Estes Park Travel Answers

change location

Aspen Lodge

by textraveller Online Now Oct 15, 2006 at 8:05 PM

Has anyone ever stayed there or have an info on what the hotel is like. My family is staying there over the Christmas holidays and now I see its rated as a two star hotel. We are travelling so far I dont want to get stuck in a dud!!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Shaken_Bake's Profile Photo

RE: Aspen Lodge

by Shaken_Bake Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 10:25 AM

I've not stayed here, but I'm very familiar with Estes Park and actively participate in other travel forums. I'm afraid the reviews I've seen are not good at all. Check out this review page: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...

Estes has some wonderful lodging and I hope you can change your reservations.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Aspen Lodge

by textraveller Online Now Oct 17, 2006 at 7:06 AM

Oh NO! Is there anywhere else you would recommend to stay for the holidays? Anyplace anyone knows that does the whole "christmas" thing. Thats why I picked this lodge, it seemed to have so much for my family to do. I dont want to be stuck in a hotel.

• Shaken_Bake's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Aspen Lodge

by Shaken_Bake Online Now Oct 17, 2006 at 9:59 AM

Try Glacier Lodge, which has individual cabins and activities. I haven't stayed here, but took the family horseback riding on the grounds last summer and thought that it looked very nice. It gets excellent reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...

I'd check out the reviews on Trip Advisor and Fodors - they have a lot of actual travelers reviewing properties who'll tell you the real story! Good luck finding something - Estes is so worth the trip. I just got back from a weekend stay and never get tired of the incredible beauty of the park and the surrounding area.

• Boulder_Mike's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Aspen Lodge

by Boulder_Mike Online Now Oct 20, 2006 at 8:15 AM

I haven't stayed there, but I go ice skating there in the winter.

They have a large pond out front which they shovel into a hockey rink and a general skating area. It's popular on the weekends with locals playing pick-up hockey.

I can't say anything about the rooms, but they have a very nice bar/restaurant, and I thought the people running it were friendly.

It's about 8 or more miles from Estes, and not really near anything other lodges or restaurants. There are great views there and it is near some very nice hiking (Long's Peak, Twin Sisters)

Good Luck.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines