Estes Park Travel Answers

change location

Honeymoon itinerary in Estes Park

by cowfolks Online Now Jun 9, 2004 at 9:53 PM

Please make suggestions for South Eastern flat-lander couple honeymooning in Estes Park.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Seabiscuit's Profile Photo

Re: Honeymoon itinerary in Estes Park

by Seabiscuit Online Now Jun 9, 2004 at 10:11 PM

I, personally, would heartily suggest staying at the Standley Hotel. It's kinda pricey, but the amenities/service/emplyees are first rate. You'll be quite near the National Forest (which is awesome, btw), and many other venues. What, exactly, trips your trigger? Night-life? Excursions? Horseback touring? You'll love Estes Park. Jeff- (Oh, yeah, and the Standley was supposed to a foundation for a Stephen King novel (Does "The Shining" ring a bell?))

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cdpviola's Profile Photo

by cdpviola Online Now Jun 9, 2004 at 10:20 PM

Estes Park is a really beautiful town that has many quaint shops and good restaurants. In the summer it is teeming with tourists from all over the world. Rocky Mountain Park is quite large, so be prepared to drive. I used to live quite close to Estes, in Boulder, and be prepared for afternoon showers throughout the summer. When I say showers, I mean thunderstorms! Also, there is a road that is quite difficult to drive, all switchbacks, called Fall River Road. It is closed in the fall and in bad weather. Also, you go pretty high pretty quick and this means 2 things: altitude sickness and it gets cold. Really cold. I suggest hydrating quite a bit before you go up and continue drinking lots of water. Also, bring a sweater or jacket because once you get up to Trail Ridge Road you will need it. I would suggest checking out this website: coloradoguide.com/rmnp/frame... My suggestion for places to visit in the park: Trail Ridge Road, Moraine Park Museum (a great place to watch a thunderstorm roll in) and Lily Lake. There are great hiking trails and lots of wildlife to see. (Although you may see little, depends on the wildlife really...) Have a great honeymoon!

• tippet7's Profile Photo

by tippet7 Online Now Jun 12, 2004 at 11:53 AM

There are MANY little cabins too. Shellys cottages along Big Thompson river are very nice. Out of the way and a short drive into town. Or you can check out some of the cabins in town right along the river. Very peaceful and romantic. If you get the chance to do so, take the drive to Grandby (another nice little town) you can get there by taking Trail Ridge Road all the way around the back side. Cool drive.

• Seabiscuit's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Honeymoon itinerary in Estes Park

by Seabiscuit Online Now Jun 12, 2004 at 1:13 PM

You might want to skip Granby. A deranged resident in a souped-up Caterpillar front loader caused millions of dollars worth of damage to the town a week ago. It's a complete mess. Opt for Rocky Mountain National Park. Jeff-

• tippet7's Profile Photo

by tippet7 Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 10:19 AM

There are more things to do in Granby then see the destruction caused by an idiot. The buildings destroyed really had nothing to do with tourisim. There are still shops, restaurants and the beautiful lake and surrounding forests. I didnt mean go to Granby and stare at the rubble!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines