Estepona Travel Answers

change location

Estepona.

by nicbutty Online Now May 23, 2006 at 3:16 PM

We are hoping to spend our summer holiday in or around Estepona/Duquesa in the last 2 weeks of August. Would anyone recommend it? There's me and hubby [in our 30s], our 16 year old daughter, my parents and my 9 year old nephew. Too touristy? or 'real' Spain as the ads say. Please send your comments.
PS A good market is essential!
Nic.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Homer_Simpson32's Profile Photo

RE: Estepona.

by Homer_Simpson32 Online Now May 23, 2006 at 4:13 PM

Both are beside the sea so you will have the beach nearby. They are about 20 mins from each other. Estepona is a more 'local' town, it is not as tourist exploited as Fuengirola, Benalmadena etc.. Duquesa is more packed with foreigners and is a smaller town. Regarding markets i know there is a Sunday Antique market in Sabinillas (10mins from either town). They are both well linked by road to other towns.

if you have any more questions just post them here

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Estepona.

by brodev Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 9:19 AM

There is a market on Wednesdays in Estepona at the Feria ground which is at the back end of Estepona. On Sundays there is also (a more touristy market) at Estepona port. If you like Simple Minds they are playing at Estepona bullring on Aug 17 for 28 Euros. The following web page may be of interest
    manilvalife.com/forum/viewfo....
    There is not a lot of organised fun for the 9 year old

• RE: Estepona.

by gasmec Online Now Aug 4, 2006 at 5:53 AM

we have been to duquesa 4 times and love it beautiful port lots of places to eat a short stroll to castillo a quaint spanish village fantastic unspoilt beeches

regards john & helen

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines