Estepona Travel Answers

change location
cool4cat's Profile Photo

Will my children get bored??

by cool4cat Online Now Mar 3, 2007 at 12:07 PM

Hi

We're staying in Estepona in August.

I plan on visiting family near Gibraltar and taking the family to see the dolphins.

Is Tivoli World too far a trip from Estepona??

I would appreciate information on which aqua park is more suitable for my children aged 8 and 5.

I know about Selwo Safari and Selwo Marina. Well I think I do. Any tips please.

What is Estepona like in the evenings for young children?

We as parents dream of being able to walk the promanade on a warm evening and stop and watch the kids play on 'rides'.

Is Estepona too quiet for this?

We have hired a car and are keen to venture. Tips again please.

Many thanks in advance for any response what so ever.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • RE: Will my children get bored??

by butchill Online Now Mar 3, 2007 at 12:40 PM

to be honest you should have asked these questions before you booked
    wait till you get there and then see

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cool4cat's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Will my children get bored??

by cool4cat Online Now Mar 3, 2007 at 3:41 PM

butchill

Thank you for your prompt response.

My choice of holiday destination this year was booked so I could visit and introduce my wife to my Spanish family.

The accommodation we have booked looks great and will suit our needs just fine.

So I felt no need to ask question before I booked. I’m looking for constructive information, be it negative or positive not just down right doom and gloom.

If people waited till they got there would there be a need for such a web site as this????

• Re: Will my children get bored??

by rsz21 Online Now Apr 20, 2007 at 7:16 AM

I just wondered whether you found out any more information on Estepona for children as I am looking to book our family holiday to this area also, and also have two children who are 8 and 5!! Would appreciate hearing as to what you have found out!

Regards
    Rebecca

Re: Will my children get bored??

by cool4cat Online Now Apr 21, 2007 at 6:50 AM

Hi Rebecca

Sadly, not a great deal about Estepona itself but I’ve found out loads about the surrounding area.

I’m positive it will be great for the kids but not like Great Yarmouth or Blackpool. Thank god!
    (sorry if that’s your cup of tea :-) )

There will be lots for us to do but much will depend on the use of a car. However my research indicates public transport is great. Regular cheap buses and good rail links to certain areas.

We’ve hired a car through DoYouSpain at a great price.

Anyway back to the kids!!!

It’s going to be HOT when we go so the plan is to do as the Spanish. Swim in the morning and siesta in the afternoon

Attractions we want to see are

Tivoli World which opens late and closes at 2am which should be fun
    Selwo safari park
    Selwo marina
    Gibraltar (monkeys etc)
    Dolphin boat trip
    An aqua park or two
    Fuengirola Zoo
    A crocodile park

Phew I’m shattered already :-)

There are also several themed beaches suiting all holiday types, from the exclusive nicki beach to fun beach

The kids might not like it but we hope to go to Rhonda too

Hope that helps with your decision

Warm regards

by cool4cat Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 12:27 PM

We had a fantastic three weeks in the estepona area. A car is a must. Everything is so accessible along the A-7 or AP-7. Great beaches. Tivoli world, selwo safari, selwo marina, gibraltar, aqua park all great!! Kids in no way bored. Our apartment was fantastic. Returning to the area next year for sure. Recommended to any family.

• sussexdoug's Profile Photo

by sussexdoug Online Now Mar 14, 2008 at 7:20 AM

You asked about the distance from Estepona to Tivoli World. It's about 40k along the A7 coast road and is in Benalmadena Costa. It lays back from the seafront and is reasonably well signposted. It has a massive free car park. Right opposite is the Cable car to go up the mountain. It's well worth the visit just for the views alone, but there is a wild bird centre there where, twice a day, they have FREE shows where there are eagles, vultures, and many other birds of prey. The last time I went I was so thrilled to see the birds that it made my holiday so special!!!!! There is a cafe there as well. Also, in the mountains above Estepona is a small spanish village called Casares where you can usually see dozens of eagles flying above. The best place for this is at the old castle ruins. I saw eagles flying above and BELOW me. What a wing span they have!! Hope this helps. Doug

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines