Estepona Travel Answers

change location
Helen196's Profile Photo

Estepona weather - late October/early November?

by Helen196 Online Now Aug 16, 2005 at 2:49 AM

Hi there :-)

I'm planning a return trip to Estepona on 29th October and was wondering what the weather will be like so I can try and pack the appropriate clothing! Will it be warm enough to sunbathe?

I was there at the end of September last year and it was warm enough to sit on the beach during the day, but you needed a light jacket or jumper at night.

Thanks!

Helen

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Beach_dog's Profile Photo

RE: Estepona weather - late October/early November?

by Beach_dog Online Now Aug 16, 2005 at 3:00 AM

Hi Helen,

It is the hardest time of the year to predict the weather here. October is normally a good month and it is common to see people on the beach, November can be good, but you could see some showers.

Last year the first week of November was showery, I know this because my sister was visiting, but coming from the north of England she found it very warm, in the couple of sunny days she had she visited the beach. The year previous we had a wet October, but November was sunny throughout the month.

Really its an unpredictable time of year, but you should find the daytimes warm, but getting chilly in the evenings. As far as rain is concerned I would say there is a chance of getting some, but hopefully not for your full week.

Hope this helps
    Stace :o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • BluBluBlu's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Estepona weather - late October/early November?

by BluBluBlu Online Now Aug 16, 2005 at 4:13 AM

I agree with BD...I've had mainly good weather when I've been in Estepona in Oct/Nov time...but with luck it should be mainly warm.

Enjoy!

• Helen196's Profile Photo

by Helen196 Online Now Aug 16, 2005 at 5:17 AM

Thanks guys! Fingers crossed for more sun than showers! Although it really shouldn't matter if it's raining - at least we'll be in beautiful Spain and not at work!

Are you both familiar with Estepona? I've been twice now but only for a few days at a time, so feel as if I haven't really scratched the surface of the town. Can you recommend anywhere for me to visit this time around? Any bars or restaurants you can tell me to try?

Thanks again for your time.

by Beach_dog Online Now Aug 16, 2005 at 5:31 AM

Hi Helen,

I have been living in Marbella for the past two years. I visit Estepona periodically, but dont know it really well. Mostly when I've been working down there. So I cant be of too much help with regards bars and restaurants. If you are visiting Marbella at any time I can certainly help you out.

Stace

by BluBluBlu Online Now Aug 16, 2005 at 5:34 AM

I've always visited Estepona as a day trip from Puerto Banus...so like BD know lots of good bars...but not their names!

As side trips...you could consider Gibralta, Cadiz, Puerto Banus, or Marbella.

Enjoy!

by Beach_dog Online Now Aug 16, 2005 at 5:49 AM

In addition to Blu's list I would add Ronda, a really scenic city located each side of a very high gorge. For this it would be better to have a car, but it is possible by public transport or organised excursion. There is Selwo safari park just outside of Estepona if you like that sort of thing, certainly worth it if you have kids.

If you have a car and want spectacular beaches, take a drive to Tarifa and the coast just beyond it. It will take you just over an hour to get there. I recommend Bolonia and Punta Paloma beaches. Bolonia being the best, miles of clean sand that never gets busy, sand dunes and extensive ruins of a Roman city. Its about 10 kms past Tarifa on the coast road.

• Helen196's Profile Photo

by Helen196 Online Now Aug 16, 2005 at 5:57 AM

Excellent! Thanks again!

BD - you're Ibiza pages have inspired me to update my Ibiza page a little more. I can't believe it's been 2 years since I was last there. I'll have to do something about that next year!

by BluBluBlu Online Now Aug 16, 2005 at 6:09 AM

Dang! Was trying to think of Rhonda...but would the name come into my head! LOL!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines