Estado de Yucatán

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• high crime area?

Chuburná Jul 19, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Wondering if security is a big concern for Americans while traveling in the Chuburna area.

1 Answer Jul 21, 2015 at 6:40 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Time to spend at Mayan sights?

Chichén-Itzá Jul 7, 2015 at 12:26 PM

I'm starting to plan my Mexico-trip and its difficult for me to estimate the time, which is needed for the mayan sights, particularly Chitzen Itza, Uxmal, Palenque and Tulum... How many hours an average visit will take?

I know it is a tricky question, because every visitor has its own pace, but usually I tend to make sights quicker than the average backpacker... For instance for me two (full) days were sufficient at Angkor Wat or Petra (just to give you a comparison).

6 Answers Jul 27, 2015 at 3:21 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Reserve accomodation is necessary during high season?

Mérida Jul 6, 2015 at 4:19 AM

During absolutely high season (end of Decembre till early January) I want to travel through Yucatan and Chiapas by rented car. I will avoid Cancun and Playa del Carmen but visit Tulum, Chitzen Icha, Merida, Campeche, Palneque and San Cristobal de las Casas. Do you think booking in advance is necesarry? Or will there be plenty of accomodations?

3 Answers Jul 7, 2015 at 8:57 AM
    • Merida Car Rental

Mérida May 13, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Is there a car rental company that does not require such a high deposit for a car rental. Most of them require a $700 deposit on a credit card on top the car fees.

2 Answers May 14, 2015 at 7:18 AM
    • What is the usual price for lodging.I am looking in Valladolid. Nothing fancy, but comfortable.

Valladolid Apr 26, 2015 at 11:12 AM

how much might it cost to stay one month +

2 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 2:37 PM
    • Jefie's Profile Photo

Best guided tours?

Mérida Feb 3, 2015 at 3:55 AM

I'm going to Mérida at the end of February and I really want to visit Chichen Itza, Uxmal and Celestun. We don't feel like renting a car, so I'm looking for information or reviews on some of the tour operators based in Mérida. Right now, I'm looking at Mayan Ecotours, Ecoturismo Yucatan, and TuriTrans Mérida. Does anyone have experience with any of them? Or perhaps you have another company to recommend?

1 Answer Feb 21, 2015 at 12:22 PM
    • Photographing at Celestun

Celestùn Dec 11, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Is it possible to photograph flamingos and other birds from land, or do you need to be on a boat?

• Progreso lodging advice

Progreso Oct 16, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Hello. We plan on a trip to Merida and a nearby beach town in mid-November, 8 to 10 days. That whole area seems fantastic with much to see. Any recommendations as to what beach town would be best for 3 or 4 days? Looking for a casual, clean on the beach experience. Thanks

1 Answer Oct 22, 2014 at 4:01 PM
    • day trip from Cancun

Chichén-Itzá Oct 8, 2014 at 10:42 AM

We are staying in Cancun, and would like to visit CI. How long could one spend there (obiviously it will depend on what kind of traveller you are, but what have people found is a reasonable amount of time there?)

We are wondering if we would be able to fit in a visit to Ria Lagartos Biosphere Reserve, Celestun Wildlife Refuge, Ek Balam, and Cenote Dzitnup, in the same day as going to CI from Cancun, or is this too ambitious? Is this part of the trip a whole day trip, in and of itself?

We're staying in Cancun and don't have plans to spend overnight in the CI area.

Thanks in advance!

6 Answers Nov 10, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    • Cancun airport to Progresso

Progreso Aug 11, 2014 at 11:17 PM

How much is a taxi from the airport to Progresso? What are the bus options for the same and how much?

• monicarc's Profile Photo

taxis around chichen area?

Chichén-Itzá Aug 4, 2014 at 3:53 PM

we are thinking about possibly staying 3 nights in chichen itza--are taxis readily available to get around to restaurants? i also read the public bus was popular, how late does it run? thank you

1 Answer Oct 16, 2014 at 7:58 AM
    • Swimming Spot in Progreso

Progreso Jul 28, 2014 at 8:34 AM

I read a review on Yucalpetan about a beautiful swimming spot. Is it in the ocean? Also do you have to bring your on snorkeling gear?

Thanks Vicki M

• Digestive disorders

Valladolid Jul 14, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Is it safe to eat and drink (bottled water, of course) fruit or other cocktails, without intestinal issues in the Yucatan ? We had a bad experience when in San Miguel a few years back. ?

6 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM
    • tour guide

Ek Balam Jul 4, 2014 at 11:12 AM

can you get a tour guide right at Ek Balam? if so how much does it cost?

1 Answer Oct 16, 2014 at 7:56 AM
    • Progreso lighthouse tour

Progreso Jun 18, 2014 at 11:52 AM

We really want to climb to the top of the lighthouse (El Faro) while our cruise ship is in Progreso. Is there a fee? What is the procedure? Any time constraints? Frank

1 Answer Jun 27, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Progreso Apr 5, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Does Progreso take American dollars?
      What beach can I find seashells?

3 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM
    • Rental Properties in El Centro

Mérida Feb 7, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Hi, I'm planning on spending 2-3 months in Merida and I'd like to start a list of potential rentals.
      I'm a middle aged + solo female traveler. I have traveled in Mexico for many years but have not spent much time in Merida.
      I want to be in centro or within a 15 minute walk.
      The rental must have a pool and be in a safe neighborhood.
      Does anyone have any suggestions or know of a reliable honest property manager to contact.

• Snorkeling

Progreso Jan 2, 2014 at 11:35 AM

We will only be in Progreso one short day on our Carinval Cruise. Is snorkeling a popular activity here? If not, what is recommended as we will only be here from 8 am to 4 pm. the day we port here. Thanks.

• Taxi Services

Progreso Dec 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I want to hire a reputable English speaking driver from The Port of Progreso on January 29 from 9:30 am til 3:30 pm. Where can I do this and what should I expect to pay?

• Carnival Cruise excursion

Chichén-Itzá Dec 30, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I'd like to go to Chichen Itza . Is it cheaper to get off the ship and book a tour? Or do I run the risk of it being sold out?

3 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    • Can you do an ATV tour in Progresso? Can not find on line.

Progreso Dec 26, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Looking for an ATV type tour to do in Progresso.can only find one through Carnival that's $100 pp think its going to be a little too cool next week for the beach.

• Things to do in Progreso at Christmas

Progreso Dec 22, 2013 at 5:33 AM

We will be travelling to Progreso on Monday. Is there something to do at Christmas? We are a family with three children. Please give us a hint as we are afraid that everything will be closed.

1 Answer Dec 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    • valladolid on New years day

Valladolid Dec 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM

we are leaving Chichen Itza to drive to Rio lagartos on new years day. Would it be correct to assume that everyone will be at home and all the shops and restaurants will be closed? At what time will things start to open? Will the cenotes in and around town be open? Have I picked the worst day of the year to visit?

• travelling through Tizimin on new years day

Río Lagartos Dec 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM

we are travelling to Rio Lagartos on new year's day and wondering if the Feria de los Tres Reyes will be on in Tizmin, making it worth a stop. Otherwise, we would drive straight on to rio lagartos

• Gary.Olomoucky's Profile Photo

Transportation, "Trains, Planes, and Automobiles"

Progreso Nov 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I will be in Progresso for 3 months starting in January. I was thinking of renting a car for the duration, but I can buy a car for less than what the rental would cost me. Do you have recommendations on how I can get around during my stay? I've rented a house down by the sea outside of town.

6 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    • Going on a cruise in 21 days,

Progreso Nov 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM

We are going on a cruise in 21 days, and We are stopping in Progeso on Dec 18... Its my birthday and I want do something fun such as renting Jetski's and doing some shopping. Does any one know if you can rent Jet skis in Progreso? If so how much... Thank you.

1 Answer Nov 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
    • Will be stopping in Progresso on a cruise is the beach near the cruise terminal?

Progreso Nov 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Will be stopping in Progresso on a cruise is the beach near the cruise terminal?

2 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    • Running routes

Valladolid Nov 15, 2013 at 6:23 AM

I am interested in running - are there routes that you could recommend. Nan

1 Answer Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Ship Passage to Progreso?

Progreso Nov 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Is there currently any way to get from FL to Progreso, Yucatan, MX by ferry or ship passage other than a cruise ship?

1 Answer Nov 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    • Socializing and community activities

Progreso Oct 25, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Is there a social organization in Progreso that has multiple interests? I'll be in Progreso for 5 months, this Nov. to April 2014 and would like to get involved in community activities/day-tripping/over-night trips,charitable works, etc.. I would also like to find a walking buddy for early morning beach walks (I'll be staying halfway between Progreso and Chicxalub).
      Thanx for any suggestions that come along.