Estado do Amazonas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• current info. Website is 2008

Manaus Apr 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Has anyone made the trip recently from Manaus to guayana city.
      Also any knowledge about flights from Manaus to same or caracus without having to go back to Sao Paulo or Panama city.
      Help would be appreciated.

more
    • eversure's Profile Photo

Taxi or airport bus?

Sao Paulo Mar 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM

We are a family of 5 (parents with 3 teenagers). We need to get from GRU to Congonhas. Will it be more convenient to take airport taxi or airport bus? In most places we have gone to, the individual cost for the bus is sometimes just the same as for a taxi and the taxi seems to be quicker. Thanks.

more

Popular Estado do Amazonas Travel Answer Locations

• current info. Website is 2008

Manaus Apr 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Has anyone made the trip recently from Manaus to guayana city.
      Also any knowledge about flights from Manaus to same or caracus without having to go back to Sao Paulo or Panama city.
      Help would be appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 12, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    • eversure's Profile Photo

Taxi or airport bus?

Sao Paulo Mar 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM

We are a family of 5 (parents with 3 teenagers). We need to get from GRU to Congonhas. Will it be more convenient to take airport taxi or airport bus? In most places we have gone to, the individual cost for the bus is sometimes just the same as for a taxi and the taxi seems to be quicker. Thanks.

3 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 7:43 PM
    • rentedcow's Profile Photo

Day trip from Sao Paulo?

Sao Paulo Mar 5, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Hello my friends I have three days, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Departing Sunday night. I am looking for any ideas of where to go for a few days? Thanks!

5 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM
    • Where NOT to stay in Manaus?

Manaus Mar 4, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Hi,

I'm looking at hiring an apartment during the world cup in Manaus with a few mates. We have narrowed it down to two places and just wanted to see which area would be better (i.e. not a slum and with good access to bars, etc).

One is in Cachoeirinha (to the east of CBD), and the other is near Arena Amadeu Teixeira (to northwest of CBD and just to the west of the FIFA stadium). Which of these areas would be better to stay at?

We want a nice neighbourhood where there are good pubs/bars, close to public transport.

We don't want to get an apartment that is in the middle of nowhere or in a slum.

Cheers

1 Answer Mar 6, 2014 at 5:20 AM
    • Restaurants

Sao Paulo Feb 24, 2014 at 4:36 AM

Can anybody recommend markets in Sao Paulo to get proper street food?
      I saw this blog post about that topic and it looks very appealling.
      thinkhotels.com/blog/2014/02...

Regards

8 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    • Transportation from Sao Paulo to Presidente Prudent.

Sao Paulo Feb 20, 2014 at 11:35 AM

We would like to travel from SAo Paulo to Presidente Prudent.Can anyone advise the best way to travel? The only airline GO-L Varig that I have found doesn't have flight times that work for us. Does anyone haave any suggestions? Is is advisable to rent a car, hire a car, is there a train or bus? Any suggestions would be apprciated.

7 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 9:30 PM
    • monkeygoblin's Profile Photo

Belém to Peru

Manaus Feb 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM

To the experts of Manaus!...

I'm looking for a little advice on amazonian travel. My girlfriend and I are looking to make our way in from Belém to Manaus, then on again to Peru a few days later.

Instead of being boring old souls we are interested in something of an amazonian adventure along the river.

So how about it? Is boat travel from Belém a completely idiotic thing to consider? What are the logistics in terms of time, cost, comfort? We dont mind roughing somewhat, and time (as opposed to money) is something we have plenty of, which is why we think it may be both more fun and moneysaving than flying directly.

Any advice or any links to companies who provide any such boat services, would be greatly appreciated.

After Manaus we would be looking to move on to Leticia and Iquitos.

All the best

Matt and Emma

12 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 9:58 PM
    • Flights from Sao Paulo to RECIFE

Sao Paulo Jan 14, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Do you know where can I loook for flights fom GRU to Recife?

5 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    • Lima to Manaus

Manaus Dec 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I'm traveling in South America this summer and am starting out in Lima. I need to get to Manaus from Lima within a two day period max. The quicker/ cheaper the trip the better. Any suggestions? Please help!! Thanks :)

3 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    • Car ferry to Peru?

Manaus Sep 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Are there boats that can take me AND my small car from Manaus to Peru? Iquitos? If so, how much time and money are we talking?

3 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 3:27 PM
    • Flights from Sao Paulo to Tarija, Bolivia

Sao Paulo Apr 23, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Hi,
      I'm looking for flights from Sao Paulo to Tarija, Bolivia.
      From what I've researched, I've come to the conclusion that there aren't any direct flights..
      Has anyone traveled this route before? Any information or advice on the best way to make this trip (which airlines to use etc.) would be much appreciated. Thanks!

