Estado do Pará

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 2 months in floripa

Florianópolis Dec 10, 2014 at 9:03 PM

We're a couple in their 30s coming to relax and have some quiet beach time in Florianopolis (Feb 6th, 2015 to April 15th). No clubs nor parties for this trip. It's more of a healing journey during treatment. We'll have a car so we can move from place to place but we'd rather stay in Florianopolis for a long time, a month for sure.

I'm a bit overwhelmed with looking for a place to stay. Does anyone know an imobilaria that could help me?

Or could anyone suggest where I look?

Thanks!

John

more
    • workaway type volunteering in Brasil

Brasília Dec 10, 2014 at 5:41 AM

hi, I am new to this website so I hope you can help me. I am also new to Brasil, and looking for a workaway style volunteering opportunity ie at hostals etc, somewhere by the sea for Christmas and New Year... I am currently in Rio and would ideally like anywhere between here and Florianapolis in the South, or to the north, but not so far that will cost lots of Reals to get to... I am already on workaway already, but getting no luck on there, whether that is because I speak no Portugese (yet) or that I am older traveller, or its just a busy time of year... I am a positive and enthusiastic backpacker... so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • NativeAm's Profile Photo

Detention Center in Sao Paulo, Brazil

São Paulo Dec 5, 2014 at 3:29 PM

A friend was deported to Brazil from Africa very recently. Although he was using his Brazilian passport, he has not been in Brazil for many years...he is a USA green card holder but his green card has expired. I do not know the Portuguese language but I was told the Federal police station where he is being held is on Rua Guainases? Does anyone know where I can get information on him?

more
    • petia_a_z's Profile Photo

online ticket for the bus from Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro

Brazil Dec 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Hi to everybody,
      I'm going to visit Brazil next february and tried to purchase online a bus ticket from Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro but understood about the CRF number. How can I take it and pls tell me how can i purchase the ticket without this CRF number?

more
    • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

Xmas/New Year's travel

Brazil Dec 11, 2014 at 7:01 AM

I'll be heading to Brazil (Sao Paolo, Rio, Salvador) for Xmas and New Year's. How easy will it be to get last minute flights/buses at that time?

As i do not have a CPF, i'm having trouble booking on-line, plus i hate to be so set-in-stone. Can i get a ticket with a day or 2 notice? Will everything be sold out? Will transport prices go through the roof?

more
    • Costs taxi from Foz do Iguacu airport to Iguacu centre

Foz do Iguaçu Nov 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM

I can get a transfer from the airport to my hostel(in or just outside citycentre) for 42 reais which takes about 12 minutes. does anyone know if a taxi is cheaper?

more

Popular Estado do Pará Travel Answer Locations

• Temporary Rooms to Rent

Santarém Oct 5, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I'd like to stay a month, renting a simple room with kitchen rights for around R$400-R$600. Does anyone have suggestions?

• boat trip River Amazon

Santarém May 27, 2013 at 7:15 AM

I am planning to travel from Belem to Manaus. I am doubting about doing the whole trip by boat or do a part by boat and a part by plane. (To or from Santarem)
      Which part of the Amazon river is nicer to do by boat: from Belem to Santarem or from Santarem to Manaus?

3 Answers May 29, 2013 at 11:35 PM
    • travel to Ilha Grande

Ilha Grande Nov 7, 2011 at 11:56 PM

what is the best way to travel from Rio to Ilha Grande?

• airbrush's Profile Photo

How to get to Belem from Singapore.

Belém May 16, 2010 at 6:57 AM

Hello Lady and Gentleman,
      I will be travelling to Belem in July for a week. It my first time to Belem and not sure which air route or airlines is good for this trip. Could you please enlightened me. With Best Regards

3 Answers Jun 1, 2010 at 11:48 AM
    • Looking for very good english speaker to plan my travel in Belem

Belém Dec 17, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I am planning a trip to Belem but I need help in finding a company, agency or indvidual that is willing to assist in errands and translation prior to my 2 week family vacation in Belem. Where can I find this information for someone to perform for just a few days?

1 Answer Dec 17, 2009 at 10:58 PM
    • Help

Belém May 28, 2007 at 6:08 PM

Hi guys,
      I am going to be arriving in Belem soon, and from there i plan to take a boat to Manaus. Can anyone tell me any information on how long this takes, cost involved, and anything else that i might need to know. Actually, whilst i am on here, could anyone tell me if they know of cheap flights to Belem from Rio, as at the moment i am looking at a 50 plus hour bus journey to get there. Yes, as you can guess i spent too long in other countries, and so am having to rush somewhat!!

thanks again for any help folks

• language schools

Belém Apr 19, 2007 at 5:10 PM

Does anyone know of a small language school in Belem that I could take a class at for a week or so?

thanks!

• miscellaneous information

Belém Jul 19, 2006 at 4:58 AM

Are there ATM machines available to withdraw cash in the local currency? If not, will my hotel be able to exchange my money into their currency or will that option be available at the airport? Do a lot of people speak English?

3 Answers Apr 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    • Which tour operator in Belem is best?

Belém Sep 6, 2005 at 11:47 AM

I'll visit Belem in a few months and have found 2 tour operators so far: Amazon Star and Vale Verde. Both of them seem to offer very similar outings (Ilha dos Papagaios, Icoaraci, etc.) at pretty much the same prices. If you have used one or both, which would you recommend? Are there other good tour operators in Belem? My travel partner and I can speak Portuguese, so having an English-speaking guide is not necessary. In fact, we prefer someone who doesn't speak English so we can practice our Portuguese. :-)

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Dec 14, 2006 at 9:47 AM
    • sanguin's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving in Belém?

Belém Jul 3, 2005 at 1:51 PM

Hello,

I'd love to go scuba diving up here in Belém and I'v heard there's good diving not far from the city. Does anyone have good addresses for diving schools (I'm thinking of doing the advanced open diver) or other contacts that might be useful?

Muito obrigada,
      Julia

1 Answer Dec 14, 2006 at 9:14 AM
    • sanguin's Profile Photo

English literature

Belém Jun 15, 2005 at 12:18 PM

Hello everyone,

does anyone know of a bookstore that has English or Spanish language literature? Something like the Livraria Cultura?

Thank you!
      Julia

1 Answer Jun 16, 2005 at 8:04 AM
    • Information about

Ilha da Roberta Apr 10, 2005 at 7:03 AM

Does anyone have information on "Ilha da Roberta" (Roberta Island), in the state of Para, Brazil? I am looking for areal pictures, size, tpe of vegetation, access, etc.

Thank you in advance.

1 Answer May 16, 2006 at 9:42 AM
    • Direct to belem

Belém Jan 18, 2005 at 8:23 AM

Hi, does anybody know if you can fly direct into Belem from anywhere in Europe? thanks

2 Answers Dec 14, 2006 at 9:50 AM
    • Firebabe's Profile Photo

Help

Belém Sep 28, 2003 at 1:11 PM

Hola. I am going to Rio in December and want to spend a week in the Amazon but dont know whether to do Manaus to Belem or Belem to Manaus and need to get back to Rio again. Has anyone ever done this before.

3 Answers Nov 24, 2005 at 11:08 AM
    • geirto's Profile Photo

Info about Belém

Belém Dec 30, 2002 at 11:06 AM

Hi! Has anyone here ever been to Belém, Pará in the North of Brazil? I´m going there in just a few days and any info on good pousadas, nightlife, must see activities and so on would be greatly appreciated. Feliz Ano Novo to everybody! Geir

5 Answers Dec 14, 2006 at 9:57 AM