Estado de Tamaulipas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• driving from houston to nuevo laredo

Nuevo Laredo Apr 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM

i just need to see a family member that will be waiting for me on the other side. i have a passport but i do not have a permit for my car. what can i do? And also i need to take with me 3 large bags. can i pass to the other side with them?
      i need help asap pls!

more
    • BEACHES???

Estado de Tamaulipas Mar 23, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Hello! I wanted to know if anyone knows of any beaches in Tamaulipas??

more
    • prescription drugs

Nuevo Progreso Apr 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Where is a legitimate Pharmacy to buy prescription drugs. Web site please.

more
    • hotel/motel holoday inn

Nuevo Progreso Apr 7, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Can anyone recommend a hotel in nuevo progresso while i get some dental
      work done?

more
    • crossing without passport into nuevo laredo....

Nuevo Laredo Mar 24, 2014 at 3:19 PM

meeting my husband in Nuevo Laredo. My daughter and I do not have possession of our passports. My husband currently has them in Mexico. Does anyone know if my daughter and I will have a problem crossing into Nuevo Laredo only. Either by taxi because we will have a couple of bags. Or should I send my bag over by the bus and walk across. We are staying for a week or two and already have hotel reservations. Can somebody let me know what the processes if I'll be stopped will my birth certificate and ID and social security cards cards work tu casa en tu nuevo Laredo thank you

more
    • hotel/motel holoday inn

Nuevo Progreso Apr 7, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Can anyone recommend a hotel in nuevo progresso while i get some dental
      work done?

14 Answers Yesterday
    • driving from houston to nuevo laredo

Nuevo Laredo Apr 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM

i just need to see a family member that will be waiting for me on the other side. i have a passport but i do not have a permit for my car. what can i do? And also i need to take with me 3 large bags. can i pass to the other side with them?
      i need help asap pls!

1 Answer Apr 7, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • prescription drugs

Nuevo Progreso Apr 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Where is a legitimate Pharmacy to buy prescription drugs. Web site please.

4 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 8:50 PM
    • crossing without passport into nuevo laredo....

Nuevo Laredo Mar 24, 2014 at 3:19 PM

meeting my husband in Nuevo Laredo. My daughter and I do not have possession of our passports. My husband currently has them in Mexico. Does anyone know if my daughter and I will have a problem crossing into Nuevo Laredo only. Either by taxi because we will have a couple of bags. Or should I send my bag over by the bus and walk across. We are staying for a week or two and already have hotel reservations. Can somebody let me know what the processes if I'll be stopped will my birth certificate and ID and social security cards cards work tu casa en tu nuevo Laredo thank you

14 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 12:42 PM
    • BEACHES???

Estado de Tamaulipas Mar 23, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Hello! I wanted to know if anyone knows of any beaches in Tamaulipas??

2 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM
    • Location of Nuevo Progesso

Nuevo Progreso Mar 13, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Is it on the Texas-Mexico border? I can't seem to figure it out, running into conflicting information. If not, how do people get to it?

3 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 8:24 PM
    • Need help and directions

Nuevo Laredo Feb 25, 2014 at 4:51 PM

When I crossed INTO Mexico using Bridge 2, I was not able to find the Immigration Office and, while I DID HAVE my car permit and insurance etc (which I got on line and by courier), I did not get a tourist card or a stamp in my passport before ending up on the toll road and well into Mexico. I have been in Mexico for two months and now need to get home.
      I am travelling back that same way INTO Texas via Nuevo Laredo Bridge 2 and need instructions on how to find the place where a) I give back my car sticker, and b) where I tell them my sad tale of woe about not having a tourist card. Can anyone give me clear and concise instructions, PLEASE.
      Is this one and the same place for car and immigration?
      What sort of "fine" should I expect to have to pay to get through the immigration?

1 Answer Mar 18, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    • m.mann10's Profile Photo

No more soldiers in Nuevo Progreso January 2014?

Nuevo Progreso Feb 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I heard somewhere that there are no longer armed soldiers in Nuevo Progreso protecting tourists. I remember them from my visit there several years ago but I heard they are gone now and that the town is also much less frequented by visitors because they are afraid of criminals and drug cartels in Mexico. Has anyone visited there recently? Any thoughts?

1 Answer Apr 7, 2014 at 8:27 PM
    • border crossing

Nuevo Laredo Jan 21, 2014 at 12:23 PM

I need to go to a Port of Entry for U.S. Customs and Border to get my TN visa stamp. Laredo is the closest to Austin TX. I don't wish to drive through the border. Can I park my car in Laredo, TX border side and go up the US Customs and Border office by foot? Should I be concern about my safety? Thank you

5 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    • Searching for animal drugs?

Nuevo Progreso Jan 13, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Where to find Trifexis for my pet dog?

1 Answer Apr 7, 2014 at 8:30 PM
    • Best way to get from Matamoros to Brownsville late at night

Matamoros Nov 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I retired to Veracruz & have crossed at Matamoros/Brownsville numerous times but always by car. My problem/question is I am taking a direct bus from Veracruz but they only have one a day & it leaves Veracruz at 6:40 a.m. and arrives in Matamoros at 11:30 p.m. Hate to get a hotel that late & could reserve my extended stay hotel to include day/night I arrive in Matamoros as rate for the week figures out to less than $24 @ day. So even if I got to the hotel at 2:00 a.m. it would be better than paying $40 or more in Matamoros, plus I would still face the same problem the next day getting to my hotel. Do taxi's from Matamoros go into Brownsville? I saw where the approx amount from the Matamoros airport to Brownsville is $35 and the distance from Matamoros bus station would be less. Or would my best bet be to take a taxi to the border & walk across & try & get a Brownsville taxi to my hotel. I am 72 & would rather not walk any further than needed. LOL. PAULETTEJACK@AOL.COM

• Traveling by bus to Durango

Nuevo Laredo Nov 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I am trying to find the cheapest, yet safest, way to travel to Durango. Looking at Greyhound, if I took the bus from my town here in the states to Durango I would have to transfer in Nuevo Laredo. My boyfriend told me that this is where he passed through and it is dangerous. Would I be better off paying more and catching a plane rather than taking the bus??

1 Answer Nov 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    • How Do I Get From the Border to the Matamoros Airport?

Matamoros Oct 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM

My husband is soon to be deported. He will be put across the bridge from Brownsville to Matamoros. We plan to have him fly from Matamoros to TJ where we have some extended family. My husband is not a native Spanish speaker, and he has never lived in Mexico so he is not sure how anything works. I've read in another post that there is a bus station nearby. How close is the bus station (within eyesight) or is there somewhere I can find walking directions? Which buses go to the airport? Are there taxis available? How far of a drive is the airport? Any insights would be appreciated

1 Answer Oct 17, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    • my infant son and i well be going to nuevo laredo to meet up with my husband!!!!

Nuevo Laredo Oct 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Im taking a bus to laredo tx from san antonio tx how much do the taxi cost and is it safe to trust taxi driver to cross to the bus station the one in front of XOXO store????

• Passport Needed??

Ciudad Miguel Alemán Oct 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Do you need a passport to enter back in the US From a border town? I know you are suppose to have one but will all US documents ,birth cert., social sec., Driver Lic. will work. We have had a family emergency and need to cross in order to take care of my father n law.

26 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    • Torajiro's Profile Photo

Bus from Laredo to Zacatecas

Nuevo Laredo Jun 29, 2013 at 6:43 PM

We are flying in to Laredo, Texas, in mid-August at 20:20. Is it practical to catch a bus that night to go to Zacatecas, Mexico (it can be Mexico City)? If it is possible, what is the best way to do it?

- Go to a bus depot in Laredo, TX, from the Laredo airport by taxi, and find a night bus to go to Zacatecas?
      - Go across the border (how do we get there; taxi or bus?) and get to the bus depot in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, to catch a bus to Zacatecas?
      - I am reading that, in general in Mexico, it is better to catch a bus at a bus depot without a reservation. Does this apply to this plan?
      - If a reservation is recommended, which one should I book and how?

Thank you very much!

3 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 6:15 AM
    • border crossing

Nuevo Laredo Jun 5, 2013 at 3:01 PM

what i the best way to go from the Laredo border to Nuevo Laredo airport?

2 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 7:23 PM
    • Traveling the Tampico-Ciudad Valles Highway/Mexico 70

Tampico Sep 6, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Hi, I have an opportunity to travel to a small resort slightly east of Ciudad Valles in 2013. I obviously have some concerns about traveling to Mexico at the moment.

I did review the travel.state.gov website, but am interested in some more detailed information. We would fly into Tampico and travel by car/van via the Tampico-Ciudad Valles/Mexico 70 Highway to a small resort slightly east of Ciudad Valles.

My main concern is traveling on the Tampico-Ciudad Valles/Mexico 70 Highway. If you could please provide me with as much detailed information as possible about this specific route, it would be much appreciated. Most of the information I can find is from 2011 or earlier.

Thank you in advance.

• ETN bus station in Nuevo Laredo to border?

Nuevo Laredo Oct 17, 2011 at 5:40 PM

How much is a Taxi from the ETN bus station in Nuevo Laredo to the border? Also approximately how many miles and time it takes.

Thanks in advance,
      1fox

2 Answers Oct 18, 2011 at 6:21 AM
    • Meeting At The Border

Nuevo Laredo Aug 17, 2011 at 3:34 PM

I live in the US. My girlfriend lives in Durango. We want to meet at the border. She is arriving on the bus from Durango. I am driving my car across. What is the best bridge to cross? Where can we meet once I am across the border?When her bus stops at the border, will she be allowed to get off and wait for me? How is the best way to handle this situation? Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Aug 17, 2011 at 7:56 PM
    • Is there any danger in traveling to Tampico and from Tampico to Cd. Valles, SLP?

Tampico Dec 8, 2010 at 7:19 AM

I would like to visit a friend in Tampico, and then go from there to Cd. Valles, SLP. My friend in Cd. Valles recently told me that there was danger for them to travel by bus to Cancun because of kidnappings!! Also, there was that 77-year-old rancher who was recently killed by drug cartel people when he didn't vacate his ranch north of Tampico as ordered by them. So Tampico was actually in our TV reports of killings in Mexico!!

I am wondering of the advisability of my going to Tampico and also to Cd. Valles, if you know where that is.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Also, I went to the public beach in Tampico many years ago and was very disgusted by how dirty it was. Are there beaches there that are clean, and would they be warm enough to swim in in February? Would there be a nice hotel/resort right on the beach to stay in??? Can you recommend one or two? THANKS!!

1 Answer Dec 13, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    • Safe to drive from GDL through Nouevo Laredo?

Nuevo Laredo Jun 5, 2010 at 3:43 PM

As I live in GDL, I have done this drive several times during the past 2 summers. Given the latest security issues and travel warnings against "nonessential" travel, how safe is it, in reality, to drive the bypass around Monterrey to Nuevo Laredo. I am not one to spook easily but I did read somewhere that a person was carjacked on the cuota from Monterrey to Reynosa. I am a female who will be traveling with my 3 dogs in my car with US plates. Naturally, I would plan on going through the area in the afternoon, sometime during the first part of July. I am, however, worried about coming across roadblocks from the Zetas or other criminal groups. I also need to make the return trip at the beginning of August. As it is ideal for me to drive with my dogs, I would like to make the drive if it is safe?

Anyone living or traveling there (Mont. or N.L) recently have any advice for me?

2 Answers Jun 6, 2010 at 3:42 AM
    • liliana.patricia's Profile Photo

Lost In Tampico..LOOKING FOR PARADISE CLOSE BY

Tampico Apr 26, 2010 at 8:37 AM

I am at a loss for things to do in Tampico. I have traveled to CUN, CZM, PVR etc and love places like this. Due to the outrageous air prices from TAM to the above locations with local airlines and understanding I must stay in Tampico. Looking for a paradise type getaway for about 3 days, any reccommendations of nearby places to Tampico and low cost travel options to get to other places? PLEASE HELP NEED TO HAVE THIS WORKED OUT WITHIN THE NEXT MONTH. Trying to accommodate 2 people in our party that air prices to other destinations are out of their range. Hey even willing to do rental car but definitely needing to find paradise near Tampico without the 5-12 hr drive. THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL ADVISE GIVEN.

1 Answer May 9, 2010 at 11:51 AM
    • SenorSmith's Profile Photo

???what bridge???

Nuevo Laredo Mar 17, 2010 at 3:26 AM

Hello I have been traveling to mx for years and have allways passed threw the #2 bridge being that Nuevo Larado is having so many problems i would like to know if the World Trade Bridge is safe to cross and is the road that takes me to the toll road that go's to monterey safe. I allready have my personal and vehicle permits so bassically all i want to do is get threw Nuevo Larado the fastest.

2 Answers Mar 22, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    • most economical way to get from Harlingen to Matamoros?

Estado de Tamaulipas Dec 17, 2009 at 3:00 AM

I will be taking a bus from Matamoros to the DF, but will be arriving by plane to the Harlingen airport. What is the cheapest, smartest way to get to Matamoros? Also, I have looked at bus companies and it seems ADO, Omnibus, Estrella Blanca and Senda run the route from Matamoros to the DF...any others I have missed? I used to live in the DF and visit other cities by bus, so I understand how the bus systems work, but I am not familiar with the northern cities and the bus companies that run from them. Thanks!!

4 Answers Dec 22, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    • most economical way to get from Harlingen to Matamoros?

Estado de Tamaulipas Dec 17, 2009 at 2:57 AM

I will be taking a bus from Matamoros to the DF, but will be arriving by plane to the Harlingen airport. What is the cheapest, smartest way to get to Matamoros? Thanks!

• illimanisnow's Profile Photo

How to get to Tampico

Tampico Jun 13, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Very Basic Question. We will arrive by plane to México city. How do we get to Tampico by bus? What companies do the service and how much do they cost aprox?
      Thanks

2 Answers Aug 24, 2010 at 2:22 PM
    • As of March 2009, is it still safe for two women to travel to Progresso?

Nuevo Progreso Mar 4, 2009 at 9:55 AM

My 50 year old wife and 21 year old daughter are planning to make a day trip to Progresso in Mid March. They have done this over the years with no problems, however with the current State Department warnings about Border town security, I want to be sure that the Progesso area is still safe. I've been searching online today and can only find articles that are two or more years old. Does anyone know if as of 2009, it is still safe for seniors and women to travel to the border town of Progresso? Thank you!

7 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 6:03 PM
    • Safety in Progreso

Nuevo Progreso Feb 24, 2009 at 10:08 AM

How safe is nuevo progreso these days compared with all the drug/violence problems with other border towns.

2 Answers Feb 24, 2009 at 10:40 AM
    • Van with driver

Mérida Jan 22, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I'm looking for a driver who can drive us from Merida to Villahermosa and back while visiting small towns and tourist attractions. We are a group of 8 but need space for all of our luggage. Looking for approx. a 12passenger van. Driver needs to know the area well "tour guide", looking for an estimate which includes, accomodations, fuel, toll charges, etc. Trip is schedule for 3/20/09 to 3/30/09.

2 Answers Jan 28, 2009 at 3:53 PM