Ethiopia Travel Answers

change location

Awassa to Arba Minch

by okaloocha Online Now Feb 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I will need some assistance about the road conditions and rest areas travelling frist from Addis to Awassa.

The next day we will be heading Arba Minch from Awassa and the same day back to Addis. Would I survive?:) What abou the road conditions and standards of the hotels to sleep in Awassa.

What about to eat any known franchises in one of those cities?

Would be a hassle to ask but any medications or injections to have before heading to Ethiopia(apoligise to ask this)

In major cities such as Arba and Awassa, would the mobiles work?

As you can guess this is a business trip:)

Thanks all...

Read more: World Travel Forum

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Awassa to Arba Minch

by messele Online Now Feb 22, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Fortunately the your place of travel is very convenient. Awassa has got a number of standard hotels including the hotel of the famous athelet haile G/silassie. The name of the resort is "haile resort". As for the road condition, it is superb. it's an asphalt road from the capital addis to awassa and from Awassa to Arbaminch. You can get your choice of transportation be it car hire or bus or minibus transporation. food is good although i don't have much of an idea as to what kind of food you prefer wuile traveling. In general i can assure you you have nothing to worry about. Unfortunately there are only local franchise hotels in Awassa and araba minch and i am afraid these hotels are somehow below standard

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Ethiopia Travel Answer Locations