3 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 6:17 AM
    • Tickled_Pink's Profile Photo

15 hour stop over in Sao Paulo. Is it worth it and is transport available at early AM hours?

Sao Paulo Jan 8, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Hi I'm flying through Sao Paulo and have an option of one of 15 two flights. the one is a short stop over which will not give us time to exit the airport.

The second option is a wait of 15 hours before our connecting flight. This might give us time to book into a hotel and see a little of the city. What worries me is the time of departure of our connecting flight.

1) Will the afternoon and evening be worth the visit into the city?
      2) If so do we catch a bus or train into the city and if so what connections?
      3) Which area should we book our hotel close to airport or night life in a safe area?
      4)Is there transport from the city to the airport so early in the morning. Our flight leaves at 6:20. what time to we need to arrive at the airport?

Flight 1: Arrive Sao Paulo at 15:30. Flight leaves at 06:20
      Flight 2: Arrive Sao Paulo at 23:30 Flight leaves at 06:20

Thank you

9 Answers Jan 8, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    • Escola de Portugues

Sao Paulo Sep 19, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Anybody can recommend me a good portuguese institute??? thankss in advance...

• pensioners's Profile Photo

can we do trips independently?

Estado do Amazonas Aug 11, 2012 at 1:02 PM

We will be cruising from Recife to Manaus in March 2013, calling at Natal, Fortaleza, Devils Island, Santarim and Boca De Valeria. The cruise ship trips are very expensive; is it possible to do trips independently?
      When we cruised Hawaii, we found a local firm that did all the same trips as the cruise, cheaper.

7 Answers Dec 19, 2012 at 11:45 AM
    • Graffmann's Profile Photo

travel agency in SP / RIO

Sao Paulo Jul 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I will arrive in SANTOS in December 2012 by cruise from Europe. I would like to spend two / three weeks in Brasil before returning by flight from RIO DE JANEIRO. In this context I would like to ask for advice: Can you recommend a local travel agency which can deliver the following services:
      German (or English or French) speaking website / agents. Offering tours within Brasil (e.g. to Pantanal, seaside resorts, Iguazu). Taking care of individual transfer from port to airport (e.g. limousine, helicopter). I am looking for security and convenience rather than for “great deals”!
      Thanks for your assistance! Heinz

• Best transportation option from San Jose dos Campos to Pestana Sao Paulo Hotel

Sao Paulo May 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Pestana Hotel is on Rua Tutoia in Sao Paulo. We may possibly be departing San Jose from the Embrarer facility.

1 Answer May 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM
    • Malaria Medication

Manaus May 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM

My 2 teenage daughters are going on a mission trip with their youth group next month (mid June) for 10 days. We went to the pediatrician today to get their regular immunizations taken care of. While their I asked for a script for malaria and typhoid. I was told by the youth group leader they would need Malaria pills, Typhoid pills or and yellow fever immunization. So today the doctor gives me a script for Atovaquone. But she didn't write the strength on it. Also they would have to take it 4 times a day. It would be 200 and some dollars for the lesser strength and 530.00 for the stronger one. I was told by one of the other mom's that she got her daugther the once a day medication but she couldn't remember which one and she has Kaiser so her cost would be different.

So I am wondering should I ask for a different prescription and if so which one? Wondering which one is the least expensive, least side effects, and easiest to take, and would hopefully only have to be taken once a day. Our insurance does not cover travel medications/immunizations. The least expensive yellow fever I could find was at Walgreens for 125.00 a piece.

Any help is much appreciated!

16 Answers May 13, 2012 at 12:37 PM
    • rentedcow's Profile Photo

Markets, Soccer, Golf

Sao Paulo Apr 16, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Hello My Friends,

I am traveling to Brazil again, arriving to Sao Paulo on Sunday morning and need some suggestions on what to do. I am staying near the Ibirapuera Park.

I have three questions:

1. Are there any outdoor markets that you may recommend?

2. Are there any professional soccer games being played in Sao Paulo next week?

3. Any recommendations on where to golf?

Thanks in advance!
      Will

1 Answer Apr 19, 2012 at 6:21 AM
    • ElisabethC's Profile Photo

Manaus trip May 2012

Manaus Mar 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Hi,

I have booked a flight to Manaus from the 4th until the 10th of May. Should I already make reservations for a hostel and jungle tours up front? Is the city of Manaus itself worthwile visiting? Or should I go straight to a jungle lodge?

All tips are very appreciated!

Thanks,

Elisabeth

5 Answers Dec 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM
    • oromer's Profile Photo

Jungle lodge in Manaus

Manaus Dec 8, 2011 at 11:50 AM

we (60+ couple) are looking for a package of lodge and tours in Amazona's area around Manaus. We'll be there form February 15 to Februay 18. Any Tips?
      Thank you

2 Answers Dec 15, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    • taxi from the airport to Park Suites

Manaus Oct 30, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Can someone tell me how much is taxi fare from the airport to Park Suite hotel ?

1 Answer Oct 31, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    • Manaus tours

Manaus Oct 8, 2011 at 7:57 PM

We will be in Manaus for one day on a cruise ship. Is there such a thing as a safe and inexpensive local tour, or should we use the tours offered by the cruise line? What is the best way to see the area in a short time?

4 Answers Dec 19, 2012 at 4:18 AM
    • Manaus concern

Manaus Oct 6, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Hi, we are taking a cruiseship sailing from Manaus, however I have read about the insects -Mosquitos and I'm wondering do those also exist in the city, as we will be in the city for 2 days. also I would like your recommendation for day tours companies and a 4 star hotel
      Your reply will be appreciated

4 Answers Oct 12, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    • Working in Gru international airport

Sao Paulo Sep 26, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Hi, im traveling late november to cover a current vacancy in my company.
      Ill be working at the airport, i would like to know an affordable way to transit jardin paulino to gru on a daily basis, cheap is important i've heard economy i growing fast and R$ is really strong and the city is very expensive. Can u advise which bus line i need to take or share some websites with me. Im also looking for laundry mats, i would need to do laundry at least ones a week, are they easy to find? I would like to take capoera classes or samba as well are they really expensive?
      I speak english, spanish and italian, would i need to learn some portugues or ill be ok speaking english and spanish.
      Thank you

5 Answers Sep 28, 2011 at 10:19 PM
    • siufahusky's Profile Photo

Transportation from Guarulhos International Airport to Araraquara

Sao Paulo Aug 9, 2011 at 1:52 AM

Could you tell me how to go from Guarulhos Airport to Araraquara?

1 Answer Aug 9, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    • siufahusky's Profile Photo

Shopping in Sao Paulo

Sao Paulo Aug 9, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Is there any precious and semi precious stones market in Sao Paulo?

• World Cup, Soccer!

Manaus Jun 23, 2011 at 8:57 PM

I am researching for 2014 World Cup locations and hear they are building a new soccer stadium in Manaus? Also, are there airline connections from Peru directly to Manaus or multi-stop flights? Bus trips from Puerto Maldonado, Peru to Manaus? Thank you!

3 Answers Jul 24, 2011 at 3:12 PM
    • Glennaldo's Profile Photo

Sao Paolo - Accommodation?

Sao Paulo Jun 2, 2011 at 4:11 AM

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for accommodation for a couple of nights in Sao Paolo. The main consideration is location - hopefully somewhere safe but convenient, near a metro line. Looking online it seems like there's the dorm rooms in the hostel or the100+ hotels - would like something in between.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
      Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 6, 2011 at 1:36 AM
    • Help! From Peru to Tefe, Brazil

Estado do Amazonas Apr 13, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Dear all
      I am a Taiwanese who is planning to Tefe, Brazil from Peru. After searching and reading a lof of info on forum, I know it can be done in two ways (my last stop in Peru will be Cusco) :

1. Cusco--- fly ---->Puerto Maldonado (Peru) ---taxi ---->Iñapari ---taxi or walk ---->
      Assis Brasil ---bus-->Brasiléia---?--->Rio Branco (Brazil) -- fly-->Manaus--fly--->Tefe

2 Cusco--- fly ---->Iquitos--- fly or boat? ---->Santa Rosa----bost---->Leticia ----
      taxi or walk-->Tabatinga --- fly or boat ---->Tefe
      My Q is that:

1. Which way is less money and time-spending? I only have 5 days to do it, so time is more important than money to me if I can\'t save both.

2. I don\'t speak Spanish and Portuguese. Which way is safer for me?

Please also reply to lyc921@gmail.com if its not too much trouble, as I may not check here everyday.
      Many many thanks for your help!
      Chen

3 Answers Apr 21, 2011 at 11:38 AM
    • Search for Partners!

Manaus Feb 20, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Hi my name is Maya, at 11.3 I have a flight from salvador to Manaus and I'm looking for a partner for the flight or someone that is Already in Manaus and will join me to sail on the Amazon.
      my mail is: mayashamir1@gmail.com

1 Answer Feb 20, 2011 at 8:34 AM