Estepona Travel Answers

change location

Getting around

by GillianFraser Online Now Aug 8, 2006 at 4:15 AM

My daughter is renting an apartment at La Perla de la Bahia - which I believe is near Estepona.

She is flying to Malaga and getting a taxi (I think) from there. Are there any local buses that pass close to La Perla? Also while she is there she would like to visit a friend in Gibraltar. How could she get there? She is too young to hire a car.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Homer_Simpson32's Profile Photo

RE: Getting around

by Homer_Simpson32 Online Now Aug 11, 2006 at 9:56 AM

La Perla de la Bahia is less than 10 minutes walking from La Duquesa, I know that the local bus from Estepona to La Linea (bordering town with Gibraltar) stops at Duquesa but I am unsure of the frequency etc.. as I only used this once and this was some time ago. Estepona i would say is about 10km from La Perla so she will need a taxi. Also remind her that to visit Gibraltar she needs her passport.

Malaga airport is about 100km away so you are looking into an expensive taxi fare, another way to travel from the airport to La Perla de la Bahia is getting on the train from the airport to Fuengirola, then getting on a bus to Estepona, and then getting a taxi to La Perla. It will be cheaper this way, but all depends on the time of arrival of the flight as you would not be able to get a bus from Fuengirola to Estepona late at night.

If you have any more questions just email me or post them here.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines