May 28, 2014 at 5:49 PM
    • Flights from Addis Ababa

Jinka May 18, 2014 at 9:34 AM

What is the nearest airport to jinka

1 Answer May 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM
    • My brother and I have a week in ethiopia starting and leaving from addis ababa

Addis Ababa May 6, 2014 at 12:01 PM

He is 25 and I am 21 we just want to experience Ethiopia. What should we do?

6 Answers May 9, 2014 at 2:26 PM
    • Is this really in Addis?

Addis Ababa Apr 24, 2014 at 3:10 AM

i am born n raised but i've never heard about these ppl who take you to some corners for traditional dance...sounds a lot like Morocco just never heard this happened in AA. Can someone please tell me exactly where this has happened to them?

1 Answer Apr 25, 2014 at 5:43 PM
    • IrishdI's Profile Photo

Vaccines- When traveling to Addis, is the yellow fever vaccine absolutely necessary?

Addis Ababa Mar 2, 2014 at 5:10 PM

When traveling to Addis, is the yellow fever vaccine absolutely necessary? Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 6:43 PM
    • vaccnations

Addis Ababa Feb 25, 2014 at 3:43 PM

What vaccinations are needed or recommended?

2 Answers May 6, 2014 at 3:25 PM
    • vaccnations

Addis Ababa Feb 25, 2014 at 3:41 PM

What vaccinations needed or recommended?

1 Answer Feb 25, 2014 at 5:54 PM
    • altitudes

Addis Ababa Feb 20, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Hi: )

I plan on going to Addis Ababas towards the end of April for 6days,

I am very excited but also worry about the high altitude.
      I am from the U.S.. I am a light smoker and also had anxiety in the past.Also I already suffer from headaches. I have doc appointment and im just nervous about the altitude and dont want this worry to ruin my once in a life time trip!! Please help!!

6 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    • ZekariasE's Profile Photo

tourism in hawassa

Ethiopia Jan 5, 2014 at 6:01 AM

who is the best tourist guide in hawassa

1 Answer Jan 5, 2014 at 7:12 AM
    • Omo valley tour

Ethiopia Dec 29, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Hi, I'm planning a trip to the Omo Valley and february and:
      Is anyone interested in sharing a tour (we are a couple)?
      How much should it cost a 6-7 days tour in the Omo Valley?
      Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 6:28 AM
    • Anywhere to watch NFL games?

Addis Ababa Nov 30, 2013 at 6:39 AM

I've been country for 4 months now and could really use a good American football game! Plus, my Broncos play the Chiefs tomorrow at 9pm local time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

6 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 1:21 AM
    • Life in Dire dawa

Ethiopia Nov 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Hi, i'm going in Dire dawa for work. Does somebody have any guidelines about life in Dire dawa? Is it safe, what are things that i have to be carefull about? Tnx

7 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    • Dangerous for women?

Addis Ababa Nov 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I was told that I shouldn't take my camera with me since it might be stolen. I am a woman and love to discover everything on my own. So do I have to be afraid?

6 Answers Dec 15, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    • AnaPana's Profile Photo

Self-Drive in Ethiopia

Ethiopia Nov 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Hi, everyone,

Can you please recommend a car hire company? I keep getting quotes for car hire + driver, and I would like to do a self-drive to the Omo valley.

Thank you,

Ana Maria

3 Answers Nov 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    • reg Shop online

Axum Oct 30, 2013 at 11:14 PM

hi....i am from India...can anyone tell me how to send the birthday gift to my husband ,who is staying in Aksum

• GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Things not to miss in Addis Ababa - photographically

Addis Ababa Oct 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM

We are going to be spending a few days and will have a chance to poke around Addis Ababa for a few days before we head out to explore other parts of Ethiopia.

As avid photographers, we are looking for interesting places for street photography as well as shooting cityscapes. The mercato looks to be a great place to see and photograph people. Any other suggestions and general tips would be appreciated.

3 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    • Need a hairdryer that will work in remote areas around Addis.

Addis Ababa Oct 23, 2013 at 8:19 AM

What hairdryer will work in the suburbs of Addis? What electrical requirements? Friends who've been say they haven't been successful with any combination.

6 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    • Immunization:

Addis Ababa Oct 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I received 2 days confirmation notice to go to Ethiopia (Addis Ababa) on business trip. I am taking the place of a someone who could not go. My stay is only 3 days. I leave in 2 days, should I make a rush appointment for immunization or does the short time there reduces my chance? . I read that immunization shots should be done 2-6 weeks before the trip. So wouldn't it be ineffective any way if I do? Please advise. Thank you
      FYI- I will be a major hotel, and will only eat the food provided there and at the business event.

12 Answers Oct 27, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    • ibnbatotah's Profile Photo

Best tour operator in Ethiopia?

Bahir Dar Sep 16, 2013 at 2:08 AM

I want to go around Ethiopia & I want to do it with a group.. I was wondering if i could find a very good tour operator in Ethiopia which do tours trips for groups?

Thanks

2 Answers May 29, 2014 at 5:35 AM
    • 7 Days in Ethiopia. What should I do?

Ethiopia Sep 8, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I'm transitting through Ethiopia for a work trip at the end of September and decided to take a week vacation in Ethiopia. I'm lookin for suggestions on what to do. Here is my current itinerary:

-Sep 25: arrive in Addis from Juba
      -Sep 26: meet with some friends who live in Addis but are only in town thru 27th. They have a business that I am interested in seeing. I anticipate seeing their business during the day, and checking out Addis in the evening.
      -Sep 27: meet with friends who live in Addis but are only in town thru 27th. Will probably spend day seeing their business, and checking out Addis in the evening.
      -Sep 28: morning flight to Lalibela, touring churches
      -Sep 29: Morning hike to monastery above Lalibela? Drive to Axum?
      -Sep 30: Spend day in Axum
      -Oct 1
      -Oct 2
      -Oct: depart Addis at 10:15pm

A few questions:
      1) I hear that there's a great monastery to hike to in Lalibela that is not a part of the 11 churches. I was thinking of doing this the day after touring the churches. If I did this though, I'd miss the flight to Axum that day. I could stay an extra night in Lalibela, or could I take some public transport to Axum in the afternoon?
      2) how much time do I want to spend in Axum
      3) how easy is it to travel from Axum to either Lake Tana or Bahar Dar? If I added one of them to the itinerary, what should I add?
      4) Should I go from Axum to Tigray? How easy is that?
      5) it seems that Meskel holiday will be in Lalibela September 27. Is this correct? Will it be hard to find a hotel? Also, I was planning on arriving in Lalibela on Sep 28 so I could spend time visiting my friends and their business in Addis on Sep 27. Should I ditch that to see Meskel holiday? Is it a once in a lifetime experience?
      6) There's a developing possibility that my work will ask me to stay in Ethiopia for a meeting in Addis October 8, which would give me more time in the country. If this happens, what do you recommend I add to my itinerary?

• Good travel agencies.

Ethiopia Aug 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Hello,
      Could any body guide the names of good travel agencies with whom I can take a tour of ethiopia for 5-6 days package.
      Thanks in advance.
      silkmurthy@gmail.com

7 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    • ArthurR's Profile Photo

Moving to Hamar Country in Omo Valley, SNNPR, Ethiopia

Ethiopia Jul 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I have been visiting Turmi in the Omo Valley for several years a couple of times a year for about 3 months each visit. This fall I am returning for 5 months this time. Many people in Turmi have suggested that I build a simple mud house in Turmi so that I don't have to use a hotel each time. My true wish is to live in Turmi 11 months out of the year. How does one go about getting a small parcel of land to build on. A simple mud house like every one else uses is sufficient for my needs. I just need a place that can be locked when I am away. A woman in Turmi already refers to me as her husband! I don't know how that happened but, oh well. Marriage out in the bush like this seems to have a very different connotation than it does in the rest of the world. I guess that I will cross that bridge when I get to it!

On a similar note, people in two of the Hamar villages close to Turmi, Kaina and Gabo, have suggested that I ALSO build a traditional home in one of their villages. Both villages have even offered to supply a bride for me!! I hope that some of you have information about the legality of a ferengi having a traditional Hamar home in a Hamar village.

8 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 7:53 AM
    • Clothes to take for 8 day business trip to Addis in June

Ethiopia Jun 2, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I've noticed t hat it's raining a lot in Addis during June when I will be there for eight days. I was wondering what people would recommend I take to wear. We will not be site-seeing and be only in Addis. However, we will most likely be walking. Many roads are not paved so I also wanted to know if I should take boots. I'm a nearly 60 year old woman.

• Vacation in Ethiopia

Addis Ababa Apr 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Hi,
      I am planning to backpack in Ethiopia sometime this November with my fiance. Please give me any details that would help me. Expenses. Food. Warnings. Places to visit. How many days would be required to cover several places of interest in Ethiopia. Do I need to take the help of a local travel agency. Last year we backpacked through central and Southern Sri Lanka for 11 days without the help of any travel agency. Is this possible in Ethiopia? Please give me some information on the above and any additional information would be really helpful.

1 Answer May 29, 2014 at 5:54 AM
    • Prole's Profile Photo

Advice on 4 day Ethiopia Trip

Ethiopia Jan 5, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Hi all,

A friend and I are planning a short break in Ethiopia from the 24-27 of January, and we plan to do a day each in Gonder and Lalibela, and a day in half in total in Addis Ababa.

We will be arriving in Addis on 24 Jan at 0655, spending the day sightseeing, We then plan to fly to Lalibela the next morning, arriving Lalibela 0840, with the whole day to see the rock-hewn churches. We fly to Gonder on 26 Jan, arriving at 1245, with the afternoon to visit the Castle complex. We will also have the morning of 27 Jan for sightseeing, as our flight back to Addis is not till 1315 that afternoon. We will reach Addis at 1420, and have about 5-6 hours to spend in Addis before our flight back to Kuwait at 2200 that night.

Our flight schedule looks like this:

24 Jan Kuwait- Addis Dep 0245 Arr 0655
      25 Jan Addis - Lalibela Dep 0740 Arr 0840
      26 Jan Lalibela - Gonder Dep 1050 Arr 1245
      27 Jan Gonder - Addis Dep 1315 Arr 1420
      27 Jan Addis - Kuwait Dep 2200 Arr 0145

I was hoping to get information / feedback on the following:

1. We’ve heard good things about Addis Regency Hotel, but considering our flight schedule, would it make more sense to find a hotel on Bole Road? If so, can someone recommend a good mid-range hotel on Bole Road?
      2. Having read a lot of questions on forums, we understand that booking internal flights at Ethiopian Airlines offices in Ethiopia would be a lot cheaper than booking them online. We were wondering if it would be wise to try and book our internal flights the day before we’re scheduled to travel, particularly as January seems to be the high tourist season in Ethiopia?
      3. We plan to stay at the Seven Olives in Lalibela and the Fogera Hotel in Gonder. Do you agree with our choice, or could you recommend a better hotel, in a good location, for better value.
      4. Could someone recommend a good guide in Addis for the day to show us around the sights? We’re thinking this would help us save time instead of trying to figure it out ourselves, as well as keep us away from neighbourhoods or people that we would want to avoid. Approximately how much would a guide cost us for the day?
      5. Should we arrange a guide in advance for Gonder and Lalibela, or will we be able to find one through the hotel, or even at the sight itself?
      6. If we do manage to see the National Museum, Mercato Market, Holy Trinity Church and the other sights in Addis on our first full day there, what would you recommend we do for the 5 hours we would have on 27 Jan, while we wait around to catch our flight back home?

Apologies for the long post, and thanks in advance for your advice.

Ashley

2 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM
    • hannette's Profile Photo

Accomodation near airport

Addis Ababa Dec 18, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Hello,

Does anyone know of budget accomodation close to Bole Airport in Addis?
      We are arriving in the evening and leaving on another flight early in the morning.
      Is it possible to stay over at a lounge in the airport or are their any budget ho(s)tels?

Thanks!

2 Answers May 29, 2014 at 5:38 AM
    • simien mountains in ethiopia

Debre Libanos Dec 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Hello,
      We would perhaps go to the simien mountains for 3 or 4 days.
      In that case we have to hire things (a tent ...).
      Who did such a trip?
      Could you tell us more.
      Many thanks.

1 Answer Dec 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM