Estonia Travel Answers

change location
kurtles's Profile Photo

New Guy's First Post

by kurtles Online Now Dec 14, 2006 at 6:08 PM

Hello everybody. I am an American, age 38, and I have only been to north-eastern Europe once, several years ago. It was a summer trip. Now I will be going with two friends to Estonia on 27 December. We will be in some city to the south of the country from New Year's Day until about 03 January 2007. Then we will go to back to Tallinn and spend the rest of the trip there, with sightseeing by day and partying at night.

A few questions, for whomever may have an answer or a suggestion:

1-- Is there a difference between a nightclub that an Estonian would enjoy going to and one that exist only for tourists? What is the best way to meet local people who may also speak English?

2-- Same question for restaurants. Some meals I may want to be entertained or charmed, but at other times I may just want to experience what a typical meal in an ordinary restaurant would be like for the average Estonian. Here I cannot imagine language being a barrier. I can point at a menu, and I'm sure that whatever I end up being served, it will be edible!

3-- Is there such a thing as a "singles bar" in Tallinn? A place where meeting people of the opposite sex is encouraged (but not just for a one-time drunken encounter)?

4-- Men's fashion. American tourists have a reputation for being poorly dressed. Outdoors in early January, I may not have much choice of what I will wear-- I will chose the warmest clothing in my wardrobe, regardless of style. But once I get inside a building, what sorts of clothing and shoes would be appropriate for a day of shopping and dining and sightseeing? What about going to a club to drink, dance, and otherwise party?

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Estonia Travel Answer Locations