Estado do Rio Grande do Sul

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel warnings?

Cuiabá Apr 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Are there any safety concerns when visiting Cuiaba?

more
    • current info. Website is 2008

Manaus Apr 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Has anyone made the trip recently from Manaus to guayana city.
      Also any knowledge about flights from Manaus to same or caracus without having to go back to Sao Paulo or Panama city.
      Help would be appreciated.

more
    • CRUISE TERMINAL

Rio de Janeiro Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

more
    • Tara2001's Profile Photo

Salvador, is it best to stay in the Pelourinho? Any hostel recommendations?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Hi all,

I'm visiting Salvador for 3 nights in April and was wondering if the Pelourinho is the best area to stay in? I am looking to stay in a hostel that is safe and secure, but also sociable where I can meet likeminded solo travellers. Any suggestions??

more

Anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Hi guys,

Is anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April that would want to meet up and do some sight seeing etc? Get in touch! :)

more
    • Getting there from Campo Grande

Foz do Iguaçu Yesterday

Just wondering what is the quickest and easiest way to get to Foz do Iguacu from Campo Grande Matto Grosso do Sul in Brazil. It all seems very complicated.

If someone has a simple-ish solution could you please let me know.

Thanks

more
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

São Paulo Apr 7, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • Travel with BUS from Natal to Salvador in Brazil

Natal Apr 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I need to travel from Natal, RN to Salvador Bahia by BUS, anyone know what Bus company I can buy ticket to travel to Salvador?

more
    • Gluten free restaurants around Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro Yesterday

Can anyone give some names of restaurants around Rio that serve gluten free lunch and dinner?. I am going to Rio during the World Cup with wife and two children

more
    • Travelling Pantanal

Pantanal Apr 9, 2014 at 3:11 AM

How can i travel Pantanal without tying myself to a 4-5 day tour? I want to make it flexible and yet be able to do everything. Is it possible to do this independently?

more
    • Two days in Argentina

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 31, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I am travelling to see the falls in June. I would like to spend 2 days exploring the Argentina side and a day and a half on the Brazilian side. I am flying into Foz do Iguacu. Would you recommend I stay in Brazil and travel to Argentina each day. Or should I stay in Argentina overnight?

more
    • Currency exchange at the Crossover

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Is there an exchange at the border after you enter Argentina? After seeing the Brazilian National Park, we are heading for the Argentina National Park and the Sheraton. We'll need pesos to pay to get into the park.

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

Rio de Janeiro Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • eversure's Profile Photo

Taxi or airport bus?

Sao Paulo Mar 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM

We are a family of 5 (parents with 3 teenagers). We need to get from GRU to Congonhas. Will it be more convenient to take airport taxi or airport bus? In most places we have gone to, the individual cost for the bus is sometimes just the same as for a taxi and the taxi seems to be quicker. Thanks.

more
    • DavidM184's Profile Photo

Daily Tours from Rio and return

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

more

Visa's and volunteering (I'm British)

Brazil Apr 15, 2014 at 8:28 AM

I'm hoping to go and volunteer in Rio, working in a youth hostel for a few months. I understand I can do this on a normal 90 day visa, is that right?

And also, how many days do I need to leave the country before I can return on another 90 day visa?

more
    • AndersM's Profile Photo

Train from Porto Alegre (Salgado Filho Airport - POA) to Novo Hamburgo

Novo Hamburgo Dec 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Hi all of you!

I want to ask if it is easy (for a person as me that doesn't speak any Portuguese) to go by train from Porto Alegre to Novo Hamburgo.
      I will arrive to POA on the morning of December 31, and I want to go by train to Novo Hamburgo.

Is the train station far from the airport? Is it easy to get there (maybe taxi is the best way)? How often do the trains departure - having in mind that it is New Years Even (even if I will arrive at 10 in the morning).

I will be grateful for an answer.

Regards,
      Anders

12 Answers Dec 21, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    • VACCINATIION

Porto Alegre Sep 29, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I'm travelling to POA in October and have visited a travel doctor for an advice. They really recommended the Hepatitits A vaccine and yellow fever vaccine. I can't get the yellow fever one as I'm pregnant and that's also a reason why I don't really want the Hep A vaccine either if it's not totally necessary. Has anyone heard there would be some cases in POA of either yellow fever or hepatitis A? With the hep A - from what I'm reading on-line the restaurants seem to be very clean. Is the water chlorinated and safe to drink?

Thank you:-)

2 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    • recommendations?

Porto Alegre Sep 12, 2013 at 6:15 AM

What would be the best thing to do on a 'free' day after a conference finishes?
      I have all of Wednesday before going to Rio Thurs afternoon.
      I'm interested in shopping and/or wine!

3 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM
    • ines2003's Profile Photo

volunteer work

Porto Alegre Aug 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Hello

i am ines, i am from uruguay, i live in montevideo, i speck spanish, english and i can understand portugues. i am looking volunteer work in the farm, ngo or any place that need volunteer to work. I will like go there are and help in all about in environment, i have experience in other volunteer places in my country and was very good experience. I can go in september in wait for answer

4 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 7:21 AM
    • Question title

Porto Alegre Mar 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM

average taxi fare for 7km ride

2 Answers Mar 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    • Leaaal's Profile Photo

how to get from Uruguay to Santa Maria

Estado do Rio Grande do Sul Jan 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM

My sister has to travel from Montevideo, UY to Santa Maria, Rio Grande do Sul. Does anybody know how if there are buses that connect the two destinations. It wouldn't be the problem to change buses somewhere along the way but so far we have not even been able to find any bus company that links the border towns with Santa Maria so we would be very grateful for your help.

1 Answer Jan 27, 2013 at 5:44 PM
    • Cristrix5's Profile Photo

What to do and see

Estado do Rio Grande do Sul Aug 24, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Hey everyone!

So, I've been planning to go to Brazil sometime in February (after the Carnival). After a few days in Rio, I want to travel south to Porto Alegre and then through some towns like Garibaldi, Gramado, Bento Gonçalves (before going to the Iguaçu Falls). I was wondering if any of you have been there and could give me some ideas on what there is to see and do. I have to mention I will meet someone there (who could easily guide me around) but I can't reach that person for now and I would appreciate an answer sooner. :)

Thank you very much in advance!

3 Answers Nov 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    • gisellesch's Profile Photo

Gramado Guide

Gramado Nov 24, 2011 at 4:40 AM

Can anyone indicate a private guide fpr this destination that speaks English.

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Travelling from UK to Ibirubá, Brazil

Ibirubá Nov 7, 2011 at 8:28 AM

Does anyone know the best route/airline from the UK to Ibirubá?

4 Answers Nov 9, 2011 at 4:52 AM
    • Folding Suitcase Organ

Novo Hamburgo Oct 22, 2011 at 11:59 AM

I lived in Brasil in the late 1950's. We bought a pump organ made by J. Edmundo Bohn. It folds up like a suitcase. Has anyone heard about Edmundo bohn or his family, or the family business? I would love to know the histroy behind this organ.

rustymlt

2 Answers Oct 22, 2011 at 1:01 PM
    • Looking for Portuguese Immersion Course & Job Teaching English in Porto Alege near Molinhos do Vento

Porto Alegre Sep 24, 2011 at 1:12 PM

I think the title says it all. I want to spend a couple months in Porto Alegre learning Portuguese. I'm working on an organic farm (really an Ecovilla and Permaculture site) outside of Buenos Aires curently. I was hoping to find a school where I can study Portuguese near Molinos do Vento as well as a place to stay there - either a homestay or nice hostal. I'm also an English professor so I was considering teaching English there and just trying to learn what I can while doing that. I'm interested being a volunteer in social and environmental programs as well. Porto Alegre looks gorgeous! Much thanks,

Dylan

1 Answer Jan 2, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • What to do in Rio Grande

Rio Grande May 22, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I will be in Rio Grande on 12/26/2011 on a cruise. What are some interesting things to do/see there? Additionally, is it possible to travel to Porto Alegre in a reasonable amount of time (train, bus, taxi) between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.? It appears that there is more to do/see in Porto Alegre if there is a good way of getting there. Thanks in advance

5 Answers May 31, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    • Things to do in Porto Alegre

Porto Alegre Dec 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM

What is there to do for someone visiting Porto Alegre? Is it a safe city for a male traveling alone?

4 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    • Bus to uraguay

Porto Alegre Nov 6, 2010 at 3:45 PM

I am wondering about to Montevido from Porto Alegro, What frequency are the busses, what does it cost, how long does it take. What is the best (or cheapest) company to go with?

Thank You!

2 Answers Dec 29, 2010 at 1:57 PM
    • Looking for an ATM at the Porto Alegre airport

Porto Alegre Mar 20, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Can anyone tell me if there is a VISA/Plus+ or a Mastercard/Cirrus ATM machine at the Porto Alegre airport? I want to make sure that I will have no problems obtaining reais when I arrive there.
      I have checked the online VISA and Mastercard 'search for an ATM machine', but couldn't find the information I was looking for.
      Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 20, 2010 at 11:39 AM
    • Bus travel from Porto Alegre to Campo da Canoa?

Porto Alegre Mar 19, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Hello.
      I will need to travel from the Porto Alegre airport to Campo da Canoa. I understand that I need to take a taxi from the Airport to the bus station, then a take a bus to Campo da Canoa. Can anyone please tell me how much the taxi cost would normally be, and also which bus I will need to take to get to Campo da Canoa. and any other information about the bus schedule, how often they depart, and the cost of a ticket, etc.
      Thank you

2 Answers Mar 19, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    • Transport

Porto Alegre Mar 10, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Hi,

I am flying into Porto Allegre to visit the furniture fair in Bento Goncalves and was wondering what the transport links are between the two cities. Is there a company who would take a booking to provide the transport, or would it be easier/cheaper to take a taxi.

Thanks

Mike Wilmott

2 Answers Mar 20, 2010 at 11:48 AM
    • left luggage

Porto Alegre Oct 30, 2008 at 1:29 PM

hi Im only going to be in Porto Alegre for a day. Is there a left luggage t the bus station? and if not is there anywhwhere else i can leave my luggage?

3 Answers Oct 31, 2008 at 8:28 AM
    • Porto Allegre to Buenos Aires

Porto Alegre May 31, 2008 at 10:14 AM

How long does it take to get from Porto Allegre to Buenos Aires? I would like to know the options, air, bus, train.......... etc.

Thanks,
      Konabears

3 Answers Jun 12, 2008 at 4:36 PM
    • Victoria2005's Profile Photo

Facebook - Estrangeiros / Foreigners in Porto Alegre.

Porto Alegre May 18, 2008 at 7:17 PM

Hi all,

in an attempt to try and unite Foregners living / visting or just generally intrerested in Porto Alegre, i have started this group

"Estrangeiros / Foreigners in Porto Alegre"

It is a very new group with currently just a few members but its growing little by little. I would recommend anyone who has or needs information about Porto Alegre checking it out.

4 Answers Mar 5, 2009 at 5:29 PM
    • Buse to Montevideo from Porto Alegre

Porto Alegre Nov 14, 2007 at 5:53 AM

Hi All,

I need your Help !!!

I will be arriving in Porto Alegre on a Wednesday at 09.30am by Bus and I would like to know if possible when the next Bus to Montavideo will be. The earliest Bus I can find to Montavideo from Porto Alegre is some 10 hrs later, so if anyone can help with an earlier Bus it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Paul

• shanea07's Profile Photo

Caxias do sol, portuguese lessons!

Estado do Rio Grande do Sul Apr 10, 2007 at 8:32 PM

ok. so i'm planning on spending 2 months in caxias this summer. I will be living with a brazilian friend, but i really want to learn to speak portuguese. anyone know of any portuguese classes meant for foreigners??? also where are good places to go in the area???

2 Answers Apr 11, 2007 at 10:08 AM
    • Buses from Porto Alegre to Pelotas

Porto Alegre Feb 27, 2007 at 12:04 PM

I was just wondering if anybody knows the cost of a bus ticket from Porto Alegre to Pelotas? Also, how long is the trip and how often does the bus to Pelotas leave? Any other information that you know would also be a great help.
      Thank you.

1 Answer Feb 28, 2007 at 11:22 AM
    • LIving in POrto Alegre

Porto Alegre Jan 13, 2007 at 3:45 AM

Hi everybody,
      I will maybe move to Porto Alegre with my Wife for a one year assignment for my job. I would like to have some informations from people living already in Porto Alegre :
      Is there any place you would recommend to leave?
      What is the price to rent a nice appartment in this area?
      What about safety?
      Is there any french community as my wife will not work and we don't speak the language?
      Is there a lot of thigs to visit in this area?
      For prople livinf already in Porto Alegre, how would you describe this city and what can you tell me about it?

Thnak you in adavnce for your comments.

Helene & Eric

2 Answers Mar 5, 2007 at 3:57 AM
    • elainebrustolin's Profile Photo

Apartment

Porto Alegre Nov 9, 2006 at 1:51 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am coming to Porto Alegre for 10 days on February 15, 2007 until February 25, 2007, with a group of 6 people, including 2 children. I would like to rent an apartment or find a hotel where we could all stay together.
      A 3 bedroom, fully furnished apartment would be ideal. The location is very important too.
      If anyone could help me, I would truly appreciate.

Thank you

1 Answer Jan 11, 2007 at 10:50 AM
    • Santa Maria to Iguazu Falls in bus!!

Estado do Rio Grande do Sul Oct 16, 2006 at 5:39 PM

We need to get from Santa Maria en Rio Grande do Sul to Iguazu Falls. Has anyone out there traveled this route? And can you give us some advice on the timetables and prices? Please hurry!

Perry

• Where to club this weekend?

Porto Alegre Oct 9, 2006 at 8:30 PM

I arrived in Porto Alegre 3 weeks ago. Though I've met people to take me out to restaurants, churrasceria (awesome food!!!), bars and Irish pubs, or even underground places that play 80's music, I admit that sure, it is a sweet offer... but I would like to try the clubbing scene. Where's the best club for "electronic" music? Is there a rave coming to town anytime soon?

I welcome any recommendations. More bbq's!!!!

Thanks,
      Little dancing Asian... Boogie-on-down...!

• Nice vacation apartment wanted to rent for 1 month from beginning of October

Porto Alegre Sep 5, 2006 at 7:36 AM

Does anyone knows of nice fully furnished apartments for rent in a nice and save Porto Alegre neigborhood ,we are a family of 5 moving to Brazil. Also what are the nicest areas in and around POA ? maybe there are some nice areas a bit outside of town that are quiete and green and parks and good schools ? Also are the International schools in POA ?

3 Answers Sep 27, 2006 at 5:41 AM
    • Moving to Porto Alegre and in need of Immigration lawyer and some tips

Porto Alegre Sep 4, 2006 at 8:40 PM

We are a family of 5 and from Austria and plan to move to Porto Alegre soon and are now looking for an immigration lawyer based in Porto Alegre with good English or German to do our paperwork.Also we are looking for a local contact to help us to find a new home ( to rent ) and to find our way around schools and other paperwork and rules and regulations in Brazil . We would also like to know how save this city is and what we need to be carefull about,also what area is best to rent a house in ( save and near to good schools and in a nice green area with parks etc,.. ) Also general tips of what to bring and how to live in Brazil.

If anyone on this forum has spare time and would like to help us to settle in we could pay for a local guide,he /she could research some aspects of our move and
      help us a lot,...

thanks

Philip

2 Answers Sep 27, 2006 at 5:44 AM
    • Moving to Porto Alegre and in need of Immigration lawyer and some tips

Porto Alegre Sep 4, 2006 at 7:28 PM

We are a family of 5 and from Austria and plan to move to Porto Alegre soon and are now looking for an immigration lawyer based in Porto Alegre with good English or German to do our paperwork.Also we are looking for a local contact to help us to find a new home ( to rent ) and to find our way around schools and other paperwork and rules and regulations in Brazil . We would also like to know how save this city is and what we need to be carefull about,also what area is best to rent a house in ( save and near to good schools and in a nice green area with parks etc,.. ) Also general tips of what to bring and how to live in Brazil.

If anyone on this forum has spare time and would like to help us to settle in we could pay for a local guide,he /she could research some aspects of our move and
      help us a lot,...

thanks

Philip

1 Answer Feb 8, 2007 at 2:56 PM