change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• NativeAm's Profile Photo

Detention Center in Sao Paulo, Brazil

São Paulo Dec 5, 2014 at 3:29 PM

A friend was deported to Brazil from Africa very recently. Although he was using his Brazilian passport, he has not been in Brazil for many years...he is a USA green card holder but his green card has expired. I do not know the Portuguese language but I was told the Federal police station where he is being held is on Rua Guainases? Does anyone know where I can get information on him?

more
    • NativeAm's Profile Photo

Detention Center in Sao Paulo, Brazil

São Paulo Dec 5, 2014 at 3:29 PM

A friend was deported to Brazil from Africa very recently. Although he was using his Brazilian passport, he has not been in Brazil for many years...he is a USA green card holder but his green card has expired. I do not know the Portuguese language but I was told the Federal police station where he is being held is on Rua Guainases? Does anyone know where I can get information on him?

3 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    • brazil - electric plug

São Paulo Oct 6, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Do we need an electrical plug adapter when traveling from Spain to Brasil?

3 Answers 14 hours ago
    • Airport shuttle

São Paulo Aug 16, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I am booked to stay at the Bristol International arriving on 19th August on American Airlines flight from Miami. How do I identify the free shuttle that will take us to the hotel

1 Answer Aug 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM
    • Language Institute in Sao Paulo, Brazil

São Paulo Jul 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM

hello brothers
      I am soon coming to Sao Paulo
      but I want the names of the institutes studying the language with the Brazilian figures if possible and thank you

7 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM
    • Vaccination

São Paulo Jul 7, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Hello- My son will leave for 5 month to Sao Paulo, although medecins, internet,....ask for yellow fiver, hepatite A/B vaccination, I'am not shure if this is really necessary. What kind of things he need to take care about?

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 3:26 PM
    • Sao Paulo to Santos transportation

São Paulo Jun 4, 2014 at 8:51 AM

We are flying into Sao Paulo, but staying in Santos. What is the easiest way to get between the two cities?

1 Answer Jul 23, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • Sao Paulo monthly rental in the financial district

São Paulo May 27, 2014 at 9:59 AM

What is the best way to get a monthly rental (starting in August) in the financial district of Sao Paulo? Does anyone know of any four month rentals?

1 Answer Oct 16, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    • Travel from International airport

São Paulo May 4, 2014 at 10:18 AM

I am coming for the first time & booked at Ramada hotel, Americana.
      How to reach there by train?
      Is it possible to travel by Train?
      If so which station should I get down?

1 Answer Oct 16, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    • Getting to Mococa

São Paulo May 4, 2014 at 2:40 AM

How do I get from Sao Paulo to Mococa? Is it possible to get a bus or a train?

• June2014 Vila Olimpia

São Paulo Apr 22, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Hy All...I will be with my family in São Paulo for the World Cup.any budget restaurants and sports bars to watch the games? Please any other advice gladly appreciated. Thank u!

2 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

São Paulo Apr 7, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

3 Answers May 5, 2014 at 2:03 PM
    • rentedcow's Profile Photo

Travel from Alumínio to Brotas on late Friday afternoon?

São Paulo Mar 14, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Hello my friends, I want to thank all of you for assisting me in finalizing my itinerary on my upcoming trip. I was wondering what to do for the weekend after a week of meetings. One member suggested traveling to Brotas for the weekend. I just found out that I will be in Aluminio on Friday. About 236 km away. Any suggestions on how to get from Aluminio to Brotas? Ciao'

2 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 8:20 AM
    • justinrmccarthy's Profile Photo

Apartment in Santos

Santos Jan 15, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I am looking for a studio or 1 bedroom apartment near the beach in Santos from May to September, dates flexible.

• Plaja Grande

Santos Dec 31, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Hi

Santos/Sao Paulo Brazil

Happy NY. I'm looking for images from a granit rock just of the beach "Plaja Grande" at Santos with skull and cross bones on it. I nearly drowned there in 1981 and would like to add an image from this rock to my photo album.

Would be nice if someone could help!smiley

Thanks.

gkiwi

1 Answer Jan 2, 2014 at 6:16 PM
    • Transfer from airport to port

Santos Dec 12, 2013 at 1:56 AM

2 passengers needing to get from Aeroporto Internacional de Guarulhos to Santos (San Paulo) port. How much would this cost ?and how long will it take? We arrive at 8.30am on Saturday 21st December and need to be at the prot for between 1.30 - 15.30.

Thank you gemma

5 Answers Dec 15, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    • inthesunshine's Profile Photo

Best area to stay in for nightlife (cafe/bars/restaurants/clubs) in Sao Paulo?

São Paulo Dec 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Hi there,
      I'm travelling to Sao Paulo in June 2014, staying three nights. I have heard that the Jardins Area and Paulista Avenue areas are very good. Could anyone else give me any pointers and maybe some cross sections of roads to enable me to narrow down my search. Also looking for an apartment to rent in these kind of areas for three nights.
      I appreciate any advice.
      Cheers
      ITS

1 Answer Dec 10, 2013 at 5:34 AM
    • transfer from Campos do Jordao to Paraty

Campos do Jordão Dec 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I need a transfer from Campos do Jordao to Paraty on Dec.29th. Does anyone know about the means of transportation available? I couldn't find any bus schedule on the internet...

3 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    • Charitable Donation

São Paulo Oct 7, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I want to send medical equipment to a family in Sao Paulo, Brazil. My daughter died from Cystic Fibrosis one year ago and I would like give this equipment to a child in Sao Paulo who suffer from the same disease. The equipment is critical for his therapy. It is very expensive and the child's insurance won't cover it. Doyou know how I can ship it to him andget it through Customs?
      Please advise, Jane King, trickykitty54@yahoo.com

4 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    • Japanese Church

São Paulo Sep 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM

What are the biggest Japanese Christian Churches in Sao Paolo?

2 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 2:46 AM
    • Ilhabela to Dianantina

Ilhabela Sep 15, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Hello, how can I travel from Ilhabela to Dianantina without flying please?

Many thanks
      C

8 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    • transportation from international airport to hotel in Sao Paulo

São Paulo Sep 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM

If I can take the Airport Express bus, would I be able to tell the driver the hotel "Porto Bay" and would they let you off at the hotel or is it a central stop and need to take a taxi from there?

6 Answers Sep 10, 2013 at 2:31 AM
    • Driving Job in São Paulo

São Paulo Sep 5, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Hi guys,

I'm from Miami, Fl and am considering a job assignment that will last 3 weeks to 2 months in the São Paulo metropolitan area and will include a few drives to places in the state such as Bauru and Franca as well as a drive to Rio de Janeiro. This will be from November 2013 to December 2013. All of the driving will be done in a rental car and it must be from 35-40 hours a week driving and capturing video/digital images of different highway junctions throughout the city and metropolitan area. I'm just curious about how safe this job seems for someone who doesn't know the area especially since there is so much traffic. I am fluent in Portuguese and I'm Cuban so I definitely blend in with the Brazilian crowd and don't stick out as a "gringo." Also can anybody give me an idea of what to expect traffic-wise as I have heard it doesn't get much worse. I am asking these questions after reading through several forums and just wanted to see if I can get some responses specific to my situation as I think it is pretty unique (3 weeks-2 months on the road for 40 hours a week) and I want to know what you guys think the chances of something bad will happen including getting into an accident as I'm expecting some aggressive drivers (even worse than Miami!)

Thanks for your time!
      Joseph

Oi gente,
      sou de Miami e estou considerando um trabalho que vai durar desde 3 semanas até dois meses em São Paulo e a sua área metropolitana e que incluiria viagens de carro até Bauru, Franca e Rio de Janeiro. Vai ser Novembro até Dezembro desse ano. Todas as viagens vão ser de carro alugado e seriam 35-40 horas cada semana fazendo as tarefas em diversas partes da cidade. O serviço seria tomar imagens e vídeos das junções e estradas para uma empresa de GPS. Sou curioso sobre o que vocês acham sobre a segurança para uma pessoa que não conhece a área indo conduzir num lugar com tanto trânsito. Eu sei que todas as cidades maiores tem problema de crime em certos lugares e por isso gostaria de saber se seria perigoso estar na estrada por 40 horas por semana utilisando uma câmera digital (duas pessoas uma conduzindo a outra tomando as imagens). Posso dizer que não tenho cara de gringo por ser cubana (heh heh heh) e falo português com poco sotaque de pessoa que fala espanhol e sei não atirar atenção.

Só para resumir gostaria das suas opiniões sobre:
      -segurança com acidentes de trânsito (nunca tenho conduzindo no Brasil ou Ámerica do sul) e em ser asaltada se me encontro num engarrafamento.
      -horário em qual a cidade tranca e não pode se ir de carro
      -$70 US por dia de estipêndio para cobrir hôtel/hostel e comido chega?

Para mim este trabalho seria um sonhooooooo e sou queria tirar essas dúvidas

Brigadão gente!!
      Joseph

6 Answers Sep 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM
    • sao paulo tour information

São Paulo Sep 2, 2013 at 5:35 PM

hi. I am a foreigner - Indian, and want to have a guided tour of the center of city of sao paulo. I find that the turismetro tour on Saturday`s and Sunday`s is suspended. canyou let me know other possible options to get a similar tour? any idea when the tourist metro tour will start again? please mail me on jeevan.prak@gmail.com

6 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    • How much time does it take to get from downtown Sao Paulo to GRU airport?

São Paulo Jul 25, 2013 at 7:53 AM

How much time should we allow to get from our hotel (the Hyatt Grand in the Marginal Pinheiros Business district) to the GRU airport? Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

3 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    • How much time do I need to transfer thro GRU?

São Paulo Jul 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I have a GOL flight into São Paulo GRU and then I have three hours to get on a TAM flight to Santiago. Is this going to be enough time or is it cutting it too fine and not allowing enough time? My only other option is to arrive and wait at the airport for 9 hours.

4 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    • In transit

São Paulo May 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM

If I am in transit between 2 flights for about 9 hours. Is it possible to go through passport control to see a bit of Sao Paulo without having bags etc with me?

4 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 7:37 AM
    • rentedcow's Profile Photo

Embu das Artes

São Paulo Apr 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Hello My Friends, what day is the outdoor market in Embu das Artes? Can you give me any suggestions/pointers for going to the market?

Thanks Will

2 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    • frank.cien's Profile Photo

Bus between Sao Paolo and Rio de Janiero

São Paulo Apr 10, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Are there good quality buses which travel non stop between Sao Paolo to Rio de Janiero in early December 2013? Which companies? What price? Their websites.

12 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 6:39 PM
    • NtameniM's Profile Photo

Hair extensions

São Paulo Mar 25, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Where can I buy hair extensions in Sao Paolo .

1 Answer Jan 1, 2014 at 1:47 AM
    • traveling with kids

São Paulo Mar 7, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I am traveling with an infant and a toddler. It is better to book a taxi or a bus

2 Answers Mar 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM