Estonia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• SIM with data in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania

Estonia Jun 19, 2014 at 4:51 AM

I'll be visiting Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania shorlty. Does anyone know a single mobile company that provide internet access in these 3 countries? I'd prefer to buy a pack with a few GB.

more
    • Shops with food

Saaremaa Jun 18, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Hi, I want to travel with bike and tent through Estonia. Its difficult to carry a lot of food. Where could I buy supplies in Saaremaa? Certainly in Kuressaare. But anywhere else? And at weekend? Thank you

more
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Early morning taxi

Tallinn Jul 9, 2014 at 10:25 PM

I have to be at the airport for a 6 am flight. What time does the taxi services begin from the city and what would I be expected to pay at such an early time

more
    • jenot's Profile Photo

rent a tent

Hiiumaa Jun 19, 2014 at 9:59 AM

can I rent a tent somewhere in Hiiumaa??

more
    • waraney's Profile Photo

Ferry on 31 December 31

Tallinn Jun 26, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Hi all.
      I need information whether ferry crossing from Helsinki to Tallinn will be operating on 31 December 2014.
      I am planning to celebrate New Year's Eve in Tallinn.
      Thank you.

more
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Any advice is gladly accepted

Tallinn Jun 25, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Hi to all, I will be in Talinn for two days and would like to visit Rocca Al Mare,Viking village restaurant or something similar and Parnu.Would like to learn what transportation is best (more important cheaper) to visit there? Also would like to have local cuisine for dinner and perhaps have a break in a good pub or beer house. But as you would appreciate, touristic places are quite expensive and not always the exact quality. I prefer to investigate the city by myself and would be happy to hear your advices. Thank you all for your interest.

more

What must be done and where must be seen in Talinn in two days

Tallinn County Jun 14, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Hi,
      I will be travelling to Talinn in July with a tour agent.
      But I prefer to investigate the city by myself.
      Because tour operators sometimes take people to places that don't worth seeing.I mean places that have been formed to attract tourists.
      I always prefer to feel the spirit of the city covering all its culture,history etc.
      I would really like to hear your advices about what must be done and where must be seen in Talinn in two days.
      Thank you all in advance.
      Regards
      Neşe

more

Early morning taxi

Tallinn Jul 9, 2014 at 10:25 PM

I have to be at the airport for a 6 am flight. What time does the taxi services begin from the city and what would I be expected to pay at such an early time

1 Answer Jul 9, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    • waraney's Profile Photo

Ferry on 31 December 31

Tallinn Jun 26, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Hi all.
      I need information whether ferry crossing from Helsinki to Tallinn will be operating on 31 December 2014.
      I am planning to celebrate New Year's Eve in Tallinn.
      Thank you.

3 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Any advice is gladly accepted

Tallinn Jun 25, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Hi to all, I will be in Talinn for two days and would like to visit Rocca Al Mare,Viking village restaurant or something similar and Parnu.Would like to learn what transportation is best (more important cheaper) to visit there? Also would like to have local cuisine for dinner and perhaps have a break in a good pub or beer house. But as you would appreciate, touristic places are quite expensive and not always the exact quality. I prefer to investigate the city by myself and would be happy to hear your advices. Thank you all for your interest.

3 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    • jenot's Profile Photo

rent a tent

Hiiumaa Jun 19, 2014 at 9:59 AM

can I rent a tent somewhere in Hiiumaa??

2 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 12:52 PM
    • SIM with data in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania

Estonia Jun 19, 2014 at 4:51 AM

I'll be visiting Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania shorlty. Does anyone know a single mobile company that provide internet access in these 3 countries? I'd prefer to buy a pack with a few GB.

• Shops with food

Saaremaa Jun 18, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Hi, I want to travel with bike and tent through Estonia. Its difficult to carry a lot of food. Where could I buy supplies in Saaremaa? Certainly in Kuressaare. But anywhere else? And at weekend? Thank you

What must be done and where must be seen in Talinn in two days

Tallinn County Jun 14, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Hi,
      I will be travelling to Talinn in July with a tour agent.
      But I prefer to investigate the city by myself.
      Because tour operators sometimes take people to places that don't worth seeing.I mean places that have been formed to attract tourists.
      I always prefer to feel the spirit of the city covering all its culture,history etc.
      I would really like to hear your advices about what must be done and where must be seen in Talinn in two days.
      Thank you all in advance.
      Regards
      Neşe

4 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 11:55 PM
    • Graffiti in Tallinn

Tallinn Jun 10, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Hey, I'd like to know is there any legal graffiti walls in Tallinn? If there is, could you please tell me the locations?
      Thank you!

1 Answer Jun 11, 2014 at 3:48 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Storage of luggage in Tartu station

Tartu May 28, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Tere hommoikust
      Can you please tell us if there are left luggage lockers in Tartu railway station, as we need to leave our luggage somewhere so we can explore the city tomorrow.
      Can anyone please recommend a local restaurant or pub, where we can have lunch.
      Many thanks

1 Answer May 29, 2014 at 12:38 AM
    • MFAMILY's Profile Photo

Opinion on 11 day itinerary 11-21July

Estonia May 27, 2014 at 2:15 AM

Dear VTers. I'd like your opinion on this itinerary of Estonia, with a side trip to Riga. The trip will take place from July 11 to July 21:
      11Jul -very early flight arrival Tallin - 2 night stay (Hotel Kreutzwald)
      13Jul -Travel via Haapasalu to Saarema with 2 nights on the island (Västriku Holiday Home)
      15 - Travel to Riga - 2 night stay (Hotel Europa Royale)
      17Jul - Travel to Sigulda - 1 night (Livonjia Hotel) . Fun parks...Aerodium
      18Jul - Sigulda via Tartu to Ontika - 2 night stay (Ontika Boutique Hotel) to visit Narva area and also see the Bike Festival
      20Jul - Travel to Lahemaa NP - 1 night (not yet booked)
      21Jul - return to Tallinn - - 1 night before early flight home on July 22.

Do you consider a fair itinerary or would you rather change it? Any must dos?
      Any other accomodation suggestions. We will be a family of 3 or 4 (son 13 will travel; daughter 21, has not yet decided)
      Thanks
      Maria

2 Answers May 27, 2014 at 9:54 AM
    • Tallin to Voru

Voru May 22, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Is there any transportations from Tallin to Voru? If I go there by bus, how long does it take?
      Please let me know.
      I'm sorry for my poor English and appreciate your cooperation.

4 Answers May 22, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • Places for a more mature group...

Tallinn May 12, 2014 at 5:15 AM

Hey all, thanks for reading and to those who reply. Yes, we are going to Tallinn for a stag (I can imagine all the eye rolling now) BUT most of the group are married, we are all in our 30's and not the type to go out causing trouble in a drunken rage or molesting the poor local women. Thing is, we still love to party hard! We are there from 23rd May until 26th and I wondered what is recommended as the best nightlife options for us on the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (We are likely to opt to take VIP areas if available) and yes, ok I will say it if the single guys in the group happen to meet attractive, high quality women on our nights out I do not think they will complain!

Thanks again,
      Neil

• Antfra's Profile Photo

hotel in Tallinn - Estonia!

Estonia May 11, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Any opinion about , "Aia 5old apartment" and Parker Boutique Apartament in Tallinn?
      Thank you!

1 Answer May 11, 2014 at 7:59 PM
    • Antfra's Profile Photo

From Lisbon, Portugal to Tallin and then to Petrograd/Saint Petersburg !

Tallinn May 11, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Hi, i will be in Tallinn for 10 days, but we want visit Riga and St. Petersburg and maybe Helsinki or Stockholm !
      What is the best way to go to St. Petersburg from Tallinn? Train, ferry boat, airplane ?
      Maybe we will stay 1-2 nights, and what about cheap hotels ?
      Thanks! ;)

2 Answers May 12, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    • mile1910's Profile Photo

How to go from Tallinn to Rundale castle ???

Estonia Apr 21, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Is it possible with bus connections ? Is there an excursion available from Tallinn ????
      How long does it take to visit.
      Thanks
      Mimi

2 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 5:48 AM

Elderly Couple Visiting Tallinn

Tallinn Apr 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Couple in their seventies visiting in July. Not able to walk very long distances. A short list of 4 star hotels close to places of interest would be appreciated.
      How to get to the port for ferry to Helsinki, Is signage clear in English at the port ?
      Cost of taxi from airport to hotels.

4 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 1:25 AM
    • How to get to Imavere

Imavere Apr 18, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Hi,
      I am going to Estonia, probably to Tallinn airport and I need to get to Imavere...I found that there should be a bus stop, but I can´t find any bus schedule or if it is the bus line from Tallinn to Imavere, could you help me where I could find the information about connection between Tallinn and Imavere, please.

• Minibus from Tallinn to Kuressaare

Tallinn Mar 19, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Where to I get the minibus to Kuressaare and do I need to reserve in advance? Also would appreciate knowing how often they go and the cost.
      Grateful for answers! :)

1 Answer Mar 20, 2014 at 12:50 AM
    • Bus/Tram travel in tallinn

Tallinn Mar 19, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I have a lot of questions regarding public transport. Will be in Tallinn this summer with my daughter & grandson and expect sometimes to use a bus or tram.
      Are individual tickets only sold by the driver? Cost? Do these tickets need to be validated and how do I do that?
      Is it true that Seniors travel for free?
      How does a Smartcard work? Would we need 3 cards or can one card be validated 3 times? How do I add more trips onto the card?
      I realize these are very basic questions, but I would like to know before hand. Thanks to all who answer!

3 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM
    • Bus times to tallinn airport

Vohma Mar 10, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Bus times please to Tallinn Airport fro vohma

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 8:49 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Is there any decent budget accomodation available in Narva?

Narva Feb 25, 2014 at 4:59 AM

That's all there is to it, folks :) I don't know if there are any hostels in Narva, but i'm happy to go with B&B's or guesthouses. I'm not too keen on hotels in all honesty :)
      Thank you all!
      DG

2 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Easy to get from Tallinn centre to Karla?...

Karla Feb 22, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Hello all
      That's my only question really :) I take it, it has to be transport by bus or mini-bus anyway, right? Which station in Tallinn do the buses go from? It's only a short distance from Tallinn city centre in reality so I guess there are good transport links?
      Thank you all again!
      DG

3 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 3:50 AM
    • one day return ferry from tallinn to helsinki and back approximate cost

Tallinn Feb 2, 2014 at 1:03 PM

how much is it to catch a ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki during the week . We are travelling from UK to Tallinn for four nights. Is it possible to do a ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki and back in one day just for a one day visit

2 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM
    • wild dolphin swimming

Otepaa Dec 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Assistance with swimming with wild dolphins in Oman. Is it a good idea, how does one do this?

1 Answer Dec 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    • time to travel there and cost of ferry to helsinki

Tallinn Nov 27, 2013 at 3:26 AM

would it be a good time to go to Tallinn in mid June. is the weather usually good at that time.
      also how much is the ferry over to Helsinki (one way and return)
      thanks
      Jacky

7 Answers Nov 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM
    • Need to identify statue of woman with wolf over her shoulder nr Tallinn old town

Tallinn Nov 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Hello, I need to identify the park where I saw a statue in dark grey metal (bronze?) of a (mythological?) woman with a crown on her head and a (dead) wolf draped over her left shoulder. Any ideas? It's in a park close to the old town in Tallinn. I can send a picture if need be! Thank you!
      Phoebe / Paris

1 Answer Nov 16, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    • SW2's Profile Photo

Ferry to Helsinki

Tallinn Oct 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I'm travelling to Tallinn next week and I was wondering of you have to book tickets for the ferry to helsinki in advance or if you can also book a return ticket at the ferry terminal before departure? I'm not sure yet for doing a day trip to helsinki, that's why I would like to have the opportunity to buy it there on the spot. And what about prices, are they more expensive in the terminal than on the internet?

6 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • HardiH's Profile Photo

Who knows Arukula small borough?

Arukula Oct 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM

2 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    • Who knows Arukula?

Arukula Oct 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM

4 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    • shamanee's Profile Photo

Need some tips for bars and coffees ir Tallinn

Tallinn Oct 3, 2013 at 5:59 AM

Hello,

Me and my friend want to go to Tallinn from Vilnius. I know that Tallinn is more expensive than Vilnius. Maybe could you recommend me some cheaper places to eat in Tallinn and cheaper bars? Last time I was there, the bottle of beer cost 2,9 EUR (in Lithuania it cost max 2 EUR)
      Also, could you recommend me which companies bus can I take? There are few companies going Vilnius-Tallinn

6 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 4:40 AM